Will Caroline Wozniacki retire early? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Caro retire early?

Yes 39 34.82%
No 73 65.18%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #46
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Caroline Wozniacki retire early?

I agree with the consensus here. She seems to have pretty much accepted the inevitable, that she was lucky to overachieve and that she's never going to get the results she got in 2010-11 again, and so she's just trying to maxmimise her earnings, by binging on exhibitions, before her star power completely fades in a couple of years' time.

Have you guys seen her exhibitions schedule this year? She's planning to play an exhibition in the few days INBETWEEN Indian Wells and Miami That is not the schedule of a player who is targetting, or thinks they're capable of, winning big tournaments.

Last edited by dsanders06 : Jan 8th, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #47
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentenaire View Post
You're all making it seem as if she and Rory are an old married couple. They're both still very young, too young to start thinking of starting a family. And who knows, Caro might get lasik surgery and then dump Rory.
It seems like they may be on the track to marriage but you never know. Caroline's focus is not on tennis at the moment though. She's in love and can't seem to manage her personal life with the professional one. Many players are able to balance this like Maria, Serena and Vika.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #48
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly think that if her motivation and game keep falling apart she's way more likely to call it a carreer rather than sacking dad and getting a proper coach.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #49
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGAlady View Post
She made her money. That's the main reason most of them do it for. Let's face it. She has her millions and she's won a few things she won't lose sleep over it. She isn't e kind of player I see winning slams on a regular basis with her current game but who knows? Anythings possible. Who cares tho too... These woman p,ay for cash benefits and parties . The days of playing for glory are over people. Get ur asses out of the sand box
I think this is the reality.

I think Caroline will play for as long as the big endorsements pay, and until her romance with the Leprechaun leads to a wedding (they'll get a few bucks for the Okay/Hello spread). If she plunges further this year, then I can see a 2014 retirement.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #50
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I honestly think that if her motivation and game keep falling apart she's way more likely to call it a carreer rather than sacking dad and getting a proper coach.
I think it's too late for a new coach. Her game is largely cooked and while a new coach can help development he/she can't start over, the same pretty much for all players. The likes of Capriati had the game in the first place to build a comeback on.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #51
country flag Ksenia_PervakFAN

Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all Ksenia_PervakFAN is a name known to all

No . Piotr will kill Rory !
Ksenia_PervakFAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #52
country flag Juju Nostalgique
Rest in peace Bally

Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute Juju Nostalgique has a reputation beyond repute

Juju Nostalgique is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #53
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
She could've taken her off-season far more seriously.
Where is the proof that she didn´t train hard? Where? Desperate Wozniacki fans making excuses after sitting on a high horse for 67 weeks having a hard time to deal with the reality that the "haters" were right in the assessment of her game and the level of opposition she beat while at #1. Or the fact that defensive players (especially as defensive and technically limited as Wozniacki, hell she can´t volley or slice above challenger tour level) don´t/rarely win majors. Wozniacki knew exactly one way to play: defensive against flat powerful hitting without any variety and drawing quick erros from impatient players. She simply cannot handle topspin at all. Do her fans need more proof than the backhand cripples Görges and Ivanovic successfully using the tactic: Moonball bh cc, moonball bh cc, moonball bh cc, short ball Wozniacki from far behind the baseline, run around your forehand, and hit winner. That´s all they had to do.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #54
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastadudde View Post
Hahaha. Woz can only dream of hitting Angie's delectable FHDTL and BHDTL
But she can only have nightmares about getting a 6-1 6-1 beat down from Radwanska
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #55
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

She has to decide she wants to continue the family business or not. She made zero improvements in past 3-4 years with Piotler as "coach", which is an impressive feat even with her limited talent. (yeah i know, there was the adidas program. We all see how well Cirstea & co doing...)
Of course its not that easy to just "fire your daddy" and probably she is scared to think thats the right choice, since he already led her to the top once... its pretty much stalemate right now. And without a big impact, wont change anytime soon.
Of course The Rorynator is another problem, but not as big.
I'm not saying she'll be instantly a huge threat when she sends daddy home, but I'd give her more chance to get back to top5 that way. (well, 1% more than 0%... )
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #56
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I could see this kind of nonsense coming.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #57
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I could see this kind of nonsense coming.
Its a fair question. She's 22, already won 20 titles and in over 30 finals. So you have to figure she loves the competition to compile those numbers at her age.
But whenever a player faces a long term dropoff, or some adversity, you have to see how they handle it.
We are going to find out. She had some okay results last year, losing 4-6 in the 3rd in the Miami semis to Maria. She was in 3 finals in her last 5 tournaments of 2012. But definately a big drop from 2010, 2011.
So lets see how she deals with it.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #58
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I agree with the consensus here. She seems to have pretty much accepted the inevitable, that she was lucky to overachieve and that she's never going to get the results she got in 2010-11 again, and so she's just trying to maxmimise her earnings, by binging on exhibitions, before her star power completely fades in a couple of years' time.

Have you guys seen her exhibitions schedule this year? She's planning to play an exhibition in the few days INBETWEEN Indian Wells and Miami That is not the schedule of a player who is targetting, or thinks they're capable of, winning big tournaments.
Yes, Miss Failniacki Daddy Greedniacki are still all about the $$$. There's no reason why she should retire in the near future since she still seems in great shape and can probably feast on a couple of depleted Premiers whenever she gets the chance. She'll still have a modicum of fame as a "Former world #1" and as a WAG, so no doubt she'll still have a notable amount of endorsements coming in over the next few years, even if she continues as a top 20 also-ran.

She was the most fraudulant "top player" that we have ever seen, and even she must have realised that her level of success compared to her actual amout of talent was severely inflated, and unsustainable in the long run.

Her window to win a GS has well and truly closed, and I think that we should all be thanking our lucky stars that the WTA reign of terror has come to a close with a severe bang.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #59
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGAlady View Post
She made her money. That's the main reason most of them do it for. Let's face it. She has her millions and she's won a few things she won't lose sleep over it. She isn't e kind of player I see winning slams on a regular basis with her current game but who knows? Anythings possible. Who cares tho too... These woman p,ay for cash benefits and parties . The days of playing for glory are over people. Get ur asses out of the sand box
Do you not also work to make a living? Your tone gives off the impression that it is something less than honorable. Being physically gifted and talented enough to make a living playing a sport is just fine. Also, one can love a paycheck as well as love what they do. To say otherwise is presumptuous when you do not know what tennis means to her.
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #60
country flag SuperSara

SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice SuperSara is just really nice

She won't play beyond 25 and even that's a stretch seeing as how comprehensively exposed she's been in the past two years. Bizarre career really.
SuperSara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote