Thomas Hogsted now in the Wozz camp - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 1st, 2013, 11:37 AM   #1
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future
Thomas Hogsted now in the Wozz camp

I dunno if this is interesting or even news but..
Link: Caroline Wozniacki hires Thomas Hogstedt as her coach

Is there any news about a new coach for Masha?
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2013, 01:15 PM   #2
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thomas Hogsted now in the Wozz camp

Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #3
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

very sad of Hodgy if it is true
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 08:13 PM   #4
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Hoggy did all what he could with Masha. So it's not like he abandoned her and prefered Caro. I think Masha stopped improving with Thomas after RG 2012. It was like mission accomplished with Hogsted.
As for Caro, she was wasting her talent with her father being her coach and when he was making pressure on her temporary coaches. It won't be bad for tennis if such marketable player again returns to the top. With Hogsted it's more than possible

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM   #5
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

is it possible for caroline to have more powerful shots? give an offensive weapon like that to someone with her defensive skills and we have something like vika.
malarkist is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #6
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
is it possible for caroline to have more powerful shots? give an offensive weapon like that to someone with her defensive skills and we have something like vika.
It's not that easy.

Wickmayer | Vesnina | Robson | Giorgi | Pironkova

Sharapova, Petrova, Makarova and all the Russian girls
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #7
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
I don't think that Caroline will ever be a player with lots of power - she just doesn't have it in her. Late in 2011 she for a few tournaments tried to do what her critics always say she should do and she tried to hit opponents of the court. But the result was that she was just slapping flattened out forehands into the tramlines and into the net. Imo you can't really go too much against what comes naturally for a player. Trying to make a power hitter out of Caroline would be like trying to rebuild Maria's game around a strong defense. I do believe however that a player can improve on her weaknesses, one percent at a time. That's what Hogstedt did with Maria. Maria's movement will never be one of her strenghts, but it got a bit better with Hogsted. She learned to slide on clay. She added a bit more spin on those agressive groundstrokes to give her a bit more room for error. Add it all up and you have a player who was able to win the FO. I hope that Hogsted can also improve Caroline's weaknesses by just those few percents that can make all the difference between winning or losing certain matches.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #8
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't think that Caroline will ever be a player with lots of power - she just doesn't have it in her. Late in 2011 she for a few tournaments tried to do what her critics always say she should do and she tried to hit opponents of the court. But the result was that she was just slapping flattened out forehands into the tramlines and into the net. Imo you can't really go too much against what comes naturally for a player. Trying to make a power hitter out of Caroline would be like trying to rebuild Maria's game around a strong defense. I do believe however that a player can improve on her weaknesses, one percent at a time. That's what Hogstedt did with Maria. Maria's movement will never be one of her strenghts, but it got a bit better with Hogsted. She learned to slide on clay. She added a bit more spin on those agressive groundstrokes to give her a bit more room for error. Add it all up and you have a player who was able to win the FO. I hope that Hogsted can also improve Caroline's weaknesses by just those few percents that can make all the difference between winning or losing certain matches.

Caro is just too much scared of UE. She can play agressive but a few mistakes makes her start defending and only defending. We all know that the likes of Sharapova can hit from backhand down the line 3 times two meters wide just to make a backhand DTL winner on Setpoint.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote