According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating - Page 87 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #1291
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: According to ESPN journalist, Sharapova and Dimitrov are dating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
Probably meant winter games Sochii 2014?
Yes, correction made.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1292
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
Probably meant winter games Sochii 2014?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Yes, correction made.
Yes. Makes sense

Perhaps they should.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #1293
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
Yes. Makes sense

Perhaps they should.
I don't think there is much push behind a boycott... at least not for now.

Maybe individual athletes could protest by boycotting the games, but I doubt the entire US Olympic organization would take such position.
A boycott decision is a political one, and Obama has already hinted that a boycott would be out of question.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Aug 10th, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1294
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Not yet because she hasn't given any PCs since Wimbledon but I think she'll be asked during the USO series especially since there were a lot of pictures on the web of her going to a gay wedding, so we'll see what she says, except of course if the news of a Connors outshine the problems in Russia and they don't ask her.
When the novelty of Connors wears off, this question be at the forefront.
Although my post seems to single out Maria, I think other players will be asked the same question.

I focused on Maria because she carried Russia's flag in the 2012 Summer Olympics, and my understanding is also she is friendly to gays & lesbian causes.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Aug 10th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1295
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
When the novelty of Connors wears, off this question be at the forefront.
Although my post seems to single out Maria, I think other players will be asked the same question.

I focused on Maria because she carried Russia's flag in the 2012 Summer Olympics, and my understanding is also she is friendly to gays & lesbian causes.
yeah she also has been an ambassador of the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi so she should and most probably will be asked about it.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #1296
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
When the novelty of Connors wears off, this question be at the forefront.

I was waiting for someone to start with the lesbian thing You're trying so hard
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #1297
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by effedcamel View Post
I was waiting for someone to start with the lesbian thing You're trying so hard
I think you are mistaken by making an inference other than what I meant.

Believe me, this question will be asked, and I will have no influence on sportswriters and others asking it.
Also, as I pointed out, it will be asked to others players, Russians or not.

If anyone is trying hard, it is you trying to make it something it isn't.

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #1298
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you are mistaken by making an inference other than what I meant.

Believe me, this question will be asked, and I will have no influence on sportswriters and others asking it.
Also, as I pointed out, it will be asked to others players, Russians or not.

If anyone is trying hard, it is you trying to make it something it isn't.
Maria already has her response at the ready to this, PR approved and non offensive to both sides.

I'm sure she doesn't agree with it considering one of her best friends is gay and she recently attended his wedding, but the Ru$$ian market is also a big one when it comes to the Sharapova brand.
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #1299
country flag M@chete

M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all

Quote:
Sorry in advance for going off topic a little.

But, has Maria made any comments on Russia's crackdown on gays and lesbians?
There has been lot of news about it in the US press.
A number of gay bars are boycotting Russian vodka, some people have urged the US to boycott the upcoming winter Olympics in Russia
Why is Sharapova's opinion important to you? Why not Svetlana Kuznetsova for instance or (Serena Williams)?

Were chinese athletes asked about politics in their country before the 2008 Olympics?

Overall, why should athletes make public statements about (politics and/or) gay marriage? Were american athletes asked about gay marriage in the US of A recently? About the "American Family Association" in the US of A, who fears gay marriage the same way as pedophilia and sodomy?

Had american atheletes/tennis players made any statements about civil rights and liberties in the US of A, domestic and international surveillance by the NSA?

FYI, people in russia are not allowed to support gay marriage publicly. Otherwise you will be send to prison (as a russian) or as a foreigner you will get problems for your next visa. Look at (the desperate) Madonna or Lady Gaga. They know, 30 minutes after their concert and their affected "pro gay marriage" speeches they are sitting in their privat jets and will be out of the country within a couple of hours.

Again, why is Sharapova's opinion important to you? Why not Svetlana Kuznetsova for instance?

PS: wasn't it "funny", when americans pour away french wine for tv cameras back in 2003 before the Iraq-war?
M@chete is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #1300
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@chete View Post
Why is Sharapova's opinion important to you? Why not Svetlana Kuznetsova for instance or (Serena Williams)?

Were chinese athletes asked about politics in their country before the 2008 Olympics?

Overall, why should athletes make public statements about (politics and/or) gay marriage? Were american athletes asked about gay marriage in the US of A recently? About the "American Family Association" in the US of A, who fears gay marriage the same way as pedophilia and sodomy?

Had american atheletes/tennis players made any statements about civil rights and liberties in the US of A, domestic and international surveillance by the NSA?

FYI, people in russia are not allowed to support gay marriage publicly. Otherwise you will be send to prison (as a russian) or as a foreigner you will get problems for your next visa. Look at (the desperate) Madonna or Lady Gaga. They know, 30 minutes after their concert and their affected "pro gay marriage" speeches they are sitting in their privat jets and will be out of the country within a couple of hours.

Again, why is Sharapova's opinion important to you? Why not Svetlana Kuznetsova for instance?

PS: wasn't it "funny", when americans pour away french wine for tv cameras back in 2003 before the Iraq-war?
Sorry, but simply comparing USA with Russia's politics is ridiculous. No country is perfect, but USA is a democracy and Russia is a fake one (sorry, but no real democracy vote on such controversial issue and get and unanimous vote).

Mixing sports with politics is not a good idea, unfortunately IOC makes the constant mistake of award with big events to countries that don't respect elemental human rights.
At least in the case of China, they were taking (slow and small) steps in the right direction.
In Russia's case is exactly the opposite. And this law is close enough to the anti Jew laws that were implemented close to the 1936 Olympics, and we all know what happened next.

In my opinion a boycott only damage the athletes, the right thing to do is change the host country. Of course, this is not going to happen, because Russia is a big market, and no matter what they say, money is far more important for powerful people than human rights.

Bein questioned about this is not fair for russian players, because there are no posibilities of come clean with the answer. Serena Williams can say her oppinion, but Sharapova must be very careful of what she says.
But she (and the rest of players) better be prepared, because all this fuss is not going to stop. Traditional media ignored the antigay laws at first, and it was more an internet thing, but right now in a lot of countries, traditional media is picking the news, and with the games in six months this only will get bigger
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #1301
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Ana weighed in on the relationship and gave her approval. She also added she thinks Dimitrov is the most attractive man on the ATP .
She did!
In an interview to Easter Bunnytrov, the most important Bulgarian journalist.
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #1302
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Ana Ivanovic on Grigor Dimitrov:

"For me, Dimitrov is the most attractive man on tour. He is an amazing talent and I expect him to break in the Top 10 soon. I was happy when I found out that Dimitrov and Sharapova are together. They both deserve each other and they are a good match."

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #1303
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

guess dimitrov is enjoying the new wide led tv.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #1304
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@chete View Post

You need to read subsequent posts of mine, it will answer your questions about Maria and others

Old Aug 10th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1305
country flag M@chete

M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all M@chete is a name known to all

Quote:
You need to read subsequent posts of mine, it will answer your questions about Maria and others
You already got your answer, Maria wasn't asked so far (AFAIK). Now I would like to know, why Maria's opinion about russian law is so important to you in the first place.
M@chete is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote