AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 148 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #2206
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILAS View Post
Maria, is your asshole jealous of all the shit that came out of your racket today??
DEAD

But seriously...On the bright side (there really isn't one), Maria's AO loss last year made all of us really appreciate the moments when she did come through tough opponents, and made her FO win more special after all the hardship in the beginning of the season.

Yeah. I tried. There's just no silver lining right now
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #2207
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
After this kind of match, yet again, I canít help but ask, how good is Maria really? I question her talent. I question her court intelligence. I question her coaching. Iím becoming resigned to think her mental toughness is overrated and sheís really just a good, but not elite player. Since 2011 in majors, 2 semi losses to Li. A final and semi loss to Vika. A loss to Serena at the Olympic final. A final loss to Kvitova. All beatdowns. Itís just unacceptable that Maria has lost all these matches in that fashion over and over, doing the same stupid things every time. Just one measly win over little old Sara Errani. Why canít she beat top 5 players when it counts? Where is the off-season improvement? Where are the new wrinkles? Getting totally outclassed by a top 10 player at a GS yet again. Why do Serena, Vika, and Li go GOAT against her in majors, but never the other way around?

Iím mentally and emotionally broken right now when it comes to Maria. Seriously, other than that brief, glorious period on clay last year, what has Maria really accomplished since her shoulder surgery in terms of titles? I'm afraid that Maria hit her ceiling long ago. Her game just never gets any better. She should count her blessings the way the French opened up for her like a gift from above. It might have been her last moment of glory. I don't see any big tournament wins in her future. Iím tired. Iím tired. Iím tired.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:50 AM   #2208
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
DEAD

But seriously...On the bright side (there really isn't one), Maria's AO loss last year made all of us really appreciate the moments when she did come through tough opponents, and made her FO win more special after all the hardship in the beginning of the season.

Yeah. I tried. There's just no silver lining right now
There totally is: it wasn't a final.

On a side note, second straight semifinal slam loss. So, welcome back Semipova I guess. I became a fan in 08 so I didn't get to experience her the first time around

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #2209
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Yeah seen Rena's foot.

Also guys the negativity and Maria bashing has to stop in here. We're all anxious but if that's how you deal with it, find somewhere else to post it. And virtually everyone is in agreement with me on this.
I agree, this is her fanbase and this is where we need to support. Do you think rena fans threw in the towel when she lost yesterday? No. Masha had chances in this match when she was playing hideously. She just needs to find her feet, those first few matches were exceptional, and it's not like she's gonna lose to a top 10 player everytime she meets one (2012 proved that) don't forget Na won an AO warmup title and is goat on this surface. Masha will get her revenge like Na did today from that Rome final. I still believe and have faith in Masha, a slam SF is excellent after 0 match practice
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #2210
country flag LDF

LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I'm already beginning to get over it. As you guys say, losing to an on-fire Li is a much more preferable option to getting whalloped by the she-devil in the final. I do think a lot of the mistakes she made today (the dodgy returning when games got close, errors at the end of more prolonged rallies, etc.) were more down to her lack of competitive match practice rather than anything being fundamentally wrong with her game. That said, there are some things I would love to see her work on, namely a more high-percentage return when the time is right, and to continue to mix the placement of her serve.

Obviously an extremely disappointing result, but onwards and upwards

Serena WilliamsJelena Jankovic

Hantuchova~Li~Robson~Kuznetsova~Keys
LDF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #2211
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

If I think how bad I felt after last year's AO final, I just smile right now
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #2212
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah seen Rena's foot.

Also guys the negativity and Maria bashing has to stop in here. We're all anxious but if that's how you deal with it, find somewhere else to post it. And virtually everyone is in agreement with me on this.

You should have been here in 09-10.
Let them vent. Getting it all out helps getting over it. #zen
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #2213
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Maria really doesn't win slams in non even year This was a great opportunity to peak and win.

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #2214
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
If I think how bad I felt after last year's AO final, I just smile right now
Exactly. And at least this time I didn't stay up till 5 am for nothing

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #2215
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
You should have been here in 09-10.
Let them vent. Getting it all out helps getting over it. #zen
No I'm on about pre-match, during match, after good wins, bashing. It's all right to be critical of a horrid performance like today's but some people take it way too far when it's neither wanted nor needed.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #2216
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Maria really doesn't win slams in non even year This was a great opportunity to peak and win.
Can you imagine if this is her new 2007 what did she win back then?!?I only know about the YEC final.... I was still in my tennis void and didn't even watch slams I think
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:56 AM   #2217
country flag Trih

@AustralianOpen
#Sharapova: "It's tennis, you lose a match and move on to the next one. I'm tough. I've been in this position before." pic.twitter.com/YpGEfkp0

AS USUAL, she's stronger than anyone in here
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #2218
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
No I'm on about pre-match, during match, after good wins, bashing. It's all right to be critical of a horrid performance like today's but some people take it way too far when it's neither wanted nor needed.
I think it's because it's a really disappointing moment. We all know that Serena is dominating, so after her early loss the other top players have to seize this chance to win the tournament. Maria just couldn't step it, while Na was ready for it!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #2219
country flag JoPova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Can you imagine if this is her new 2007 what did she win back then?!?I only know about the YEC final.... I was still in my tennis void and didn't even watch slams I think
San Diego

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #2220
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Ok, I calmed down a bit. The way tennis is able to get to me is not quite normal I just hope that she will find a way to pick herself up after this loss, and become a stronger and better player like she always does.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote