AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #1141
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Maria's double bagel matches would more likely be 6-1 6-1 or 6-1 6-0 matches during the period of 2009-2012 when her DF's and UE's were abundant.

This is a different Maria in that she plays with power but keeps DF's and UE's in check.

The speed of her serves, on the other hand, is slower than last year; whether it's because she doesn't need to or physically she can't do it.
I'm sure she can hit harder, but I guess this controlled aggressive game is the game plan that Hoggy is employing this season. And I'm still convinced that AO plexicushion is the best surface for Maria's game - her results here in Australia just confirm it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #1142
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Wow, a double bagel again I laughed so much when saw that score How was her game? Did she improve comparing R1?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #1143
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Maria's lack of a test in the early rounds will be a factor actually, after thinking about it. I mean, it's not like she's going to be underestimating Venus. Hopefully she "treats it like a final" like she did when she got Davenport in R2 of the AO08
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #1144
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Im so happy with her progress so far
if she gets past vee then it technically should be plain sailing to the QF where she could either meet Kerber/Bartoli and then SF. If she makes SF this year without match practise and ends up losing to like Aga/Na (I seethe Aga ) then I won't mind too much. But I will be devastated if she bows out in round 3
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #1145
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Im so happy with her progress so far
if she gets past vee then it technically should be plain sailing to the QF where she could either meet Kerber/Bartoli and then SF. If she makes SF this year without match practise and ends up losing to like Aga/Na (I seethe Aga ) then I won't mind too much. But I will be devastated if she bows out in round 3
WUT?

NO.

If she takes out Vee (most probably) she better go all the way to the final.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1146
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
WUT?

NO.

If she takes out Vee (most probably) she better go all the way to the final.
i just mean in terms of points distribution with her making the final last year, i'd rather have a SF loss than a 3rd loss (if we're talking about playing against seeded players) ofc I want Masha to win the whole damn thing
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #1147
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Considering the fact that neither Serena nor Vika are in her side of the draw I'd be pretty disappointed if she didn't make the final
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1148
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 Can she squeeze a bagel in against Venus?

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1149
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
Glad she isn't struggling against these kinds of opponents despite having no match practice coming in.
But why does it have to be Venus? hate that one is going to lose... anyway, hope it's going to be a good match and that Masha makes it through in the end.
Trust me, It's better that Maria drew Venus so early .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #1150
country flag zigga

zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of zigga has much to be proud of

Another good win for Maria today

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I don't think Maria's lack of a test in the early rounds will be a factor actually, after thinking about it. I mean, it's not like she's going to be underestimating Venus. Hopefully she "treats it like a final" like she did when she got Davenport in R2 of the AO08
I think so too.
I'm really looking forward to this match but I probably won't be able to watch it live because i have exam on friday I will probably watch the replay.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #1151
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Now Maria has so much pressure in this event. I don't know it's good or not
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1152
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

It really is a shame that this match has to happen so early, and I hope that Maria maintains her intensity and focus against Venus and that both bring their best. I want a really competitive, high-quality match. I really want Maria to win, but this would be one of the rare occasions that I wouldn't be devastated by a loss.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1153
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Just watched the replay of entire Doi match, the sense is that Maria played at about 85% peak level and had plenty of margins for error.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #1154
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I'm nervous but excited for her match vs Venus! Do you think it would be better for Maria to play during the day or at night?

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #1155
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

What, why would Hoggy not let her sign interviews?
That's a bit strange.