Sveta playing Q?Serena defenses Sveta,and me - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #16
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post

That was years ago.

People don't know who she is here in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #17
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sveta playing Q?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Lin View Post
Sveta playing Q?
and that hard

Maria Sharapova
Pennetta Benčič Bouchard A.Radwańska Hingis Seleš Williams Golovin
Halep Ivanović Vekić Barthel Šafářová Keys Robson Konjuh
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #18
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post
That was years ago.

People don't know who she is here in Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Really
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #19
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute

I agree
豆豆
雪雪
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #20
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by الحاجّ مالك View Post
I thought Grand Slam champions are entitled to unlimited WCs (regardless of how well known they are in Australia)
They are allowed to receive unlimited wild-cards, but tournaments are not obliged to give anyone anything. Only the year-end top 20 players have wild-cards slots reserved to them.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #21
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Still has to play qualies even after her run at Sydney & the AO:

http://tennis.sport-express.ru/reviews/28048/

Quote:
.... and the next day the tournament kicks off in Doha, where I most likely will have to play qualification.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #22
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

More ranking points I don't see what's wrong with that

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #23
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

It's for the better, really. I feel like the extra match practice has allowed her to go that little bit further this month, and she probably won't have to play Q again from Miami onwards (not sure whether she's able to get into Indian Wells, but even if she can't she probably WILL get a WC for that).
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #24
country flag Lin Lin

Re: Sveta playing Q?Serena defenses Sveta,and me

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/spor...-says-williams

Serena Williams sprang to the defence of a fellow former US Open champion whose exclusion from the main draw of the Dubai Open had surprised some people here this week.

Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova reacts in Melbourne on January 23, 2013. Serena Williams sprang to the defence of a fellow former US Open champion whose exclusion from the main draw of the Dubai Open had surprised some people here this week.

The world number one called it "weird" that Svetlana Kuznetsova, a winner of two Grand Slam titles, a former Dubai finalist, and someone she considers "a great player", has not been given a wild card into the main draw US $2,000,000 tournament.

Kuznetsova suffered a knee injury which for two months put her on crutches, and was followed by many weeks of rehab, forcing her to miss every tournament after Wimbledon last year.

The six months' absence caused the Russian's ranking to plummet to 85, but she showed she is recovering by producing wins over two top 20 players last month which lifted her back into the top 50.

However the Dubai Open prefers a policy of encouraging youth, giving wild cards to Laura Robson and Yulia Putintseva, two promising teenagers, and to Marion Bartoli, the world number 11 who offered her entry too late for the deadline, but whose presence is considered an asset to the tournament.

"You know I definitely think it's tough," said Williams, suggesting that she would not have played in the tournament if she had been placed in Kuznetsova's situation.

"She's been such a great player, and she got injured. She's won a couple of Grand Slams, so how can such a great player not get a wild card? It's kind of weird."

Instead Kuznetsova won through three rounds of the qualifying competition before being landed with a first round against Roberta Vinci, the world number 17, on an outside court. There she failed to do herself justice in a 6-3, 6-2 defeat.

"I read what Serena said, that she wouldn't play the tournament," said Kuznetsova. "I wouldn't play it, either, you know, because I think I deserve to have a wild card, but in my situation, I just have to go through this patch.

"Not many players would say just, you know, I'm not gonna play. That's also a good way to look at it. Then I see another way, that I have to still be humble.

"I still have to prove that I can do it and that I can go through qualifiers. It's very weird, believe me, to play qualifiers. You're like you cannot turn yourself on, like where I am? Am I playing qualifiers for real?

"It is so weird, but still I made it through (to the main draw) and I hope I don't have to do it again," added Kuznetsova.

"I do feel that I deserve a wild card, but, you know, sometimes there are hard situations. But I appreciate the support of Serena."

Williams' support for the 27-year-old went further.

"She'll be back and then she'll be fine," the 15 times Grand Slam winner reckoned. "She doesn't have a lot to worry about."

Meanwhile Petra Kvitova, the former Wimbledon champion from the Czech Republic, again showed evidence of an encouraging surge in form and fitness.

She followed her tight match with Williams in Doha last week with a 6-3, 6-2 win over Daniela Hantuchova, the former world number five from Slovakia, 6-1, 6-2, and is one win from a possible quarter-final meeting with the defending champion, Agnieszka Radwanska.

Later Carolie Wozniacki, the former world number one from Denmark who won the title here two years ago, overcame Lucie Safarova, the world number 18 from the Czech republic, by 6-2, 6-2, and moved within one win of a possible quarter-final with Williams.

The world number one begins her campaign to win the title for the first time against Bartoli on Wednesday.
豆豆
雪雪
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #25
country flag nathanj594

nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Lin View Post
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/spor...-says-williams

Serena Williams sprang to the defence of a fellow former US Open champion whose exclusion from the main draw of the Dubai Open had surprised some people here this week.

"I do feel that I deserve a wild card, but, you know, sometimes there are hard situations. But I appreciate the support of Serena."

Williams' support for the 27-year-old went further.

"She'll be back and then she'll be fine," the 15 times Grand Slam winner reckoned. "She doesn't have a lot to worry about."
You tell 'em, Queen.

Ree & Vee - Sveta Kuz - Kleybanova
nathanj594 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #26
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute

You know when some kids ask some stupid questions, or say things people don't really understand, they think the kids are so cute.

But when you're all grown-up then people will just want to slap you.

And what you try to say in the title, who's "me"? You? Serena defenses you?
pancake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:08 AM   #27
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

I love Kuzzy! She sill fought and made it through the qualies. Even though she lost first round she knows she is on the right track. She'll be back on top this year for sure!
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #28
country flag JRena

JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of JRena has much to be proud of

I like the matches they have with each other. I love their friendship even more.
JRena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #29
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Yep, Sveta proved she can still make through qualies, but she's got too tired and can't get pass Vinci in R1. So next time, just skip it if those idiots refuse to give you wildcard, you don't need to prove anything Sveta.

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #30
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"She's been such a great player, and she got injured. She's won a couple of Grand Slams, so how can such a great player not get a wild card? It's kind of weird."
Yes, it's kind of weired, but giving more and more tournaments to the nations who are not aware what is tennis and why are GS winners so important in the draw will always have such sad consequences

Let's not forget also about that shameful incident with Shahar Peer

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Feb 20th, 2013 at 06:31 AM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote