2013 Cheering/Farewell/Hasta La Vista Thread - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 08:49 AM   #406
country flag DomenicDemaria

DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute DomenicDemaria has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Cheering/Farewell/Hasta La Vista Thread

Also has anyone noticed that she can slice her backhand now? She has hit a few nice slice backhands this week. She never used to be able to do that!
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 09:08 AM   #407
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

that's not true she used the sliced backhand quite often in her run for the top 10 back then but she seems to be using it a little more those days, I guess because she can't be as fast as she used to be, but that's a good way to get her a little more time to be back in the rally!

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 10:53 AM   #408
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I posted on facebook that I love Flavia almost as much as I did love Maggie Maleeva and then Maggie comes around and comments on my post. I was delighted! She said that she played one of her best matches against her at the US Open.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM   #409

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

are you a friend of hers?

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:45 AM   #410
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to jynx her at all but, am I crazy for thinking she could actually win the whole thing ? There is no one she can't beat in her half of the draw, especially if Vika continues to play as bad as she has been so far. Of course Serena/Li in the final could be too much for her but given what happened in Wimbledon, I wouldn't be surprised to see Makarova reach the final.

Go Flavia
Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:48 AM   #411
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
I don't want to jynx her at all but, am I crazy for thinking she could actually win the whole thing? There is no one she can't beat in her half of the draw, especially if Vika continues to play as bad as she has been so far. Of course Serena/Li in the final could be too much for her but given what happened in Wimbledon, I wouldn't be surprised to see Makarova reach the final.

Go Flavia
I think her nerves wouldn't hold up if it came down to the wire... I have to say though that she is playing as well as anyone in this tournament. I don't think Serena is serving as well as she usually does. I agree about Makarova though, she was so good against Lisicki and also against Radwanska. I expect Li or Makarova in the final TBH. But tennis is not only about your current level of play (where Flavia has been absolutely top notch), it's also about the nerves...
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:51 AM   #412
country flag crazillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
are you a friend of hers?
No, but she knows that I was one of her biggest fans in the day, once answered a very long fan letter and was absolutely lovely there, and I think that's why she accepted my friends request a couple years later. She never really commented on anything that I posted so I was absolutely happy about this comment today.

I could imagine that Maggie and Flavia would match up well together, similair to Simona and Flavia. A shame we never got to see it, it was a first round match I think.

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #413
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
I think her nerves wouldn't hold up if it came down to the wire... I have to say though that she is playing as well as anyone in this tournament. I don't think Serena is serving as well as she usually does. I agree about Makarova though, she was so good against Lisicki and also against Radwanska. I expect Li or Makarova in the final TBH. But tennis is not only about your current level of play (where Flavia has been absolutely top notch), it's also about the nerves...
You are right about the nerves, that's always what's holding her back, she should have already reached the final in 2011. But I feel like this year is finally her time, kinda like Marion in Wimbledon. She's a veteran too, having a great draw in her best slam, like Marion. And we all know history likes to repeat itself. The stars are finally aligning for her I think.

Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:35 PM   #414
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia She really is playing well. Her play against Halep is just wow. With that said, we've all been in this situation before. Pulling for her to win in the QF and we all know what happened. So I'll go with who knows, let's see if she does this time. It's just funny I never thought she'd get to have this chance again but yay it's here again.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:36 PM   #415
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
And i just love Gisela lol
I really miss Dulketta

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
May I ask where is this coming from? Kinda random, coming from you Fran. We all know here how much you love Flavia playing doubles during her peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I wrote an entry for my blog about the upsets of the first week, but I pulled a great focus on what I think may be one of the most spectaculr matches of the whole open, the 4th round clash between Flavia and Simona...if both play well this may actually be a classic

have a read if you please! http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it/20...t-falling.html
@Gaspa I read it. Well done. I learned some new stuff there. You really are turning into quite a sports journalist.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #416
country flag crazillo

Hoping for a quick doubles match today TBH, but I can't see it.

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:50 PM   #417
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
May I ask where is this coming from? Kinda random, coming from you Fran. We all know here how much you love Flavia playing doubles during her peak.

@Gaspa I read it. Well done. I learned some new stuff there. You really are turning into quite a sports journalist.
Her tweets

FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:09 PM   #418
country flag peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Hoping for a quick doubles match today TBH, but I can't see it.
I hope they lose quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SARITA View Post
Her tweets

Of course. What did she say?
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:43 PM   #419
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

check them lazy ass
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:07 PM   #420

thank you Karla