#1 Scenarios for Australian Open - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute
#1 Scenarios for Australian Open

With OZ points off:

Serena: 9470.
Sharapova: 8645.
Azarenka: 8325.

Radwanska does not have a possibility of ascending to #1.

Azarenka:
- Must defend AND have Serena not make semifinals.
- OR Make final and have Serena lose in the third round or earlier along with Sharapova losing in semifinals or earlier.
- A semifinal loss will end her reign at #1.

Sharapova:
- Winning the championship with Serena losing in semifinals or earlier.
- Making final with Serena losing in quarterfinals or earlier and Azarenka losing in semifinals or earlier.
- Make semifinals and have Serena lose first round with Azarenka losing in semifinals or earlier.

Serena:
- Winning the championship, regardless of opponent.
- Making the final, regardless of opponent.
- Making semifinals and Sharapova does not win the championship.
- Making the quarterfinals with Sharapova losing in semifinals or earlier and Azarenka losing in final at best.

Bottom line? Very tough road for Azarenka to return to #1. Really between Maria and Serena.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #2
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: #1 Scenarios for Australian Open

Serena is so going to be #1
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #3
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty tough for Maria too tbh.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #4
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

In the hypothetical scenario of Vika beating Serena in the final, does she become the real number 1?
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #5
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
In the hypothetical scenario of Vika beating Serena in the final, does she become the real number 1?
No
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #6
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how, after saying it's irrelevant most of the time, Willytards suddenly start caring about the #1 ranking when Serena nearly has it

Even IF Serena doesn't win the AO then she's pretty much guaranteed it for a period in the spring at the very least, seeing as she has little to defend until the claycourt season.

Last edited by dsanders06 : Jan 5th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #7
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Funny how, after saying it's irrelevant most of the time, Willytards suddenly start caring about the #1 ranking when Serena nearly has it
She makes it legitimate because she's actually an elite player unlike every other mug who's held it since 2008.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #8
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

I hope it doesn't make preasure on Serena considering how she can be no1 again...Gosh just win this!
“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #9
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Sarin can have a long stay at the #1.
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #10
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute

shes bound to grab it, come IW, but if she loses to azarenka, itll make this an exciting year with a three headed race.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #11
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

If she wins(which I'm hoping this doesn't jinx! ) she'll be at over 11,000 points with virtually NOTHING from the French Open that's pretty shocking, and it means a win here, carrying her form through Miami and the clay season, and a solid result at the french means she might be able to set a new all-time points record right? IIRC only 2 women from the 2000s have had over 11,000 points using the current ranking system, Serena at some point in 2003, and Justine at the end of 2007.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #12
country flag LindsayRulz

LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
She makes it legitimate because she's actually an elite player unlike every other mug who's held it since 2008.
10 points for Gryffindor!
LindsayRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #13
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Serena should take it, I was hoping that Maria could be N1 especially after the beginning that Vika had last year but with Serena's end of season it's not possible. Maybe after Wimbledon or sth.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #14
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
But the question is: do we really care? The ranking WILL come, so that's no worry.
Most if not EVERY Serena-fan will tell you: it's all about the majors. At this stage of her career, it's about climbing the ladder.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #15
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Am I the only one who sees the hilarity in this statement?

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote