Li's New Year's resolution: "I want to be top 3 or win a Grand Slam" - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #16
country flag Libertango

Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute Libertango has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Li's New Year's resolution: "I want to be top 3 or win a Grand Slam"

You can do it Na!

Libertango is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #17
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

She is more than capable.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #18
country flag Jeffery

Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold Jeffery is a splendid one to behold

... so ambitious with her ranking
Jeffery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #19
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

She can do it, i mean she can trouble the top players thats for sure, and she has a slam in her belt. So why not?

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #20
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Both are possible.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #21
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

Why she used OR word? She is capable to do both things. I find her as a strong contender at AO, the strongest after Serena.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #22
country flag DeliriousPotato

DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future DeliriousPotato has a brilliant future

At least she's not aiming for number one, like some other people
I think it's great, it's both ambitious and modest, she blatantly says she can't be the best.

Aleksandra Wozniak --- Sabine Lisicki --- Peng Shuai ---

FITD Titles: -Ponte Vedra Beach 2009- -US OPEN 2010-
DeliriousPotato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #23
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it seems like a good sign from Li - I felt like last year she played the slams like someone who had already achieved what they wanted to and was no longer giving everything... she has the game to hang with everyone (especially at the AO and French) so if she has the drive and a little consistency she can definitely threaten another slam run. She's also one of a very few players who has the speed and power to play Serena without being made to look dreadful (Ok, the H2H is 1-6 to Serena, but unlike a slower big hitter type of girl, all those matches have been a contest) I think she has every right to have a goal like that, and it could be the spur she needs to make another good run at a slam.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #24
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

I think what is most impressive is that she decided to go with Carlos Rodriguez's plans for her (whether they bear fruit remains to be seen) and is willing to make what seem to be fairly major changes this late in her career. It shows she still has serious goals, and deservedly so. If she keeps her head about her, she is certainly capable of achieving both goals.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #25
country flag Chaosm21

Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of Chaosm21 has much to be proud of

So she has to be better than Williams, Azarenka or Sharapova

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomplayer89 View Post
She's been a top 10 player for 2 years now. We're way past the "beginning". She's never going to be inside the top 5. Getting to #5 was as close as she'll ever get.
Chaosm21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #26
country flag Bosco123

Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future Bosco123 has a brilliant future

Bosco123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #27
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Well, after missed the 2nd slam in Melbourne, she finally made it to Top 3.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #28
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco123 View Post
Nice bump

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #29
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
The women's tour was the same last year and she managed to blow 4 match points against Kim, get bageled by Shvedova, kicked out of Wimbledon twice, and lose to Robson in the USO.

I should stop talking, because I love Li, but her slam performances since winning one have sucked.
2012 was bad, but 2013, she had a QF, a semi and s final.
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #30
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. And it happened. A little vodun to have Sharapova re-injure her shoulder and voila!