AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #1036
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

In her 1st round match, I felt like Maria was going more for her shots, like before surgery and I do not know how to explain but I just loved the way she hit her backhand in this first round, it was different from other years. Also, serve motion has changed a bit, but again, I could not explain how... Can anyone help me ?

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #1037
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Isn't that what we've all been hoping for the past few years? I realize that in 2010 and 2011, Maria had more important things to worry about, like finding a way to improve that serve and build fitness and confidence. But, overall, there hasn't been any evolution to Maria's game since coming back from the shoulder injury. It continues to be baseline, baseline, baseline. We only see off-speed shots out of desperation, trips to the net only when she has a distinct advantage in the point, and the occasional just-for-the-heck-of-it drop shot or lob.

You need intelligence and creativity to win those semis and finals against the very best players. You can't bludgeon your way to titles. So I don't think it's an accident that Maria has a considerable losing record in finals since the surgery. She just hasn't shown the variety needed to win the big points in the biggest matches.

But even with her limitations and stubbornness, I still think she's the second best player. So if she ever did finally go back to doing more of the little things, like in her younger days, she could really be an even bigger force.
I disagree. Most of these Finals Maria just never showed up. It wasn't about her game not being there, it was her mind. I would also like to see her come to the net more often, but she doesn't just smack the ball from side to side. Usually I feel she really is looking for a short ball, the right angle, finding depth or trying to pull her opponent off the court with her shots.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #1038
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
And since Venus is playing the night match tomorrow, does this mean if Maria and Venus were to play in the 3rd round, they wouldn't get the night match?

The organisers better keep it cute!
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #1039
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
And since Venus is playing the night match tomorrow, does this mean if Maria and Venus were to play in the 3rd round, they wouldn't get the night match?
2012 Final
2011 R4
2010 R1
2007 Final
2006 Semifinal

I want a day match tbh
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #1040
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
IKR she was coming to the net, her backhand was on fire and that "That's the way" scream at the end .
One of my all-time favorite Maria exclamations on court
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #1041
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Last day match on Hisense! I'll wake up early for the match!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #1042
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiMo View Post
In her 1st round match, I felt like Maria was going more for her shots, like before surgery and I do not know how to explain but I just loved the way she hit her backhand in this first round, it was different from other years. Also, serve motion has changed a bit, but again, I could not explain how... Can anyone help me ?
I actually agree with this. I thought her service motion, backhand and particularly the forehand looked much more dynamic and fluid than they had in 2012 - especially the latter part of 2012. She looked like she was swinging through the ball more rather than going up on it and she definitely looked more comfortable taking things off the bounce. But then again, Puchkova's shots were soft enough that doing that just wasn't a challenge for her like it is when she plays the top girls.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #1043
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1044
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

That's a great picture, Julian!

Who is Misaki Doi by the way? How does she play?

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #1045
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
That's a great picture, Julian!

Who is Misaki Doi by the way? How does she play?
There aren't any videos of her except this one.

Harmless imo
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1046
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #1047
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

she's gonna look like a dwarf standing across from Masha at the net
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #1048
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

I believe there are more vids of Doi on youtube

TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #1049
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
I believe there are more vids of Doi on youtube

I was too lazy
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #1050
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Maria will be on court when it's 3 am here...
Silas is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote