AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 119 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:57 PM   #1771
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
We just have to accept she is another species to the wta
her power and muscle is unmatched, and the reason she is winning so damn easily is because simply the girls aren't built like her. (ofc rena has talent i'm not disputing, but when you have muscles double the size of your opponent you get the gist)

but if masha makes the final, anything is possible
Oh come on, Stosur is just as ripped as Serena, it's not just about the power.

It is definitely gonna be extremely difficult for anyone to stop Serena in this tournament though
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:01 PM   #1772
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
Oh come on, Stosur is just as ripped as Serena, it's not just about the power.

It is definitely gonna be extremely difficult for anyone to stop Serena in this tournament though
Are we seriously starting to compare Stosur's and Serena's constitution?

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:07 PM   #1773
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Speaking of muscles and such,what do you all think of maria's? i dont think ive ever seen her so toned in my life. Even her biceps.
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM   #1774
country flag LDF

LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute

Grr, what an annoying slot to be in on the OOP. Looks like 2 hours sleep and a 4:30am start for me then

Serena WilliamsJelena Jankovic

Hantuchova~Watson~Robson~Mladenovic~Muguruza
LDF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:12 PM   #1775
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Are we seriously starting to compare Stosur's and Serena's constitution?
My point is that you can't keep attributing Serena's success purely to her build/muscle. There are a few other women on the tour who are just as strong and aren't having anywhere near the success.

Serena is simply one of the all time greats, you have to accept that.

And I do agree, Maria is looking in awesome shape, and I think it's reflected in her movement around the court. Her first step is so quick these days
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:13 PM   #1776
country flag swissmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDF View Post
Grr, what an annoying slot to be in on the OOP. Looks like 2 hours sleep and a 4:30am start for me then
Same. My sleep pattern is always so messed up after the AO
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1777
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

I think Serena saw the name "Maria" and thought she was playing Sharapova instead of Kirilenko because that's the kind of God-like beating she reserves for Masha. Or maybe she just hates Russians.

The rest of this tournament is a formality. No drama. No excitement.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM   #1778
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissmr View Post
My point is that you can't keep attributing Serena's success purely to her build/muscle. There are a few other women on the tour who are just as strong and aren't having anywhere near the success.

Serena is simply one of the all time greats, you have to accept that.

And I do agree, Maria is looking in awesome shape, and I think it's reflected in her movement around the court. Her first step is so quick these days
IMO, Serena is one of a kind Stosur has biceps that I believe she spends hours and hours in the gym to retain, but the rest of her body is pretty average. While I somehow don't get the vibe that Serena is practicing in the gym too much, yet she has such strong legs And arms as well...

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1779
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I'd been really confident about Maria's chances the first week, but after seeing Serena last night it feels like the tide has changed in a big way. If Maria does reach the final, I just hope she doesn't get a beatdown. It must be so disheartening to work so hard, and play so well, and then not make any progress. Who knows what will happen in the next few days though.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:35 PM   #1780
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

I think Maria will be extra pumped today because she's playing a fellow Russian.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM   #1781
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win against Flipkens, Maria !

So happy Maria is in such impressive form. Now beat Makarova

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1782
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

If Serena makes the final, I won't be that mad if Maria ends up losing to Na, thus avoiding a beatdown I won't accept a loss to Radwanska though

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:26 PM   #1783
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I'd been really confident about Maria's chances the first week, but after seeing Serena last night it feels like the tide has changed in a big way. If Maria does reach the final, I just hope she doesn't get a beatdown. It must be so disheartening to work so hard, and play so well, and then not make any progress. Who knows what will happen in the next few days though.
Ok I don't see why she played so great.Yes her serve is great but if Kirilenko weren't so frightened she could have even broken her. I am not delusional I know that if Masha had played Kirilenko she wouldn't have beaten her so easily but all I am saying is that Serena isn't unbeatable right now

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM   #1784
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mashafierce** View Post
Ok I don't see why she played so great.Yes her serve is great but if Kirilenko weren't so frightened she could have even broken her. I am not delusional I know that if Masha had played Kirilenko she wouldn't have beaten her so easily but all I am saying is that Serena isn't unbeatable right now
If you play two great points and get to 30-0 up on her serve, she'll ace you 4 times in a row to hold!

Anyway, Maria is still far from the final, even if, given her goals, it's hard not to start thinking about it. I want Maria to win a HC slam so badly!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:23 PM   #1785
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
If you play two great points and get to 30-0 up on her serve, she'll ace you 4 times in a row to hold!

Anyway, Maria is still far from the final, even if, given her goals, it's hard not to start thinking about it. I want Maria to win a HC slam so badly!
About her serve I think Maria should return it standing far back the baseline like Nadal does

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote