Australian heat wave. - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #106
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian heat wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooyong View Post
And the energy sector is so well run that it needs to increase power-bills way above inflation every year.

The problem with renewable energy is more to do with the way the schemes have been set up and just as we see with all forms of technology things become cheaper over time as new technologies are developed.

C) Maggie Thatcher disagreed as far back as the Rio summit in the early 1990s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
And it's called the THEORY of gravitation as well. You need to look up what that word means in a scientific sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquímaux View Post
Perhaps people are forgetting that meteorology is a highly variable science (so far). As with forecasting in general, meteorologists take into account a myriad of variables that equal an everchanging solution. The solution is changing for the negative so the variables must be affecting that change. We all have an idea which variable(s) are the culprit(s). So to demand 100% proof that variable x is causing the solution to change and assign a value to variable x is not yet feasible. It's like demanding a seismologist to predict exactly what time and place the next earthquake will occur down to the exact second/kilometer. They have a good guess at the location at least (fault zones).
Well argued by all of you three. You totally owned the climate sceptics. I've nothing more to add.

I've never liked Margaret Thatcher but I'm surprised to learn that:

Quote:
Unlike most politicians, she had some professional acquaintance with the area, graduating in chemistry from Oxford University and working for a period as a research scientist.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opin...-1111119033099

This thing isn't even worth debating anymore. Either people are so blinded by their agenda or they just have no clue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #107
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/10/38...h-temperatures

That's just insane.
Does any Australian know any future similar maps?
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #108
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Not affecting Melbourne thank god

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #109
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/10/38...h-temperatures

That's just insane.
Does any Australian know any future similar maps?
Actually I read later that those scales were false and that the temperatures didn't actually reach 50+ in those parts. But then large areas in central Australia are not monitored so it could still be true.

I'm not alarmed by such one off phenomenon. More alarming is how the global average temperature is up 1 degree. Yes, a small amount but these are the amounts that make a difference.

This heatwave would've happened anyway but we are operating in a world that is a whole degree warmer, which exacerbates it.