Australian heat wave. - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #76
country flag caros defender

caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all
Re: Australian heat wave.

These tough conditions will help the ultra fit Caro. While other players wilt under the heat, Caros' superior fitness will carry her through!
caros defender is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #77
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Weather forecast for Hobart: "Fine, smoke at times".
tennisfreak13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #78
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

Looking at the long term forecast on the weather channel it appears the first week of the Aussie may be wet but then that might just be the graphs they have used and it is not always accurate to look that far ahead.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #79
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80.../#.UOx1g78pFL9

I do not wish to incite conflict, but personally I'd trust the Bureau of Meteorology over the Weather Channel (lest that is where TWC is getting their info from ) Also, I do not desire stroking the flames between climate change believers vs. deniers. My fear is that changes are happening on a global scale, but people are collectively dismissing what is going on. The super thawing of the Greenland icesheet... bleaching of our coral reefs... Ocean acidification.. Isn't the Great Barrier reef a source of stable tourism income for Australia?
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #80
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquímaux View Post
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80.../#.UOx1g78pFL9

I do not wish to incite conflict, but personally I'd trust the Bureau of Meteorology over the Weather Channel (lest that is where TWC is getting their info from ) Also, I do not desire stroking the flames between climate change believers vs. deniers. My fear is that changes are happening on a global scale, but people are collectively dismissing what is going on. The super thawing of the Greenland icesheet... bleaching of our coral reefs... Ocean acidification.. Isn't the Great Barrier reef a source of stable tourism income for Australia?
I would image that the Weather Channel would use the BOM as a source for weather forecasting.

I don't think there are that many that really think the climate isn't changing, as I mentioned the winter months have been a more mild than they were in previously decades.

NASA have interesting graphs that show how the world has progressively warmed in recent decades.

FYI in Melbourne today the temp is less than 20c nearly ideal for Tennis. The long term forecast are now showing a warm first week with potentially a very hot middle weekend.

And yes the Great Barrier Reef is very important for the Queensland economy.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis

Last edited by Kooyong : Jan 9th, 2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #81
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooyong View Post
I would image that the Weather Channel would use the BOM as a source for weather forecasting.
No they don't. The Weather Channel Australia does - but TWC in the US get their weather information for Australia from some other unreliable source, like the majority of weather apps on phones.

I've found 3 Android weather apps (none free, all paid) that get their forecasts from BOM. The rest use various unreliable services like AccuWeather.

Look at the forecasts - the 2 differ, sometimes significantly.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #82
country flag Kooyong

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
No they don't. The Weather Channel Australia does - but TWC in the US get their weather information for Australia from some other unreliable source, like the majority of weather apps on phones.

I've found 3 Android weather apps (none free, all paid) that get their forecasts from BOM. The rest use various unreliable services like AccuWeather.

Look at the forecasts - the 2 differ, sometimes significantly.
I was referring to the Australian Weather Channel

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #83
country flag Maria4Ever

Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all Maria4Ever is a name known to all

Stop whinging, honestly I am over players whinging. Yes it is hot, yes it is uncomfortable...but it is not every day, and the BEST players are protected under the roof. How about players get off their rear end and TRAIN for extreme heat...guess what the players that do are the ones that do well in these conditions...funny that. I love womens tennis but sometimes they just need to get on with it.
Ana Ivanovic

Still miss My best player Elena Dementieva
Maria4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #84
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria4Ever View Post
Stop whinging, honestly I am over players whinging. Yes it is hot, yes it is uncomfortable...but it is not every day, and the BEST players are protected under the roof. How about players get off their rear end and TRAIN for extreme heat...guess what the players that do are the ones that do well in these conditions...funny that. I love womens tennis but sometimes they just need to get on with it.
But it's not the Russians and other Europeans fault that they live in cold conditions. Shouldn't they be able to spend their off-season with their families like everyone else?
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #85
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria4Ever View Post
No. What should really be doing is as a global society taking steps to ensure that we don't add more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere to prevent the global average temperatures from going up and up so that we can as a global society continue to play sports outdoors, watch sports outdoors and enjoy the great outdoors.

Try telling plant and animal species that survive within certain temperature ranges to suck it up, they won't, we will run out of food sources and we will starve - slowly but surely.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #86
country flag renstar

renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
No. What should really be doing is as a global society taking steps to ensure that we don't add more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere to prevent the global average temperatures from going up and up so that we can as a global society continue to play sports outdoors, watch sports outdoors and enjoy the great outdoors.

Try telling plant and animal species that survive within certain temperature ranges to suck it up, they won't, we will run out of food sources and we will starve - slowly but surely.
that carbon dioxide global warming theory is a scam and a sham. Nature naturally puts 97% of the total carbon dioxide output into the atmosphere each year. Do you really think our piddly 3% makes any difference at all. As usual its all about money, bankers making money out of carbon trading and governments making money out of carbon taxes. In the end the ordinary citizen is left with guilt and less money from a phony theory.
renstar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #87
country flag Mateo Mathieu
Aliasholic

Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute Mateo Mathieu has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by renstar View Post
that carbon dioxide global warming theory is a scam and a sham. Nature naturally puts 97% of the total carbon dioxide output into the atmosphere each year. Do you really think our piddly 3% makes any difference at all. As usual its all about money, bankers making money out of carbon trading and governments making money out of carbon taxes. In the end the ordinary citizen is left with guilt and less money from a phony theory.
This!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎ ♦︎

Mateo Mathieu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #88
country flag Kooyong

Quote:
Originally Posted by renstar View Post
Yes the Bankers will make money out of a Carbon Trading Scheme and so will everyday Australians though their super which I Image will include Bank Shares.

Australia has no shortage of renewable energy, only this week there has been a flood of sunlight.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #89
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Hotter temperatures = faster courts = better for the game.

you seem to out-dumb yourself with every new post.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #90
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
you seem to out-dumb yourself with every new post.
Hopefully I can out-dumb you one day.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote