AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 128 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:57 AM   #1906
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

It looks like Sveta ran out of gas and Vika will be in the SF. For the first time, I'll be rooting for Serena so that Vika doesn't get an easy pass to the final.

By the way, Maria will play her SF match at 1:30 PM local time on Thursday, January 24.

Last edited by 18majors : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 01:20 AM.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:52 AM   #1907
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

And the plot really thickens now and I don't necessarily like it. When injuries directly effect the outcome of a major instead of the players' abilities, it takes a lot of the fun out of watching.

Serena never would have lost today if she was healthy. Now things are just nuts and I don't know what to think. Vika now has a free pass to the final because a 19-year-old is not going to beat 2 top 3 players on back-to-back days.

On paper, Maria SHOULD win this, in my mind, because before the tournament I said the only player that could defeat Maria if she plays well is Serena. I also predicted that there's no way Maria would let Vika beat her two years in a row on the same court. So Maria just needs to go out there, play like a champion, and get the job done. Opportunity is knocking.

(now watch Sloane end up beating Li Na for the title)
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:58 AM   #1908
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Taking this one match at a time, Maria definitely knows how to flop to both Vika and Li so if she wants this she'll have to bring it.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:12 AM   #1909
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I'm gutted that Serena lost

Yall may hate me for this, but Azarenka is definitely the big favorite to defend her title now. I bet Devil's Child Vika can't be happier about this Given Maria's (lack of) mental toughness in finals and the match-up on this surface, well it says a lot really.

Sloane was great today, but she has 0% chance of winning a set of Azarenka. Still, if they do play again in the final, I am not here for another flop ala AO, IW or Beijing 2012
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:14 AM   #1910
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I'm gutted that Serena lost

Yall may hate me for this, but Azarenka is definitely the big favorite to defend her title now. I bet Devil's Child Vika can't be happier about this Given Maria's (lack of) mental toughness in finals and the match-up on this surface, well it says a lot really.

Sloane was great today, but she has 0% chance of winning a set of Azarenka. Still, if they do play again in the final, I am not here for another flop ala AO, IW or Beijing 2012
you are seriously one of the most pessimistic poster ever. its getting annoying.

Anyways, i HATE matches vs Li. It always brings maria's level down
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:17 AM   #1911
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I definitely don't want to get ahead of myself. Maria can do this, and I'll be disappointed if she doesn't, but it is no where near a lock.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:18 AM   #1912
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Maria's in much better form than Azarenka right now, which will make it all the more frustrating if she does get to the final and lose.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:19 AM   #1913
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
you are seriously one of the most pessimistic poster ever. its getting annoying.

Anyways, i HATE matches vs Li. It always brings maria's level down
Okay, I'll be direct. Shut the f*ck up.

I was positive throughout the AO which you would know if you posted in this thread at all. I said she would beat venus in 2 and I also said I can't see Li beating her.

I just pointed out Azarenka will use this draw to her advantage as much as possible as she is desperate for a Slam and No.1 It wouldn't be the 1st time she has won a big tournament because Serena wasn't there to stop her ass.

Sit
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:23 AM   #1914
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Moving on...
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:26 AM   #1915
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
Moving on...
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:40 AM   #1916
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Argh, why isn't SS TWAT Award thing announced yet? Can't wait to see who wins the most annoying poster of Siberian Siren

Anyway, Maria and Na Li is the first SF after a men's doubles match. Please play well, Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:46 AM   #1917
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
Argh, why isn't SS TWAT Award thing announced yet? Can't wait to see who wins the most annoying poster of Siberian Siren

Anyway, Maria and Na Li is the first SF after a men's doubles match. Please play well, Maria
Stop being a hater bitch and get over it. Maybe try reading the past 129 pages?

Are you 6? No, you're not. Let it the fuck go.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:50 AM   #1918
country flag roddickme20

roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice roddickme20 is just really nice

as i predicted before,, this will be huge chance for sharapova to take the title

but i think na will challenge her and be ready for final !!
roddickme20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:52 AM   #1919
country flag atominside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Stop being a hater bitch and get over it. Maybe try reading the past 129 pages?

Are you 6? No, you're not. Let it the fuck go.
simmer down
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:53 AM   #1920
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I just woke up and saw that serena lost...I think I must have looked at the AO page like three or four times until I was sure I wasn't just imagining things Well I'm sure both Maria and Vika are happy about this, I am too to be honest this ups Maria's chances a LOT and I believe that she'd be able to win against Vika this time should they both get to the finals of course
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote