Queen Aggie: "I want to win a Slam and to be World No.1 this year!" - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #16
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Queen Aggie: "I want to win a Slam and to be World No.1 this year!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
Goal settings:

* Realistic:
Slava: " If I play well, the ranking will come."

* Ambitious, but possible:
Na: " Want to be top 3 or win a GrandSlam."

*Delusional:
Hantuchova: " Want to be top 10 this year."
Aga: " Want to win a Slam and be World No 1."
What do you want her goal to be, i am happy to where i am, then she should just retire, she has been no. 2 and has reached a slam final, the obvious next goal is to be no. 1 and win a slam.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #17
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

*subscribes*
Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #18
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

should people not set goals for themselves? If they didn't then no one would ever succeed.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #19
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint2 View Post
GS finalist and world #2 sets her goals to be #1 and GS winner. Perfectly fine for me
I like Aga, and it's perfectly fine that she sets a higher goal. But the tide is changed. She got to No2 mainly due to the help of the double Asian titles ( about the points of a Slam win), and Serena hasn't collected her full year points yet. Now she is No 4 and the two above factors are no longer in discussion, it would be an achievement for her to stay where she is, let alone moving up. Last Wimby she was fortunate with the draws, as Serena took Azarenka and Kvity out for her, Maria and Na were also taken out early. This year, there's less hope for a micracle again.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #20
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Cant a player say something without being critisised on here?

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #21
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1980 View Post
Cant a player say something without being critisised on here?
That would be no

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #22
country flag Siyasema

Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute Siyasema has a reputation beyond repute

She has gone so much further in slams and in rankings than I ever thought she would. This from the first time I saw her play. She plays within herself and her abilities. She's good. I hope she can do it, and I think she can.

Siyasema is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #23
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute

76 76 over Hampton is real booster for 2013
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #24
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
I like Aga, and it's perfectly fine that she sets a higher goal. But the tide is changed. She got to No2 mainly due to the help of the double Asian titles ( about the points of a Slam win), and Serena hasn't collected her full year points yet. Now she is No 4 and the two above factors are no longer in discussion, it would be an achievement for her to stay where she is, let alone moving up. Last Wimby she was fortunate with the draws, as Serena took Azarenka and Kvity out for her, Maria and Na were also taken out early. This year, there's less hope for a micracle again.
Like Maria was in the French Open?

The fact is Aga was ONE SET away from being both #1 and a slam winner last year. Why is everyone laughing at such a realistic ambition? I know, it's because people only respect the power game these days.
Third Mall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #25
country flag Rolling-Thunder

Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future

Great to have goals.

Is it possible? Yes
Is it probably? No
Rolling-Thunder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #26
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

Good for her. Will she do it? I don't know as she doesn't. I will certainly keep my fingers crossed. She has her work cut out for her. It includes tomorrow's match.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #27
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuriePL View Post
Well Maria is no problem, she is so stupid and trash-techniqued that fully rested Radwanska will overtrick her like in Miami.
Problem is Lordrena and her puppyrenka.

8-2

In reality she was only once in SF and Final and she really was extremely lucky , because Makiri should have won that match vs Aga.... It's not like she is always very close to winning GS title, like Murray was for instance

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #28
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
Like Maria was in the French Open?

The fact is Aga was ONE SET away from being both #1 and a slam winner last year. Why is everyone laughing at such a realistic ambition? I know, it's because people only respect the power game these days.

It's not about " respect the power game", but the aggressive players can control their own fates, rather than let their opponents dictate theirs. There's a reason every single Slam champion in the last decade are aggressive players ( including Schiavone at the French in her lone Slam victory).

One set win over Serena in the final set is very far far away ( she got demolished in her 2 lose sets anyway). If she blew away a bunch of mps, then she was closed. Even if she was close, this year will be different as stated in my previous post. People kept saying Jankovic, Safina, Woz, Zvonareva were going to win Slams after their participation in finals, but it wasn't mean to be. All those aforementioned ( except Woz) were more impressive than Aga at their peaks.

I wasn't " laughing at her goal", but it's far from realistic if you care to look into the details. Aga should say that to the press when asked, but to be discussed in a forum then you have to be realistic than saying "kind" things that no one believes in.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #29
country flag antonella

antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute

Like also want to win a Slam and to be World No.1

Last edited by antonella : Jan 8th, 2013 at 12:55 AM.
antonella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #30
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

Spare me !!!

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles : Dubai '14, Charleston '14, Bastad '14

FITD Titles : Istanbul '14
Madoka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote