Stephanie Foretz Gacon becomes 38th woman in the Open Era to reach 500 wins! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #1
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute
Stephanie Foretz Gacon becomes 38th woman in the Open Era to reach 500 wins!

By beating Zakarlyuk in Andrezieux-Boutheon she scored her 500th win on WTA/ITF level.
I know many will say 'Who?' & ITF vulture and whatever. I know most of her wins are not all that impressive.
But since only 9 other active women and only 37 women in total reached this number of wins, it is still something nice to do.
So congrats Stephanie.
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:30 PM   #2
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stephanie Foretz Gacon becomes 38th woman in the Open Era to reach 500 wins!

well done steph I first saw her when she played Capriarti at wimbledon
Shes a lovely player got to see her live when she beat Niculescu in wimbledon 2011 and she was so happy
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:34 PM   #3
country flag flippyflippy

flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold flippyflippy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Stephanie Foretz Gacon becomes 38th woman in the Open Era to reach 500 wins!

That's great. She is so gonna win Roland Garros.
flippyflippy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #4
country flag Makabournova

Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice

In my books it's only WTA matches that should count. Including her ITF wins doesn't count. How many main draw WTA matches has she won?
Makabournova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #5
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

GOAT
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #6
country flag ViceUltramontain
La nuit je mens

ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute

Stéphanie
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #7
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Steph is the only one on this list besides Martina I who wore glasses (prescription ones, not sunglasses ala Maureen Drake) oncourt?

Old Jan 24th, 2014, 10:16 PM   #8
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

Counting ITF and qualifying matches for this is a complete joke. Only WTA main draw matches should be counted.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #9
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenjo View Post
Counting ITF and qualifying matches for this is a complete joke. Only WTA main draw matches should be counted.
Damn right, because she didn't have to step on court to win those matches and even if she had to, players in WTA Q and ITFs are so much worse than her that those wins can basically be discarded... oh wait, not.

Excellent feat by a very hard-working player I've said it before and I'll said it again, had the surfaces not been slowed down drastically over the years, Foretz would have achieved a lot more.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 10:25 PM   #10
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Nice. Big fan of 'Streaky' Gacon.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #11
country flag H.O.V

H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold

So irrelevant that i wont even hate....
H.O.V is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #12
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! ITF or not, this is a great achievement! Some real dicks on here!

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 10:40 PM   #13
country flag jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute jrm has a reputation beyond repute

why wouldn't it count - she had to play them
Current crushes: Johannes STRATE Tom BATEMAN Éric BRUNEAU
Simply the best: Ole Einar BJØRNDALEN and JANNE AHONEN
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 10:42 PM   #14
country flag Makabournova

Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice Makabournova is just really nice

The n let's count every other player ps ITF / qualies wins to their career record. Foretz is the ultimate journey women with no weapons and probably barely broke even on tennis costs.
Makabournova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #15
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makabournova View Post
The n let's count every other player ps ITF / qualies wins to their career record. Foretz is the ultimate journey women with no weapons and probably barely broke even on tennis costs.
She's actually a brainless ballbasher so she does have weapons. And they count in their career record too.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote