Ohio Rape: Trent Mays & Ma’Lik Richmond found guilty and get jail time! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #31
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ohio Rape: High School Students Joke About Rape In Leaked Video !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
Don't know how anyone can believe that rape is a joke. On the Comedy channel whenever there's a movie about prison, every movie invariable has a segment about male on male gang rape. Here in the Twin Cities, we used to have two "comedians" who called themselves Z & McKay and who made jokes about male rape victimization their schtick. Perhaps if these clowns had been the victims of this horror, they'd see that it isn't funny after all.
That's not comparable to the kind of joking concerned here about that particular case, disgusting.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #32
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't read all of the articles but what's the problem if ppl know who these guys are and they are caught on video admitting what they did?
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #33
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
I've been consistent all along in these threads (severe wrongdoing, all factors fair game for discussion, wherever something bad happens). But I guess JN will never release that vice-like grip on my ankle, so....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u3pEol2LAA <><><><><>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5hXtGkzZ9k
Right you are, Seabiscuit.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #34
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

This is atrocious, I feel so bad for the victim and all the victims like her TF reaches a new low by making this about the politics/country vs country thing rather than the gangrape of a 16 year old girl.

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #35
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
that's why rapes happen.......men are stronger than women......that is simply the law of nature.......you or i cannot change it......
They can!

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #36
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Things heat up in Steubenville

Quote:

Online outrage over Ohio rape case prompts city website

Steubenville, Ohio (CNN) -- Amid social media pressure and allegations of a cover-up, leaders in Steubenville, Ohio, have launched a website to keep the community updated on a rape case that has consumed the small Ohio town.

"With looking at the facts of the case, the rumors, the social media ... we proceeded in setting up SteubenvilleFacts.org that will present only the facts and provide information on the government of the city, as well as the transparency and the timeline of the evidence," City Manager Cathy Davison said at a news conference Saturday.

Davison said the website is meant to combat the perception that "everyone in Steubenville is acting or is like the individuals that are involved in the case. That we are a community that is run by football. That is not the case."

Two 16-year-old members of the town's high school football team are charged with raping a girl in August. Special prosecutors from the state attorney general's office allege the teens sexually assaulted the girl while she was unconscious.

The case gained national attention after The New York Times published a lengthy piece on it in December and the activist hacker group Anonymous posted a video of teenagers in the Ohio River valley town cracking jokes about it.

Anonymous and other critics have accused community leaders of trying to paper over rampant misconduct by team members and have suggested that other students took part in the assaults or failed to do enough stop them. Authorities have declined to say whether anyone else could be charged.

Someresidents have accused outsiders of trying to ruin the reputation of the town's high school football team.
Speaking alongside Davison, Police Chief William McCafferty said that several Steubenville residents, despite having no connection to the case, have been harassed and received multiple phone calls because of misinformation.

"I have to protect our citizens," he said.

The website includes background information on city officials, noting that most of those directly involved in the investigation didn't go to the same high school as the suspects.
"The Chief of Steubenville Police has been in this position for 13 years and is not a graduate of Steubenville City Schools," the site says. "His child attends another school district."

The website also addresses the issue of the 12-minute video of the teens making jokes about the incident.

"Nothing in Ohio's criminal statutes makes it a crime for someone to ridicule a rape victim on a video or otherwise say horrible things about another person. Further, nothing in the law allows someone who says repugnant things on Twitter, Facebook, or other Internet sites to be criminally charged for such statements," according to the site.

"Steubenville Police investigators are caring humans who recoil and are repulsed by many of the things they observe during an investigation. Like detectives in every part of America and the world, they are often frustrated when they emotionally want to hold people accountable for certain detestable behavior but realize that there is no statute that allows a criminal charge to be made."

On Saturday, throngs of protesters returned to Steubenville in support of the alleged victim and to protest the town's handling of the case. A similar rally was held last month.
Several demonstrators donned Guy Fawkes masks, considered symbolic of Anonymous. One protester held up a sign reading "I'm not against Big Red, I'm against rape," a reference to the high school's nickname.
Earlier this week, the group announced that it was planning the protest to "help those who have been victimized by the football team or other regimes."

source: http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/05/justic...ase/index.html

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #37
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this gets introduced as evidence in the case.

This is so callous and irresponsible, it is sickening.

Excerpt from the article I just posted
Quote:

The website also addresses the issue of the 12-minute video of the teens making jokes about the incident.
"Nothing in Ohio's criminal statutes makes it a crime for someone to ridicule a rape victim on a video or otherwise say horrible things about another person. Further, nothing in the law allows someone who says repugnant things on Twitter, Facebook, or other Internet sites to be criminally charged for such statements," according to the site.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 7th, 2013 at 02:39 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #38
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad that this issue has received such attention. It seems like it really could've been swept under the rug otherwise.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #39
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
I'm glad that this issue has received such attention. It seems like it really could've been swept under the rug otherwise.
This is totally disgusting and how could people just stand by and watch abuse.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #40
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future gulzhan has a brilliant future

How can they talk about victim's guilt in a rape?! Rape is an extremely violent crime and the rapists must be put in jail no matter who the victim was and what she did to put herself in danger. It makes me so sick that in the end, this may be about MONEY!!!!

If only two criminals will be charged for this rape, I will lose any faith in justice in America. If I could, I'd indict every person who attended those parties. It does not matter what the punishment will be for those who witnessed the crime and did nothing about it. The important thing is to charge them, to have them marked as criminals, even though they just start their lives.

If anything good may come out of this horrible story, it's a lesson for the young people in America that they will be punished for their wrong-doings no matter what, because evil must be punished.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #41
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
How can they talk about victim's guilt in a rape?! Rape is an extremely violent crime and the rapists must be put in jail no matter who the victim was and what she did to put herself in danger. It makes me so sick that in the end, this may be about MONEY!!!!

If only two criminals will be charged for this rape, I will lose any faith in justice in America. If I could, I'd indict every person who attended those parties. It does not matter what the punishment will be for those who witnessed the crime and did nothing about it. The important thing is to charge them, to have them marked as criminals, even though they just start their lives.

If anything good may come out of this horrible story, it's a lesson for the young people in America that they will be punished for their wrong-doings no matter what, because evil must be punished.
This town reminds me of Sparta from "the heat of the night" television program.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #42
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...icle-1.1291087

Quote:
The two teenage Steubenville, Ohio football players accused of raping a 16-year-old West Virginia girl during a series of alcohol-fueled parties last summer were found guilty Sunday morning by Special Judge Thomas Lipps, who announced his ruling in juvenile court by saying that both defendants “are hereby adjudicated delinquents beyond a reasonable doubt on all three counts as charged.”
The verdict is the equivalent of a guilty verdict in adult court, Lipps said in Steubenville, as the defendants began to sob, their attorneys wiping away tears and members of their families began to cry. The case attracted national attention for the way social media spurred the prosecution and sparked outrage over the episode.
“I came in early this morning and closely examined all of the evidence and re-read all the text messages. Many of the things that we learned during this trial, that our children were saying and doing, were profane, were ugly,” said Lipps, who then listened to pleas for leniency from Trent Mays, 17, and Ma’Lik Richmond, 16, their lawyers and family members.
The judge then issued his ruling on sentencing, sending Mays, who was also found guilty of disseminating a nude photo of a minor, to a minimum of two years in a juvenile correctional facility. Richmond was sentenced to a minimum of one year, but like Mays could be in detention until he is 21.
The judge said that the Ohio Department of Youth services will rule on whether the two boys will be detained longer, Judge Lipps said, adding it will depend on their behavior and rehabilitation.
Mays and Richmond will be credited for the time they had served before the trial.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #43
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ohio Rape: Trent Mays & Ma’Lik Richmond found guilty and get jail time!

sucks that the fucktards who taped the girl instead of helping her got immunity
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #44
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Seems too soft of a punishment. Oh well, at least they will get the treatment they deserve(being totally conscious at that) while being locked up. For the rest of the people who witnessed the whole thing and did nothing ... I wish God existed and that he ain't merciful.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #45
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Glad they got a guilty verdict but those who watched and did not help should feel ashamed.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote