AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 153 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #2281
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

On my entire twitter feed its just full of Vikas press conference quotes where she's constantly complaining.

Bitch you got into a slam final
Na take her the fuck down
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #2282
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Still gutted. Second GS that she flops to Na

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #2283
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Also I'd like to add that Masha is an excellent sportswoman giving no excuses unlike Vika

Q. Was the heat a factor today?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Doesn't matter. It was what it was. I grew up for years in Florida. I still train there. I'm used to pretty warm conditions.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #2284
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Maria understood that it wasn't her day and just tried to hang in there, but Na was too strong at the end

I just read about Vika! Looking forward to read all of the excuses made up by her fans!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #2285
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Maria didn't execute the big points. Missed on lots of opportunities. Simply outplayed by Li. She will now have a short rest then practise harder than ever. Maria never gives up. I must admit, losing to Li is easier for me to take than losing to Vika. I didn't watch either of their matches but I read on twitter that Vika could be penalised for MTO if it had nothing to do with injury or muscular problems. Perhaps they will let it slide at this point in the tournament.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #2286
country flag JoPova

Last HC title is Cincinnati 2011. She won the final aginst Jankovic. It looks like ages ago. Last HC GS AO 2008. It was ages ago.

Feeling depressed and I'll be even more depressed if Na loses to Vika. I need Maria to win her next tournament to cheer me up!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #2287
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

Gutted that she lost. But I'm not suprised. I mean, ever since that Venus match, her form has been dipping a bit. Plus, I do think people were going OTT when they were saying her form this tournament was like her AO08 form.

Also, I don't really see this as a missed opportunity because she still had to win a final after this match. It's not like last year, where she really messed it up.

Anyway. I still believe Maria can win any tournament she enters. Thats not gonna change regardless of how many shitty performances she produces. Plus, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether she winning Grand Slams or losing first round, I'm still always going to root for her the same.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #2288
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Beyond gutted i have been so upset all day.
I wish serena didnt lose so she couldve won instead of azarenka or Na

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #2289
country flag Gary101

Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all Gary101 is a name known to all

Worst match she has played against someone who isn't Serena in a long while. She just didn't seemed prepared for it at all. She had a great chance with Serena eliminated and Azarenka playing mediocre to take the title. Where was that fighting spirit that was present during her match with Venus? Not much point showing that spirit in a 3R and then going walkabout in a SF...

I hope Li Na goes on to win it now. I could not bear to see Azarenka win with her cakewalk draw (nobody in the Top 25 before the final), her lack of sportmanship and subpar game.
Gary101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #2290
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

okay, i have no energy reading back or read her presser. I dont even know what happened in other SF.
here just my thoughts.

- lost 8 games when she had gamepoint or breakpoint. Every close situation was a letdown.
- she looked flat as a pnacake out there, no real fighting spirit or "disrespectful" c'mons showed.
- No footwork or movement. Even cow on ice was better.
- couldnt return anything with FH, couldnt return 2nd serves...
- Some people argue how to play against Na, play into the middle not giving angles or just go for shots which she can redirect. BUT dit oesnt matter if soemone just hitting midpace loopy puffballs everywhere, like Maria did. She had no depth or bite in her shots (mostly because she was half step slower every time), allowed Na to step in the court to attack (pushing Maria on the run, except she couldnt even run) and finish. Of course she loked like a GOAT. Hitting from one meter inside or from one meter behind the baseline is huge difference, and Na is no amateur.

It was a hopeless, miserable match from the first game. My closest guess would be she folded under pressure. I'm just utterly disappointed she could bring anything once again. True russian player. At least now she kept the shitshow for the SF, not final, not sure its an improvement though since one of the worst performance in last 12 months.

Last edited by C. Drone : Jan 24th, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #2291
country flag JoPova

If we're talking about GS performances, I agree with Pavstry. It's her worst in a while, since last year's AO.

The thing is Maria doesn't possess the great movement to execute a "pusher" strategy against Na, unless ErrorNa shows up. She can't overpower Na from the ground, because she doesn't hit as big as Lisicki or Petra, and she doesn't have much else in her arsenal: she is too stubborn and not confident enough to start attacking the net to put pressure on Na, like Petra can do, for example. So, yeah, Hogstedt has been a great coach so far, but Maria hasn't really added much to her game. The only ting I'm happy about yesterday's performance was her serve, except for a few DFs. Na on the other hand improved so much. Just look at the FH with more topspin or the slice serve she was using yesterday!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #2292
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
okay, i have no energy reading back or read her presser. I dont even know what happened in other SF.
here just my thoughts.

- lost 8 games when she had gamepoint or breakpoint. Every close situation was a letdown.
- she looked flat as a pnacake out there, no real fighting spirit or "disrespectful" c'mons showed.
- No footwork or movement. Even cow on ice was better.
- couldnt return anything with FH, couldnt return 2nd serves...
- Some people argue how to play against Na, play into the middle not giving angles or just go for shots which she can redirect. BUT dit oesnt matter if soemone just hitting midpace loopy puffballs everywhere, like Maria did. She had no depth or bite in her shots (mostly because she was half step slower every time), allowed Na to step in the court to attack (pushing Maria on the run, except she couldnt even run) and finish. Of course she loked like a GOAT. Hitting from one meter inside or from one meter behind the baseline is huge difference, and Na is no amateur.

It was a hopeless, miserable match from the first game. My closest guess would be she folded under pressure. I'm just utterly disappointed she could bring anything once again. True russian player. At least now she kept the shitshow for the SF, not final, not sure its an improvement though since one of the worst performance in last 12 months.
Agree with it all
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #2293
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have the will to write a wall of text, I barely had the strength to read what you wrote, but I agree 100% with you. Let's just hope it gets better going on like it was in 2012.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #2294
country flag JoPova

We knew that this was a big chance mainly because Serena lost, but we forgot that both Vika and Na are probably the worst match ups around for Maria, apart from Serena, who's superior to everyone. Maria isn't invincible, but I still appreciate the fact that her first tournament of the year is a slam SF. I just hope that the chance of winning a slam this year isn't over for her, because Serena will be back dominating as soon as she is feeling better.

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #2295
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I have to say Im not too gutted with the loss because I really like Li and she is a worthy finalist. What I am disappointed about in a massive way is the way she played and the way she lost.
Exactly the same here.
Now I just hope Na brings it in the final.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote