Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #2131
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

She lost 6-4 2-6 3-6. Not a bad week for her though.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #2132
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla. View Post
Not a bad week for her though.
Yes. Another decent performance at a big tournament. Mona proves she is a top-15 player already but for the top-10 she should improve.
Thanks, MOna, for the match against Ana
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 04:44 AM   #2133
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
Would have loved to see her making the 4-5 after matchpoints for stosur

But good week anyway
Hope she can back it up in Miami

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #2134
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

What to say about the match without having watched it ?
Similar currency like yesterday with a very different outcome.
Sam obviously was able to adapt her game better after Mona`s furious start. Mona couldn`t find a plan B or/and simply woke up again too late in the third set.
No shame to loose against such an experienced player. Overall still a good tournament for her.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #2135
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

at least she won a set, but mona has to improve a lot to be a real threat for the top seeds outside indoor hc...

she has to defend 350 points until madrid now, but most important is to play consistently on a good level in the next months...then she has all chances to enter top 20 until summer
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #2136
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

a pity, but seems like iw was a good tournament for her
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #2137
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Her new highest ranking - #23.. Congrats
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #2138
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

No shame in losing to Sam on such slows courts, but I had hopes that she would pull it off.

Anyway, another good tournament for her, let's hope she gets a nice draw for Miami as well.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #2139
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Her new highest ranking - #23.. Congrats
If Mona enjoy her play in Miami - TOP20 player.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #2140
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Mona . Still a good tournament!

I think Mona has already the game to be a TOP-10 player and she can already be a thread for the top seeds at any tournament, but not consistently so far. Therefore she just needs more matches against these top level players in order to gain experience and confidence. The necessary improvements will come automatically with these kind of matches but of course also with a specific training in a professional team.

Although Mona already has reached such a high level (TOP 10 in the race) she is one of the players with the biggest room for improvements. If she continues to work on her weaknesses (forehand on the move, footwork, some mental aspects) she will be able to regularly play TOP-5 level by the middle of 2014. Therefore i hope she stays with Team Orlik and hopefully deepens her relationship with them.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #2141
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Still a good tournament for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnffy View Post
she has to defend 350 points until madrid now
Mandatory tournaments:
Miami 80
Madrid 80

Optional touraments:
Stuttgart 120 (but could be replaced with 70 points from Montreal)
Copenhagen 70 (Non-Countable result for her)

That means, she has only to defend 210 points until Madrid.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #2142
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I think Mona has already the game to be a TOP-10 player and she can already be a thread for the top seeds at any tournament, but not consistently so far. Therefore she just needs more matches against these top level players in order to gain experience and confidence. The necessary improvements will come automatically with these kind of matches but of course also with a specific training in a professional team.
that was already the case last year, but a real threat means that she can win these matches, not only make them competitive…her only top 20 wins outdoors were against jankovic in miami last year and angie in dubai who wasn't fully recovered from her injury

Quote:
Although Mona already has reached such a high level (TOP 10 in the race) she is one of the players with the biggest room for improvements. If she continues to work on her weaknesses (forehand on the move, footwork, some mental aspects) she will be able to regularly play TOP-5 level by the middle of 2014. Therefore i hope she stays with Team Orlik and hopefully deepens her relationship with them.
yeah, but the biggest improvement would be if she could play, unlike last year, a consistent saison...then she will climb up the ranking automatically

Last edited by Schnffy : Mar 13th, 2013 at 11:21 AM.
Schnffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #2143
deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Quote:
This, this, this! I'm really happy that some people believe and know Mona is TOP 5 material. This season proving us she is capable to fight against top players. I don't expect big wins from her now, I'm only hope she still progress and works on consistency and weaknesses as you said. Scores comes immediately.
Indian Wells was really good for her. Fourth round is really optimistic results, losing to Sam isn't embarassing. She gained some more experience against top players. I can't wait Miami, another fourth round will be success, but please - don't lose against any mug earlier
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #2144
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Miami will be tougher, because she will get a top 8 seeded player in R3.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #2145
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Miami will be tougher, because she will get a top 8 seeded player in R3.
Why is that? She is ranked #23 right now. Shouldn't 25-32 get the Top 8?
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote