Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 138 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #2056
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

She doesn't have to be at her very best to win this imo. Playing solid tennis would be enough. I think she will win.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #2057
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla. View Post
She doesn't have to be at her very best to win this imo. Playing solid tennis would be enough. I think she will win.
I have seen some of the ralleys of their last match in Stuttgart on youtube again. It's ovious that Ana couldn't cope with Mona's baseline game through which she very often got off balance. I additionally think that Mona is the better athlete so i agree with you that a solid performance should be good enough.

But there is one thing for sure, there will never be a Mona match after which i would say "never in doubt". NID does not exist in the vocabulary of a Mona fan.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #2058
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I have seen some of the ralleys of their last match in Stuttgart on youtube again. It's ovious that Ana couldn't cope with Mona's baseline game through which she very often got off balance. I additionally think that Mona is the better athlete so i agree with you that a solid performance should be good enough.

But there is one thing for sure, there will never be a Mona match after which i would say "never in doubt". NID does not exist in the vocabulary of a Mona fan.
Fully agree.

Old Mar 11th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #2059
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Not Before 5pm Stadium 2. Yuhuuu.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #2060
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak13 View Post
Not Before 5pm Stadium 2. Yuhuuu.
well that was a NID... "superstar" ivanovic always plays on show courts...
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #2061
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Can`t quite get your "yuhuuu".
It starts for us Germans at 2:00 AM which is not really employee-friendly.
And although it`s scheduled on tennistvcom I don`t really trust these guys not to have other ideas out of the sudden.

About the match I`m quite confident but not as much as you other guys are. Of course Mona can beat her, no doubt. But at their match at Stuttgart the conditions were a little different - first match for Ivanovic in that tournament, indoors, Mona in perfect shape, first meeting ever,etc.
We`ll see.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #2062
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

01:00 CET, it's only 8 hours difference now.

I think Mona is better than Ivanovic. So it all depends on whether she can bring her ability to the court, and so far this year she has been able to do that very often, plus she has a coach. I'm oddly confident.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #2063

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
01:00 CET, it's only 8 hours difference now.
Sorry, it`s still a little early in the day for mental math.
Then it looks a little better.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #2064
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
It starts for us Germans at 2:00 AM which is not really employee-friendly.
And although it`s scheduled on tennistvcom I don`t really trust these guys not to have other ideas out of the sudden.

About the match I`m quite confident but not as much as you other guys are. Of course Mona can beat her, no doubt. But at their match at Stuttgart the conditions were a little different - first match for Ivanovic in that tournament, indoors, Mona in perfect shape, first meeting ever,etc.
We`ll see.
Yes, the conditions were different back then but not necessarily all in favour of Mona. I watched a bit of that match again and i would say it was a "hit and miss" match from Mona with huge winners on the one hand and unexplainable unforced errors on the other hand. So overall i would rather call it a "solid performance" but not a perfect match like she had one match later against Bartoli in my opinion.

And i think we have to consider that Mona improved a lot since then what makes me believing that her chances are better than one year ago. But of course Mona can loose tonight for obvious reasons and i think everybody here knows that. Overall i am more optimistic now than i had been before the Wozniacki match because, unlike Woz, Ivanovic is not the type of player who can steal the match away from a better opponent.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #2065
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Naja immerhin Stadium 2. Hätte ja auch 3 sein können und dann wärs das mit den Bildern gewesen. Die Zeit ist natürlich eher suboptimal. Da wäre im Anschluss an Angie natürlich besser gewesen.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2066
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Mona didn't show her best tennis vs Ana last year in Stuttgart. Pretty "hit and miss" match from her as Tecumseh
mentioned. She was very up and down and Ana just couldn't cope with Mona's tennis. She didn't know what to do and you could actually see that in her face in that match. It was all about Mona. When Mona wasn't missing, Ana wasn't able to do anything about it most of the time. Ana actually played pretty good in that match but Mona was too good on the big points. She saved many BPs in the 1st set and played a great TB. That probably was one of her best clutch performances (I know you guys would laugh when you see the word "clutch" and Mona in the same sentence.). Her tennis against Marion in the following round was perfect though. I watched that match more than 3 times already.

Last edited by Setsuna. : Mar 11th, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #2067
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Ana doesn't have a good BH and if Mona can expose her movement on that side she really should win.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #2068
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

i´m not that confident, but i really hope Mona can win this match
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #2069
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Mona will be Germany's number 2 player after Indian Wells.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #2070

This time the rankings don`t lie. Julia is stagnating/getting worse for quite a long time now.