AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 120 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM   #1786
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

I'm expecting a good test from Makarova which I'm sure Maria is ready for.
And a test she needs, because massive matches await her if she gets through to the SF's today.

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1787
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by **mashafierce** View Post
About her serve I think Maria should return it standing far back the baseline like Nadal does
She's not quick enough to recover if she doesn't measure and execute the return perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1788
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Omg is that a beak on Vika's nose in your avatar, effedcamel?

Maria Sharapova: Always on Your Mind
AnnieIWillKnow is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:03 PM   #1789
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

I think when it comes to Serena, Maria fans almost have their own version of the stages of grief.

Some are still shocked and disbelief at how good she is.
Some are in denial that Maria isn't capable of competing with her anymore and are defiant in their conviction that Maria can win.
A select few(which I've seen on other boards) are bargaining with a higher power that something happens to Serena, like an injury or a failed drug test.
Some are angry about Serena's greatness and/or Maria's increasing number of embarrassing losses by her hand.
Some have become depressed and demoralized by all the beatdowns and the prospect of future beatdowns.
And some have reached kind of a numb acceptance that this is the way it's going to be and can only concentrate on Maria besting the other top players on tour.

I pretty much go with a combination of the last two. It's depressing thinking about how the two biggest icons in women's sports have no rivalry at all. But I pretty much reached acceptance that Maria will never beat Serena again after that Gold Medal match in London.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:11 PM   #1790
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

The problem is that Serena brings her A game against the other big names. When she's off her game in a tournament,she loses to people that are below the caliber of Maria,Vika etc..That's what's frustrating,lol.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:31 PM   #1791
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
About her serve I think Maria should return it standing far back the baseline like Nadal does
I've thought about this myself! But I don't think Maria's movement is good enough. She could try it sometimes on clay maybe!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1792
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
And some have reached kind of a numb acceptance that this is the way it's going to be and can only concentrate on Maria besting the other top players on tour.
This
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1793
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Omg is that a beak on Vika's nose in your avatar, effedcamel?
it might be
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:39 PM   #1794
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think the opposite. I noticed it watching Aga in the previous rounds (I don't remember against who she was) and the italian commentator talked about how she was smart being ready to return standing ON the baseline, basically putting pressure on the one who was serving, which indeed made some DF's when she was doing it.
Of course she can't do it on everyone's serve (specially 1st serves) but she could manage to get some more breaks if she does it imho.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:44 PM   #1795
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

Well Maria did stand back more in that game in OG where she had a couple of break chances but I'm not sure it would hold up consistently, she got deeper returns but it also allowed Serena the time to chip them back to the baseline. I'm just happy she has shortened the swing because a lot of the problem last was that she wasn't moving her feet and combined with the big swing she was hitting late/letting returns get on top of her.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:53 PM   #1796
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

If Maria continues to play as well as she has been in this tournament, Makarova has no chance tomorrow. Serena is another chapter.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:35 PM   #1797
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I think when it comes to Serena, Maria fans almost have their own version of the stages of grief.

Some are still shocked and disbelief at how good she is.
Some are in denial that Maria isn't capable of competing with her anymore and are defiant in their conviction that Maria can win.
A select few(which I've seen on other boards) are bargaining with a higher power that something happens to Serena, like an injury or a failed drug test.
Some are angry about Serena's greatness and/or Maria's increasing number of embarrassing losses by her hand.
Some have become depressed and demoralized by all the beatdowns and the prospect of future beatdowns.

I pretty much go with a combination of the last two. It's depressing thinking about how the two biggest icons in women's sports have no rivalry at all. But I pretty much reached acceptance that Maria will never beat Serena again after that Gold Medal match in London.

Quote:
Ok I don't see why she played so great.Yes her serve is great but if Kirilenko weren't so frightened she could have even broken her. I am not delusional I know that if Masha had played Kirilenko she wouldn't have beaten her so easily but all I am saying is that Serena isn't unbeatable right now
I agree, I didn't think Serena played that well yesterday. She didn't seem to be striking the ball that cleanly -- even some of her winners seemed to not have been hit off the middle of the racquet, and she often only seemed to get away with them because Kiri was feeding her with such puffballs time and time again. For me, Serena's most impressive tennis of the tournament is still the 1st round, where I genuinely was really impressed with how she played (though, that doesn't necessarily mean she won't be able to turn it up).
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:42 PM   #1798
country flag ServeCaspian

ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute ServeCaspian has a reputation beyond repute

dsanders BB, what did you say your Twitter was again? I forgot to add you.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:47 PM   #1799
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Aga and Li QF will start in abuot 30 minutes, time to scout intensively for Maria.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:49 PM   #1800
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
dsanders BB, what did you say your Twitter was again? I forgot to add you.
I don't have one I may get it soon, but recently I've been too lazy and antisocial to get it.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote