Hopman Cup RR: Ashleigh Barty [AUS] def. Francesca Schiavone [ITA] 6-0 6-3 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:24 AM   #16
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: Hopman Cup RR: Ashleigh Barty [AUS] def. Francesca Schiavone [ITA] 6-0 6-3

Francesca's retirement is probably getting nearer and nearer

Well done Ashley on playing such a solid match, hitting plenty of winners and serving smartly!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:24 AM   #17
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

All Fran has is some noise and a puff ball up centre court.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM   #18
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Ha... haha... hahahahahahahahaha

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM   #19
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Great work from Ash tonight. Lost a touch of focus at the start f the second set, but dominated from there on.

My goal this summer was to find two youngsters to support and I think I've found them both now

Fran was really out of sorts, and just sort of...blah. No energy, no game plan. no fight
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM   #20
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Fran was taken by surprise in the 1st set. Ash was serving well and ripping winners from both directions. In the 2nd set, Fran tried to up the aggression, taking a lot more risks on her serves and shots, but ended up committing more errors.

A very mature performance from Ash. Well done.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM   #21
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Great win for Barty. I really hope she stays as grounded and humble. A star in the making for sure.

As for Fran, such a shame that she is struggling so badly. I think the French Open this year is looking more likely as her swansong.
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:26 AM   #22
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Great win for Ashleigh
Not that shocking though, Schiavone has been sucking for a while now.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM   #23
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
The on court interview was ridiculous. 7 grand slams predicted. she is really level headed.
She said that or the interviewer did? I missed it.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:28 AM   #24
country flag tennisforadults

tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute tennisforadults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The on court interview was ridiculous. 7 grand slams predicted. she is really level headed.
That 7 grand slam comment/joke was made by the interviewer, not Ash. Ash wasn't even allowed time to reply.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:30 AM   #25
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
She said that or the interviewer did? I missed it.
No Craig Wallace or whoever it is was being a muppet. Ash is actually a totally normal and relaxed person. She's like Stosur with confidence and a brain so I hope she doesn't get too much pressure heaped on her after this. Darren Cahill said it's going to be a long road yet so don't get too carried away.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM   #26
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Great work from Ash tonight. Lost a touch of focus at the start f the second set, but dominated from there on.

My goal this summer was to find two youngsters to support and I think I've found them both now

Fran was really out of sorts, and just sort of...blah. No energy, no game plan. no fight
Who is the second youngster SilverPersian?
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM   #27
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults View Post
That 7 grand slam comment/joke was made by the interviewer, not Ash. Ash wasn't even allowed time to reply. Get your facts straight?
lol woops my original post was really badly worded/punctuated. I was replying to oh yeah I guess talking about other people putting pressure on her after this win. Not attributing that quote to Ash.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:33 AM   #28
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Nid. Fran is just useless these days off clay against anyone half solid.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM   #29
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
No Craig Wallace or whoever it is was being a muppet. Ash is actually a totally normal and relaxed person. She's like Stosur with confidence and a brain so I hope she doesn't get too much pressure heaped on her after this. Darren Cahill said it's going to be a long road yet so don't get too carried away.
Right, thanks.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:37 AM   #30
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
Who is the second youngster SilverPersian?
Sloane Stephens

Really talented, and also seems to be a lovely person. She handled playing Serena tonight really well imo.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote