According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating - Page 89 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #1321
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@chete View Post
You already got your answer, Maria wasn't asked so far (AFAIK). Now I would like to know, why Maria's opinion about russian law is so important to you in the first place.
She carried the Russian flag at the last Olympic games.
She lives in the USA, where this sort of thing is not tolerated.
Also, I believe she has friends who are gay or lesbian.

And as I clearly stated, other players, Russians or not, will be asked this question.
You seem to be acting as if Maria is being persecuted.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #1322
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Why was thread bumped? Did they break-up?
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #1323
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGhost View Post
Why was thread bumped? Did they break-up?
i think their contract is going to run into at least next year.
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 03:18 AM   #1324
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@chete View Post
Well, you can see democracy as the optimum, but that does not mean, US of A has different views on the same topic as Russia. In fact, they share the same view on a lot of things and topics. Obama spent over billions of american US-dollars to get into Capitol Hill and the White House....

Similar money is spent in russia.

The only difference is, that Moscow is the centre while in America, each state can have their own crazy law...

That is what the olympic spirit is (officially) about... And that is why I was asking @tennisbum79, why he was so interested in Sharapova's opinion in particular.

In 1936 there was no boycott. A black man was running and winning in front of Adolf Hitler...

Only politicians can make a judgement as in 1964 with South Africa, and not a single athlete. Russia is a power house. They have power, they have money, they have leverage, formula one, athletics grand prix meetings and world championships, FIFA, etc.

But an athlete cannot make a change. Of course, a single one can say, 'I don't go there', but others will participate.
You are mistaken. Athletes can speak out on issues they care about.
And many did about South Africa.
Speaking out does not necessarily mean a boycott. Although in some cases, there are no other alternatives.
I agree that a boycott decision in an event such as the Olympics is ultimately a government decision.
However, popular support can drive a government to a boycott decision.
This happened in the case of South Africa.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Aug 11th, 2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #1325
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsColinKaep View Post
i think their contract is going to run into at least next year.
I think she's cheating on him with Colin

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1326
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Regardless of that, this is just stupid. Just like the whole fuss about the royal baby. It's like people don't have their own personal lives to think about. Yes, I'm glad that Masha and Grigor are happy, I'm glad that Kate gave a birth to a child, I'm glad that Kanye and Kim are buying/wearing this or that, but enough is enough.
If you read through the thread it's mostly been discussing whether or not Maria is a lesbian and now Russia's LGBT stance.
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #1327
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
She carried the Russian flag at the last Olympic games.
She lives in the USA, where this sort of thing is not tolerated.
Also, I believe she has friends who are gay or lesbian.

And as I clearly stated, other players, Russians or not, will be asked this question.
You seem to be acting as if Maria is being persecuted.
You certainly play the role of a prosecutor.
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #1328
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
If you read through the thread it's mostly been discussing whether or not Maria is a lesbian and now Russia's LGBT stance.
I know that, it was Jimmie's fault mostly. It's just ridiculous that people over analyze their behavior, pics, if they were holding hands, if there was a Nike logo etc. How people even come to ideas like these is beyond me. I mean, why would I care? If this is for real, good for them. If it's fake, it sucks for them that they are forced to something that stupid. End of story.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1329
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I think she's cheating on him with Colin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #1330
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
Maria already has her response at the ready to this, PR approved and non offensive to both sides.

I'm sure she doesn't agree with it considering one of her best friends is gay and she recently attended his wedding, but the Ru$$ian market is also a big one when it comes to the Sharapova brand.
I agree, but also I don't think it's just a case of financial concerns. I also think, despite people characterising her as a de-facto American, I get the sense she genuinely does care what the Russian public thinks of her, and her popularity has really been surging there over the past couple of years after they were previously very lukewarm towards her (basically because they now have no choice but to support Maria, whereas a few years ago they had their pick of top Russian players to choose from to support ). But criticising the Russian government on a world stage would turn her name to mud there.

My guess is, at very most, she'll make some bland, generic statement that she believes in equal right for gays but without specifically condemning the Russian government and certainly not supporting any boycotts or whatever. Or, more likely, she'll just refuse to answer any questions and say she doesn't do politics.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #1331
country flag harryvoi

harryvoi is an unknown quantity at this point

Are maria and grigor together now at cincinatti where they both play?
harryvoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #1332
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on. They are not together. Everybody knows that Dimitrov is dating Tursunov. Maybe in a few days we'll find out that Sharapova is dating Mauresmo. You never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #1333
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
You certainly play the role of a prosecutor.
Really?
I guess I would have several more witnesses to examine

Some people on this TF are so soft!!! These are real life questions popular athletes are called upon to give their opinion on.
As of this writing, the IOC is not satisfied with the Russian government re-assurance that they will leave the Olympics athletes alone.

Old Aug 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1334
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

There's too much money involved these days in sport to waste time on boycotts because of gay laws in Russia. Get real, people, the Cold War is over and everyone's got too much $$$ to lose for the sake of it
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #1335
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Really?
I guess I would have several more witnesses to examine

Some people on this TF are so soft!!! These are real life questions popular athletes are called upon to give their opinion on.
As of this writing, the IOC is not satisfied with the Russian government re-assurance that they will leave the Olympics athletes alone.
What is soft in that I dont care if they want to voice their opinion or not? Its their choice. But some internet trolls DEMANDING it is rather nauseating.

Also IOC fine McDonalds and Coca Cola long time sponsoring their events. I guess diabetes is more acceptable then.