Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournament - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #106
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by adner View Post
It's not about being with Israel. If you host a WTA/ITF tournament in your country, you should not be allowed to handpick the players able to play it. It's against common sense.
I agree.

Players have no say where they are born and if you want to host an International event you need to take the players regardless of where they're from.

What if the World No 1, 2 and 3 were Israeli?

How can you pick between so called good and bad countries? Who decides? What if the player doesn't agree with their country's politics? t would be a disaster for any sport if countries tried to do that. It's illogical and unfair.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #107
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo View Post
Brazil doesnt recognize Israel so should the wta punish this country too??of course not.

just read at what nonsense you spot on. Israel is not popular and you perfectly the reasons, if Venezuela is known of being a dicatorship so what do we say about Israel?(genocide,illegal colonisation,racisme...) If the country policy in Venezuela is like that well that their concern, it is interior policy and wta nor any other autority can interfere in it. Just live with that. Not every country must be with Israel and THANK GOD many are NOT.
That's politics.

If every country banned players from countries it didn't like there would be no tournaments!

Sport should not be ruled by politics and players should be able to play in tournaments. It is not hard to separate politics from sport - most countries do it.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #108
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
...probably the American version of left wing which is actually a centre-right winger in almost every other country.
True. Whenever anybody mentions socialized medicine in this country, the righties scream: Stalin, Hitler, Communist! Hitler was a fascist--that's like the opposite of a communist

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #109
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdelaney View Post
Let me get this right ? You're French and you're accusing another country of illegal colonisation and racism ? ! I can't make up my mind whether you are really that stupid or pretending to be.
Lol and your British so just a guilty as France. The only French territory regarded by the UN as non self governing is New Caledonia. The UK has 10 on the list a list which only has 16 territories on it. Who's exactly is the modern colonialist then?

Regarding sport and politics would people have advocated engagement with apartheid South Africa on sporting terms, the IOC didn't think so.