Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #1936
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnffy View Post
mona will play the first match after 3:30 pm on court 1
Great news for me.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1937
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
As expected win over Kerber !

Mona played very well, but honestly Kerber was only at 50 %. She could hardly serve and was slow, let many balls pass. Kerber should have retired. Like Kirilenko, Wickmayer, Makarova, Halep, Lepchenko. But Kerber is just too nice. Wozniacki in R3 will be no problem for Mona.
Apparently she said the injury did not bother her at all, but thats probably a standard response by many players. Im hoping Mona lets her win about 3 games
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #1938
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

OT: Mona not playing Dubai? She's not on the entry list:

http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampi...r-Landing.aspx

Yet, from her website Dubai is on her schedule. I guess we'll find out next week.

http://mona-barthel.de/en/ergebnisse2013en.html
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #1939
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
OT: Mona not playing Dubai? She's not on the entry list:

http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampi...r-Landing.aspx

Yet, from her website Dubai is on her schedule. I guess we'll find out next week.

http://mona-barthel.de/en/ergebnisse2013en.html

She has to qualify for MD
popinjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #1940
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
The biggest problem at that time was that Mona didn't take a break to recover from her foot injury. Then she lost some matches and her confidence was all gone. And maybe she also felt the pressure of her own raised expectations.

In general i think that Wozniacki is not a good matchup for Mona. But let's see how she does against Cirstea first. But normally i think Sorana plays too brainless for Woz.

But anyway a clean-hitting Mona can beat anyone except Vika and Serena in this tournament.
There is no need to describe Wozniacki`s game we all know how she plays. I`d say she`s the best average player on the tour, has got some fighting spirit and is very solid.
But it actually is not very difficult to overpower her.

Julia also had lost 2 matches before she figured out how she has to play Wozniacki.
And Mona has even more weapons in her arsenal than Julia has.
So for me it`s just a matter of time when Mona will beat her.
I don`t know whether she can do it already today.
It will be not as easy as it was in the match against Angie.
Mona played a lot of matches in the last few weeks and I don`t know how fit and hungry for more successes she still is.
When she keeps her level of play of the last time imo she has a very decent chance to take this.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1941
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Patience will be key. If she goes into the match knowing what to expect, knowing that lots of shots that feel great coming off the racket will come back and doesn't get irritated or hectic because of that, she will win.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1942
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Patience will be key. If she goes into the match knowing what to expect, knowing that lots of shots that feel great coming off the racket will come back and doesn't get irritated or hectic because of that, she will win.
This sounds a little bit like Hannelore.
But you`re right, staying patient and not getting tense will be a key factor for Mona.

Last edited by joy division : Feb 14th, 2013 at 09:39 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1943
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
And next time you should scream your "Auf geht`s Mona" a little louder that we also can hear you.
I will probably do this today.
I can spell it easily.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #1944
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline has a huge cheer squad. You will have to shout louder than them
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #1945
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Was ein Scheiß.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #1946
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

That was really an awful match from her.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #1947
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

Hisagi
I don't think Mona is ready to play against pushers/good defenders.
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #1948
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I think this was rather about Mona not being able to adjust her game to the wind and the circumstances than anything else. She has to learn how to handle this better.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1949
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Yes. Same at Hobart final. Too much wind for Mona.
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #1950
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway not a bad tournament for Mona.. Today there is an annoying wind - very tough to play against a pusher
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote