Australian heat wave. - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #61
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of
Re: Australian heat wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Welcome to a climate changed Australia. This is the future.
More like welcome to an Australian summer the Aussie isn't the only slam played in the heat, the U.S Open is often played with temps in the high 30Cs - 90/100f

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #62
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooyong View Post
I may be wrong but I recall the venue is out towards Parramatta which is a western suburb.

The old White City club was in the inner southern suburbs, Sydney tends to be more humid than Melbourne
If that's the case parramatta is looking at 41 on tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #63
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Welcome to a climate changed Australia. This is the future.
Last summer wasn't even summer in Sydney

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #64
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of an article I read in the Rolling Stone last year discussing Australia's susceptibility to climate change:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...ralia-20111003

Your thoughts?
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #65
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquímaux View Post
Reminds me of an article I read in the Rolling Stone last year discussing Australia's susceptibility to climate change:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...ralia-20111003

Your thoughts?
Climate change is not the issue here for Australia naturally has very hot summers.

Where climate change is having an impact is in winter where the winters have generally become drier and the night time temps have been higher than previously.

But even so that is an interesting article.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #66
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

It Was So Hot At Homebush!!!!

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #67
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
More like welcome to an Australian summer the Aussie isn't the only slam played in the heat, the U.S Open is often played with temps in the high 30Cs - 90/100f
Sure but we are talking about a massive heatwave across the entire continent. 40 degrees in Tasmania? You think that's normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post
Last summer wasn't even summer in Sydney

That's because of La Niña. The overall trend is hotter and drier.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #68
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

In 30 years AO will be ice skating rinks with ice surface tennis courts and movement on ice skates will be essential.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #69
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
It Was So Hot At Homebush!!!!
Not so bad in the shade though. I don't think I'll brave it down in the courtside seats tomorrow.
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #70
country flag lympyisthebest

lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute lympyisthebest has a reputation beyond repute

First real summer we've had in 3 years. I'm luvin' it
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #71
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Climate change is not the issue here for Australia naturally has very hot summers.

Where climate change is having an impact is in winter where the winters have generally become drier and the night time temps have been higher than previously.

But even so that is an interesting article.
What? The fact that we already had hot summers make it an even bigger issue. What we know about climate change is that there is no formula. We just don't know how things are going to change and when.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #72
country flag Mikey.
Set me free, leave me be.

Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute Mikey. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lympyisthebest View Post
First real summer we've had in 3 years. I'm luvin' it
ikr
Mikey. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #73
country flag Kooyong

Quote:
Sure but we are talking about a massive heatwave across the entire continent. 40 degrees in Tasmania? You think that's normal?

That's because of La Niña. The overall trend is hotter and drier.
Yes it is unusual for Tasmania to experience a 40oC day or over 100f but for mainland Australia 40oC is normal for summer, central Australia is well known for its long hot summers as stated in the famous poem a Sun-burnt Country.

Part of the reason why the Australian Open is held in January and not February is due to Feb historically being the hottest month.

Quote:
What? The fact that we already had hot summers make it an even bigger issue. What we know about climate change is that there is no formula. We just don't know how things are going to change and when.
The models are pretty clear and as been evident for many years the winters are more mild with higher night-time temps.

The broader picture is for the tropical weather of Queensland to slowly drift south which in turn is predicted to make the Victorian climate drier as it becomes more like that of New South Wales.

Interestingly over time like over 100 year Australia could potentially become wetter as the north has longer monsoon seasons.

The current heatwave has been caused in part by a later than usual start to the wet season across the country north.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #74
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

It's hot this year because El Nino is returning
Well it hasnt returned yet but is in a "normal" state after 2 La Nina years and when it becomes El Nino again Sydney and the other places will experience extremely hot temperatures
The reason for Australia's Drought/Flood Periods is because of this
Meanwhile in Peru, last year there was a huge drought due to lower water temperatures meaning less precipitation but in a few years there will be floods
It's just the opposite of Australia

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #75
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
The forecast for Sydney has been updated to 43 for both city and suburbs for tomorrow