A Blast from the Past - 2000 Masters final - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #1
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute
A Blast from the Past - 2000 Masters final

I watched this match the other day and decided to put it on youtube, what a great match!

What is interesting is two things:
1. Hingis' intelligence and skill on a tennis court when Seles was really having a go at her
2. The different dimension indoor supreme bought to tennis in terms of speed and the fact the court had a lower bounce on average than today.

I think players like Agnieszka Radwanska, Jelena Jankovic could have excelled on this type of surface.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #2
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A Blast from the Past - 2000 Masters final

Kournikova gave Hingis a hard first set in the semis.

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #3
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Many good tactical players such as Hingis, Maleeva, Radwanska, and also players like Kerber and Jankovic play(ed) really well indoors.

And yes, this was a great match.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #4
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute

Actually that's a good point about Angelique Kerber, she would have loved indoor supreme because she is very good at getting down to the ball, supreme would have suited her just fine.

At the same time, I think Kvitova would have loved indoor supreme because the ball comes quickly and she likes pace and likes coming to net, it would have suited her style of play and made her swing serve very difficult to return.

I am trying to imagine how Wozniacki would have feared on indoor supreme, that is tough to figure out.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #5
country flag petkoan

petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of

Fine match indeed.
petkoan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #6
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

I remember this match sooo good. Maybe even the best one remebered in my memory. It was last Martina's very big title and she really played amazing in that final.
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #7
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

there was a very weak field at the Masters that year
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #8
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote