Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 121 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #1801
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
By the way, IIRC Angie was the only German player who congratulated Mona on winning Paris on twitter. So nice of her.

I still remember what she said when Mona beat her in Hobart last year. She said Mona was too good on that day and didn't say she played badly or something like that. I love Angie. She is really classy.
Maybe the other girls were a bit pissed that Mona cancelled the fedcup. At least Julia was not amused about it whereas Angie seems to be very cool with this matter.

But anyway i still think it was the right decision to focus on her singles career for now and hopefully it pays off next week.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #1802
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

^ Agree with you.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #1803
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
By the way, IIRC Angie was the only German player who congratulated Mona on winning Paris on twitter. So nice of her.

I still remember what she said when Mona beat her in Hobart last year. She said Mona was too good on that day and didn't say she played badly or something like that. I love Angie. She is really classy.
I remember that I was quite astonished of her comment after the match because Angie was really annoyed by this loss and close to fail the handshake.
Looking at Mona`s statements she knows Julia pretty well but she obviously had the most contact with Angie from all German players and also was practicing with her once.
Both have been some kind of peripheral figures in the German FedCupteam so far.
So for these reasons Angie is perhaps a little closer to her compared to the others.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #1804
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Maybe the other girls were a bit pissed that Mona cancelled the fedcup. At least Julia was not amused about it whereas Angie seems to be very cool with this matter.

But anyway i still think it was the right decision to focus on her singles career for now and hopefully it pays off next week.
did Gool say something about it

after all the drama Cake never played and with Mauresmo terrible team selection it made things easy for German
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #1805
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
did Gool say something about it

after all the drama Cake never played and with Mauresmo terrible team selection it made things easy for German
Yes, Momo saved Rittner's ass.

Julia said that it should be possible to adapt one's schedule to the fedcup. So she was a bit critical about Mona's cancellation.

Last edited by Tecumseh : Feb 10th, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #1806
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Moving on...

Mona's draw in Doha:

Caroline Wozniacki [10] - Qualifier
Sorana Cirstea - Ons Jabeur [WC]
Mona Barthel - Qualifier
Angelique Kerber [5] - Bye

A rematch against Angie looks highly possible!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #1807
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nice words from her

Not very good draw for Mona. At first I hope she'll draw good qualifier - no Bethanie
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #1808
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Monday 15:30 against the absolute nutjob Putintseva. She knows what's coming though, she watched her already:

Quote:
Matthieu Barbarin
Barthel watched a bit the match, she just couldn't believe her eyes.

Matthieu Barbarin
Barthel vs Putintseva should be fun tomorrow as the German was watching Putintseva's match today & laughing in disbelief about her behavior

Last edited by KatjaS : Feb 10th, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #1809
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

First Round tomorrow vs. Yulia Putintseva
popinjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1810
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

interesting matchup
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #1811
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthias View Post
interesting matchup
They are the absolute polar opposites when it comes to on-court behavior. I hope Mona doesn't get irritated by her antics.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #1812
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinjay View Post
First Round tomorrow vs. Yulia Putintseva
Where did you find full tomorrow's schedule ??
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #1813
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartson View Post
Where did you find full tomorrow's schedule ??
http://www.wtatennis.com/schedule/to...tar-total-open
popinjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #1814
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Good that she watched her today so she knows what to expect.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #1815
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I can rest in peace now.

BEST DAY EVER!!!! Still can't believe I met her and talked to her.

I saw her in court 1 watching a match between the annoying Putintseva and another random player. I was sitting very near to her so I had a little chance to talk to her at that match but I couldn't do it because I was too nervous. I was telling myself at that moment "oh God why I'm such a gutless idiot?".

Then Mona and her mom went out of court one. I tried to follow them but after I got out of court 1 I didn't see them. I didn't know where they go. I searched a little bit around but I gave up eventually. I was about to go home but before that I was curious to know what's happening in center court. Just out of curiosity. I didn't see anyone there apart form security guards and some guys who were checking if the Hawkeye works or preparing the Hawkeye. I don't know what else they were doing.

Wait a min....! When I was still checking who is on center court, I saw Mona and her mum there sitting alone. I was like "OH. MY. GOD!". This was my 2nd golden chance! I was still too nervous to talk to her though. I was walking infront of her and I couldn't look at her face because you know if I looked at her and an eye-contact happens then I would feel embarrassed. I stood near them but I wasn't looking at them. I was fighting myself lol. After about 10 minutes I told myself "Damn!!! Go talk to her already, you fucking coward! You will never get another chance!". Thank God I didn't waste it like the 1st one. Thanks God! I talked to her finally. I really can't describe my feeling at the moment. I'm still so happy! Still can't believe that I got another chance because of my curiosity. God gave me another chance and didn't want me to leave to my home so sad.

She is so sweet and down to earth. What a lovely women. She was laughing when I told her that I was too nervous to talk to her. I told her that she is my n.1 fav and I was so happy to meet her finally. She smiled at me a lot and said thank you. I asked her about her favourite tournament. She answered AO (her fav slam) and Stuttgart. She likes Hobart too of course. I told her that I followed all her matches from this year and last year and I believe she can be the best German player. She smiled and said thank you.

Oh I asked her also "who is the closest German player to you?". She said all of them but first she mentioned Angie and Julia. I couldn't take a pic with her beacuse there was a fence between me and her. I told her I will take a pic with her tomorrow. She didn't train today by the way. Maybe she trained in the morning. Her mom is always with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
If you meet her please give her our kind regards.
Done.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Vekic Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner

Last edited by Setsuna. : Oct 21st, 2013 at 08:34 AM.
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote