2013 Cheering/Farewell/Hasta La Vista Thread - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #451
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Cheering/Farewell/Hasta La Vista Thread

wiva but that Vika was not even top5
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #452
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

so what? She is the same tennis player style-wise.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #453
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
I am really happy about her tournament but this match had Kerber 2011 written all over it. She played very similair to that match IMO, and her serve really let her down.
She has the game to trouble Azarenka, it was very visible...
like she had the game to beat Kerber, Flipkens, CSN ok she's "flopping" later, but at the end of the day I would buy again those losses to Serena and Safina, at least there was little she could do there...truth is that if she plays her best she is a threat to every player but Serena, but that's like the same old story

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
you can't serve this way against a returner like Vika
i had low hopes so i'm not so disappointed. Hope she keeps playing this way in next months and doesn't disappear
I hope so...I want her to win one more tournament...it'd be great if she could win a premier again, maybe crap Moscow, but "only" LA is very little

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #454
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
so what? She is the same tennis player style-wise.
sorry but this is just BS
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #455
country flag DomenicDemaria

DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute

Served poorly and played too far behind the baseline. Even if she served better and took the first set she would have ran out of steam in the end. The result was NID after the first set.

But great fight and an amazing tournament! Finally a grand slam semi!
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #456
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
every setpoint/matchpoint down she killed Vika...that is what happen when she played mentally free oh well, she has so many years ahead to go further in a slam
Why the sarcasm? After the best Slam of her life, where she lost against the world #2, keeping up with her in a lot of rallies. It's not like she missed a huge opportunity to make a final or win a Slam. Be realistic.

Quote:
the problem is that Flavia hits too well...if she can't find power or depth (like most of the rallies today), she simply helps people finding rhythm Aza was nervous but flavia "set" her right into the match
It seemed pretty obvious to me that she struggled to find depth because of Vika's power. Matching her on speed and depth was never going to happen, they're not the same kind of player that way.

Quote:
I wish I could say Vika was better, but it's not true Flavia started badly and never got in there mentally, when she started fighting it was too late, Aza gained all the confidence you get by knowing that you can win a set by playing around average tennis
Not true at all. She was right there mentally from the beginning. Or at least from the 2nd game, breaking right back where she had the chance. Which she did twice more that first set. How can you say she didn't even fight?

Quote:
Flavia is probably the only player in the world who can lose a match where she hit more winners than Vika (4 more!) and less UEs than her (2 less)
These matches happen.

Quote:
I am very disappointed, because she served crap, as much as Vika is a great returner, she was broken 8 times today and she had been broken 8 times in the whole tournament before...

oh well, congrats Vika, being more clutch in the important points, that is what makes the difference in the end
I just don't get how you can be SO disappointed. Yes, she served badly, missed too many first serves and her 2nd is just too vulnerable against a returner like Vika. I suspect nerves had a lot to do with that. But we've seen Flavia fold on occasions similar to this one before, and she didn't fold today. The only moment it looked like that was in the middle of the 2nd set when Azarenka went a double break up. And even then she did break back again.

Quote:
you can't serve this way against a returner like Vika
i had low hopes so i'm not so disappointed. Hope she keeps playing this way in next months and doesn't disappear
I completely agree with you for once.
I'm kinda scared about her disappearing tbh.

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #457

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Linda, I can agree with everything you said NOW, but it's easy now to talk like that...I am havinga a laugh and being content with that SF if you wasn't a big disappointed during the match, better for you I thought she stood her chances, she fought hard, but didn't play her best, playing far below whenever she was tying, which means that mentally she was scared of the match, so no, mentally she wasn't as there as she was two days ago or the rest of the week...

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #458
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that she didn't play her best tennis, but it really was mostly due to her serve. Other than that, it was Vika's credit as well that Flavia didn't get to play like she did before.
And I agree that it was harder mentally. Of course it was. It doesn't mean the match was a failure.

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #459
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

Quote:
sorry but this is just BS
ok we have different views

I was surprised by Lindas view, too. After all I think she is right in that it was a competitive match and good fighting and that this is a huge success at this stage of a slam.

Quote:
I'm kinda scared about her disappearing tbh.
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #460
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

It was not a failure, but I do think she could have stepped it up more, espacially returning Vika's second serve. And the biggest problem was the serve really. I wish she could get a little higher first serve percentage, she's always around 50% but I think with 60 or even 65% she would be winning a lot more easily.

And she was clearly upset during the match, suggesting that she was trying her best but couldn't really PLAY her best.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #461
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what Flavia said. I think it's exactly my analysis of the match. I said it in the livescore thread, playing soft balls is not the worst of tactics against Azarenka, but I thought she could have mixed it up more with more aggressive play. She was running a lot and she seemed tired at the end.

Nice to hear she's motivated for the last tournaments of the year. It sounds like she wants to keep going.

Quote:
Q. How do you explain all those breaks of serve, 13 of them?

FLAVIA PENNETTA: I didn't serve really well today, but she neither. I think it was a lot of wind in the court. It's moving a lot the ball all the time. It was not easy to serve. But for me, I think I didn't serve in the way I was serving before because she make me a lot of pressure. I know I had to try to find a good serve for start of point, and I didn't today. Actually, I was trying doing the same thing all the match, and in the moment was working and in another moment not.

Q. You have had like some great wins here before, you know, a few years ago, Maria and many others. It's a great court for you. Now coming back from some injury, you play such inspiring tennis. Do you think sometimes being away a little bit makes you maybe want it more, playing more, giving more of yourself?

FLAVIA PENNETTA: Well, of course, to beat these kind of players you have to play more and more, more aggressive. You have to try to find more winners, and in that case you're gonna miss more also. But actually today I think I didn't do it too much. I didn't went for a big, big winner all the time. In the end I was trying. I was much better. But because I didn't want to miss so much, today I didn't hit so hard the ball. We run a lot of rallies more than 20 balls. But she's stronger than me, and in the end she was winning more points than me.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Sep 6th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
It was not a failure, but I do think she could have stepped it up more, espacially returning Vika's second serve. And the biggest problem was the serve really. I wish she could get a little higher first serve percentage, she's always around 50% but I think with 60 or even 65% she would be winning a lot more easily.

And she was clearly upset during the match, suggesting that she was trying her best but couldn't really PLAY her best.
once again I agree with you on all that

Old Sep 6th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #463
country flag Dado90

Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of Dado90 has much to be proud of

Tension will forever kill Flavia. She's not herself without this problem

She began pretty well, but was unable playing consistently that well, although Vika was nervous as well, especially on serve. Flavia herself said many times that when she is under pressure her serve and FH begin to be crap, and this is what has happened At the age of 31 I don't think you can improve this psychological aspect of your tennis. This is a Flavia's feature unfortunately. She could handle the situation and playing the match better but she didn't. This is why I think peak Pennetta is surely a solid top 10 player, but top 5 is too much for her mental weakness IMO. And I'm suffering saying these words being one of the most tenacious Flavia's supporters

Besides, although Vika didn't play well, she was good enough to put Flavia under pressure. Flavia couldn't play her brillant tennis showed throughout all these two weeks also because Azarenka's pace and ball speed was on another level In their last match in Dubai, Vika wasn't as dominant on the baseline as she was this time.

So, at the end of this wonderful tournament I have to be very positive and satisfied. My fave has made her maiden and deserved SF out of nowhere, surprising me, Italians and her fans It would be so unfair that a so talented player like Flavia has never reach a so important goal during her career, after such good victories over top players she was able to achieve. Before this USO she was clearly an underachiever, and I still believe if she can keep this level of tennis will be able to win some other big tournments. To be fair the fact Bartoli, Stosur and Schiavone successed in winning a Slam makes me a bit sad, because I don't think Flavia has to resent something about them. But the most important thing is that she recovered well from a terrible injury and showed other players she's still on stage at the age of 31

SAFINA - VAIDISOVA
Dado90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #464

Flavia said she's playing 3 more tournaments for the season, she is using her PR for Tokyo and Beijing, what's the 3rd? I hope it's Moscow as it's the crappiest premier of the season, hopefully is not Luxemburg which is one of the strongest MM

Old Sep 7th, 2013, 10:18 AM   #465
country flag crazillo

BTW I think we worked well together as a team to correct some of these Vika scrubs in GM.