AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 162 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #2416
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Li is 30 and Sarin is 31, I give her 5 more solid years since we know she doesn't depend on her amazing court coverage and footspeed

In all honesty, this AO has been pretty shit. Giving me random shades of AO 2011.
oh yeh, i wasn't saying she only has 3 years left, but i remember her commentating on wanting to play Rio in 2016.
please God I hope she's still around for that long

(plus we can watch her age gracefully into a 30 something beauty )
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #2417
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

she will try to screw up every chance she'll be given but ill always believe in her
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #2418
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
OK, I'm usually one of the leading optimists, but I can't deny I am bitter as HELL still
I simply can't believe Maria played as badly as she did
She was ok in general, pretty good in Vee's match and in the second set with Flip...those net approaches and terrible in Li's match...gosh, she had so many chances to switch it to 3 set match and she didn't take them....
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #2419
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Im DEAD every time i see a Rena fan praising Vika. Don't get me wrong we can support as many other players from our fave as we want, but it's only because they dont see Vika as a threat whatsoever to Rena Lets see how much they praise her if and when Vika beats Rena in a slam
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #2420
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Ok, after this AO, I can just say-Li Na became one of my favorite players This one should have been hers, but oh well... Enjoy your luckily won Slam Victoria

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #2421
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Heck, I'm starting to support Radwanska's quest for GS just to prevent Vika from winning more Hell, Venus even I just knew Li won't pull it off there
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #2422
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Some Azarenka fan claims playing Hampton was tougher for Azarenka than Li playing Maria and Aga
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #2423
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

It's incredible how the most mentally fragile headcase on tour went from that to a mental rock in less than two years. Azarenka just never wilts under pressure any more. She could've crumbled against Hampton, Stephens, and Li and she just refused. I don't know if she got psychological help or if she just flipped a switch and became Ms. Unshakable Confidence. But that's something that's incredibly hard to do in sports. Mastering and controlling what goes on in your own head, especially when you have an estabished history of melting down and choking. But she did it.

And I still don't see greatness with her game. She remains the one tennis player who's success baffles me because every time I watch her, I see a very beatable player.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #2424
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
It's incredible how the most mentally fragile headcase on tour went from that to a mental rock in less than two years. Azarenka just never wilts under pressure any more. She could've crumbled against Hampton, Stephens, and Li and she just refused. I don't know if she got psychological help or if she just flipped a switch and became Ms. Unshakable Confidence. But that's something that's incredibly hard to do in sports. Mastering and controlling what goes on in your own head, especially when you have an estabished history of melting down and choking. But she did it.

And I still don't see greatness with her game. She remains the one tennis player who's success baffles me because every time I watch her, I see a very beatable player.
I was thinking about what I'd call her gamestyle earlier, and she almost is just a aggressive pusher. She has great defence and court speed, and she uses her awareness on the court to manoeuvre her opponents to be stretched out enough so the big hitters can't get big cuts on the ball. She's also aggressive enough to beat the lesser girls easily. In 2009 I saw her as a BBB, but she's changed herself to become essentially a powerful Wozniacki.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #2425
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh, this didn't even feel like a slam to me, just some glorified Tier 2 or something
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #2426
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Tbh, this didn't even feel like a slam to me, just some glorified Tier 2 or something
this. Craigy your posts make so much sense to me lately
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #2427
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
This so much

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #2428
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Masha's only gonna be 26 this year. She legitimately has 3 more years (if she wanted to play until the 2016 Olympics)
which equates to 11 more slam appearances. Gurls, lets not worry about this anymore it's in the past. Masha will win a slam again, she's too good of a player not too
Well I would be pretty disappointed if Maria doesn't end up winning at least 8 slams in her career. Anything less than that is just crazy and disappointing with the amount of talent that she has. A player like Maria Sharapova cannot settle with only 4 slams in her whole career, whereas girls like Azarenka are out there winning 2 back-to-back slams . That's just ridiculous.

Last edited by Mr.Sharapova : Jan 26th, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #2429
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, it's not even JUST that this Slam was bad/boring, it's that it seems kind of surreal. There just didn't seem to be any flow to it whatsoever. We had Maria and Serena apparently both playing great before suddenly bombing out when few expected it, then when it looked like we had a great storyline emerging in Na playing great to win the title, suddenly that stuttered to a halt too. And, even though Vika deserved the title because she did what she had to do, personally I would've enjoyed her win more if she'd atleast played great tennis to win it, but even her fans concede she was well below her best.

Overall it was just a very drab and weird tournament, and there were no storylines for us to sink our teeth into, if that makes sense. And it feels like all the fans have been left feeling crabby and unfulfilled by the tournament, and the same goes for the players, judging by how (according to the GM drama queens), Maria, Serena and Radwanska are all firing shots, and the fact even Azarenka seemed more upset than happy after winning the title just about sums everything up.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #2430
country flag Fool

Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice

just watched the final and lol @ Vika crying and her box having to console her.

and her boyfriend belongs to one of the worst musical groups of this century. fuck em.
Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote