SHOCKING: Cyclist Saga Soon Coming To an End - Lance Amstrong To Admit To DOPING - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #76
country flag Jose.
CL*2NE1

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SHOCKING: Cyclist Saga Soon Coming To an End - Lance Amstrong To Admit To DOPING

He has always looked arrogant from the beginning, I honestly find it somewhat recomforting to see him fall like this, he is lying on the bed he made.

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #77
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SHOCKING: Cyclist Saga Soon Coming To an End - Lance Amstrong To Admit To DOPING

^"Lying" being the operative word
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #78
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute

great article

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/...ical-spectacle

Forget about trying to judge his contrition level. Here's the thing: It doesn't matter. Oprah's interview, with all due respect to her and her efforts to do a credible job, is window dressing. Armstrong can make a valuable contribution to the body of knowledge about doping whether he's sincerely sorry or not. But very little of what he said Thursday night leads me to believe he's ready to do that.

He could start by detailing the methods he used to beat those hundreds of tests he held up like a hall pass all these years. He is a walking, talking Rosetta Stone who could almost single-handedly light the match that finally leads to much-needed reform of the international federation that runs cycling and dismantles the questionable cabal that oversees it in this country.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #79
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
He had a way to project rectitude, believable outrage, turning challengers to bad guys, out to smear a chariatble, cancer-survivor, generous with children causes cause man.
I fell for the same reason in late 90s. I was amazed at his recovery/return; impressed as if he was really super-human for those 7 titles in a row

Many years ago, I read this bookmarked article:

Lance Armstrong's Self-Inflicted Cancer?
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213881,00.html

Trust me I didn't believe a word. Not even Novitsky's case (BALCO fame). Post mid 2012, USADA opened its magic vault and gone public. After a few months, this Australian documentary rolled out - The World According to Lance

I was stunned because that video proves what was written in that Fox article

So I felt no need to watch his holy confession to Oprah. I hope he too gets thrown into a prison without contemplating on 'Mega Cancer Fund Raiser' sentiment. Anyone remembers Marion Jones? She ended up in prison for perjury (6 months?) even after coming clean out of BALCO saga.

If anyone wishes to read more:

Last year I mentioned about Tennis and Carl Lewis on Lance Armstrong banned for life of cycling and Tour de France wins GONE thread:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=461675

Carl Lewis: Who cares I failed drug test?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003...s.duncanmackay

Now look at his Hypocrisy

Make doping a crime, says Lewis:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olym...cs/7381115.stm

There are many hidden skeletons in many many closets...
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #80
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ys View Post
It puzzles me what grants this a top page place in every news source.. Just wondering who is the folk who is so interested here.. The cheater and this Oprah character.. Watching this, while there is Australian Open live on another channel? Choice is a no brainer to me, but apparently others are more than just curious.
Schadenfreude. A lot of people love to see famous people have trouble in their lives.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #81
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
Schadenfreude. A lot of people love to see famous people have trouble in their lives.
guilty. i enjoy shakespearean downfalls
but this is still not as satisfying as tiger woods turning out to be a serial cheater.
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #82
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
guilty. i enjoy shakespearean downfalls
but this is still not as satisfying as tiger woods turning out to be a serial cheater.
Some would say that Tiger was strong with the pimp hand. Get that poontang Tiger.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #83
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

Tiger being a serial cheater was twice as hilarious because his lineup of affairs looked hand picked from a local trailer park. Well, that's how I remember it anyway. Maybe they didn't, but please don't ruin this one for me.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #84
country flag gentenaire

gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute gentenaire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
Tiger being a serial cheater was twice as hilarious because his lineup of affairs looked hand picked from a local trailer park.
They did.

And yes, that was pretty hilarious. Along with the whole wife going after Tiger with a golf stick bit.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #85
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute

You girls are really such fans of soap opera. Would have never thought ..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #86
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

i just remember when americans were making fun of french people because they accused Armstrong of doping

Kvitova Vaidisova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #87
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of his supporters are still there, saying he was the best on a level-playing field of cheaters, and he still raised awareness for cancer research.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #88
country flag Edy.

Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future Edy. has a brilliant future

Guys, does anyone know where I can watch the entire interview? I can't find it anywhere
Edy. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #89
country flag khyber

khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice khyber is just really nice

Try this:
http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lanc...trong-one.html
khyber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #90
country flag cynicole

cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future cynicole has a brilliant future

I'm so sick of the "all the things he did for cancer" defense. He started the Lance Armstrong Foundation / Livestrong for two uncharitable purposes: 1) to cut himself a paycheck and 2) as a PR shield.

The second part was obvious if you've listened to his denials for the past 12 years. There's always a part in there about his critics undermining his cancer charity work.

I found out the first part during all the information that's been unearthed this past year. Guys, Livestrong was paying Lance Armstrong appearance fees to show up at events!!!

And the money went to "cancer awareness", and not "cancer research."

...except the money that went to the Livestrong lobbyist who went to the Capitol and had talks with politicians to try to get them to stop various investigations/litigations going on against Armstrong personally. That didn't have anything to do with cancer awareness or cancer research... unless you think of LA as being a cancer himself.

Last edited by cynicole : Jan 20th, 2013 at 03:15 AM.
cynicole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote