2013 NHL Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #61
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 NHL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCPsU View Post
The Rangers offense was a problem last season as well. We just grind them out and our defense/Lundqvist keep us in almost every game.

Nash really needs to step up. He is getting double teamed but so are the other greats in the league. I think his lack of playoff experience is impeding him a bit, but he has gotten progressively more involved as the series has gone on.

Richards really is done I think. He struggled mightily all season (had a hat trick in one of the final games to pad his numbers a bit) and its carried over to the playoffs. Hes just a step slow and has found himself placed on our fourth line.

I think the winner of the Caps/Rangers series stands a great chance of coming out of the East. Both teams have great goaltenders and play very defensive minded games. Pitt will obviously be tough for anyone but Ill always take defense over offense in the playoffs in almost any sport. But honestly in hockey, you really never know.
yup, i quite agree. i think the rangers are too weak offensively in general and down the centre specifically to win the cup right now. for all that stepan and brassard are good, in the last few years it has been teams with an elite central spine that tends to win the cup. like you say, nash looks lost now its the playoffs, but i'm sure he'll learn. of your top 6 (maybe of all your forwards), callahan is the only one i'd take for detroit right now, as compared to the red wing in his position. on the flip side, i might take all 6 of nyr's d compared to detroit's, especially if staal gets fit.
i thought the rangers would win this series before it began, and if the leafs knock off the bruins, i reckon they'll go to the conference final at least.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #62
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Rangers!
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #63
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute

I have zero affinity for the Leafs, but the way they lost is just horrific. One of the all time chokes. How do you lose from 4-1 up in the third with 10 mins left?! Imagine being a Leafs can right now? The agony.
Cilla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #64
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilla View Post
I have zero affinity for the Leafs, but the way they lost is just horrific. One of the all time chokes. How do you lose from 4-1 up in the third with 10 mins left?! Imagine being a Leafs can right now? The agony.
They're a long-suffering fan base
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #65
country flag NyCPsU

NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute NyCPsU has a reputation beyond repute

Holy hell, Id be on suicide watch if I was a Leafs fan.

Rangers show up for Game 7 with a dominant performance in Washington!

Going to breathe a bit before Thursday and it all starts again against Boston. Probably going to Game 4 again. Cant wait.

Lets go Sens tonight!

*Stephens*Hampton*Riske*Dulgheru*

*Anyone playing Wickmayer*
NyCPsU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #66
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse my ignorance but can someone please explain to me how the Detroit Red Wings can play the Chicago Blackhawks in the conference SF?

As far as I knew, brackets were set up in this format:

1 vs.8
4 vs. 5

3 vs. 6
2 vs. 7

Therefore since the Wings and Chicago are 7 and 1 seeds respectively, they shouldn't be able to meet until the final right? Am I missing something?
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #2 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles: Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #25 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #67
country flag SloKid
The long and winding road.

SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute SloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Teams get reseeded each round based on their regular season standings.

For example had the Ducks beat the Wings, then they would've faced the Kings, but since the Wings won, they face Chicago.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #68
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute Cilla has a reputation beyond repute

Game 1
Pens def Sens 4-1 (PIT leads 1-0)
Kings def Sharks 2-0 (LA leads 1-0)
Blackhawks def Red Wings 4-1 (CHI leads 1-0)
Bruins def Rangers 3-2 OT (BOS leads 1-0)

Game 2
Kings def Sharks 4-3 (LA leads 2-0)
Pens def Sens 4-3 (PIT leads 2-0)
Red Wings def Blackhawks 4-1 (Series tied 1-1)
Bruins def Rangers 5-2 (BOS leads 2-0)

Last edited by Cilla : May 20th, 2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old May 16th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #69
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future

IIHF World Championships QF

Russia - USA 3-8 (!!!)
Switzerland - Czech 2-1

Finland-Slovakia 4-3
Sweden-Canada 3-2 after penalty shootout

Semifinals
USA vs. Switzerland 0-3
Finland vs. Sweden 0-3

Bronze medal game
USA-Finland 3-2 after penalty shootout

Final
Sweden-Switzerland 5-1

First medal for Switzerland since 1953 (four participants, Czechoslovakia got disqualified). Soviet Union entered games in 1954...Sweden first host to win since 1986, when Soviet Union won

Last edited by NoppaNoppa : May 24th, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
NoppaNoppa is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #70
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoppaNoppa View Post
IIHF World Championships QF

Russia - USA 3-8 (!!!)
Switzerland - Czech 2-1

Finland-Slovakia 4-3
Sweden-Canada 3-2 after penalty shootout

Semifinals
USA vs. Switzerland
Finland vs. Sweden
Bad knee on knee by Alex Edler to Eric Staal Edler just put a massive target on his back for next season with the Canucks. The game vs the Canes will be a mess. They will all be looking to avenge Staal.

Old May 20th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #71
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Game 3
Sens def Pens 2-1 2OT (PIT leads 2-1)
Red Wings def Blackhawks 3-1 (DET leads 2-1)
Bruins def NYR 2-1 (BOS leads 3-0)
Sharks def Kings 2-1 (Series tied 2-2)

Last edited by Cilla : May 22nd, 2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:12 AM   #72
country flag Cilla
Rafa the Diva, no?

Game 4
Pens def Sens 7-3 (PIT leads 3-1)
Red Wings def Blackhawks 2-0 (DET leads 3-1)
Kings def Sharks 3-0 (LA leads 3-2)
NYR def Bruins 4-3 OT (BOS leads 3-1)

Last edited by Cilla : May 24th, 2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #73
country flag Lucyxx

Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute Lucyxx has a reputation beyond repute

Pens/Bruins will advance.

Blackhawks still have a chance against Wings.

Someone on Chicago has to run Howard.

Howard has been the Wings MVP.

The defending champs are the toughest to beat aside from a talented/hard working team. I see the Kings series easily going seven.
aif.ru/news khl.ru ria.ru wtatour.ru rsport.ru soccer.ru gotennis.ru e-tennis.tv tenistv.tv publico.pt foinse.ie tagesschau.de spiegel.de elperiodico.com/es elmundo.es akualne.centrum.cz/zpravy foglio.it iltempo.it humanite.fr leparisien.fr korrespondent.net novostimira.com.ua gazeta.pl tvn24.pl ynet.co.il calcalist.co.il lajmpress.com lajmonline.com yasater.d1g.com bbc.co.uk/arabic a1plus.am/am aravot.am nn.by xezerxeber.com dr.dk/nyheder mediafax.ro n-telegraaf.nl delfi.ee yle.fi/uutiset javanonline.ir ujsag.lap.hu erdiujsag.com mbl.is/frettir
nepszava.hu beo.ie vaterland.li gazzetta.gr ekspress.ee ed.nl
Lucyxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #74
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago shut out for the first time all year.
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #75
country flag NoppaNoppa

NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future NoppaNoppa has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
Chicago shut out for the first time all year.
Nice. Howard sucks... oh wait...

Couple gifs from hfboards wizards

NoppaNoppa is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote