AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 106 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #1576
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Gillou vs La Monf =
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1577
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
The retirement one was the one I meant the most, and even still, she served for it at the USO, and if she hadn't of gotten tight she would have won. She believes she can beat Serena, this surface is Vika's best (ignoring her current form) and it's the worst for Serena (apart from red clay despite her success here). Serena's movement has been a little questionable this tournament due to her ankle and her ageing, she moving slower than I can remember.

Anyways, I'm picking Vika to win, I just feel it.
I don't know I think that out of the top 4 Vika's playing worse compared to the other three that's why I would have liked if Maria met with Vika at the moment I think she could win and fix that H2H (but don't see this happening).
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #1578
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
The retirement one was the one I meant the most, and even still, she served for it at the USO, and if she hadn't of gotten tight she would have won. She believes she can beat Serena, this surface is Vika's best (ignoring her current form) and it's the worst for Serena (apart from red clay despite her success here). Serena's movement has been a little questionable this tournament due to her ankle and her ageing, she moving slower than I can remember.

Anyways, I'm picking Vika to win, I just feel it.
I disagree.
This is definitely NOT Serena's 'bad' surface. She has 5 titles at the Australian Open. It may suit Azarenka's game better, but Serena is still light years ahead of Vika on this surface. They have played in 2008, 2009 and 2010 at the AO. In 2008 Azarenka was a teen, so i wouldn't give importance to that match. It was something like 6-2 6-4, but Serena was really playing awful (she lost to JJ in the QF ) and VIka was giving it her all. In 2009 Azarenka was on top form while Serena was struggling with it (her form really leveled up once she was a set and break down vs Kuznetsova and played GOAT in the SF and F), but Azarenka retired, though I still think Serena would have won regardless. In 2010, Serena was not playing at all and once again she faced a top form Vika and was 6-4 4-0 down. Once everyone thought she would lose, she upped her level and it was one sided after that.

Over time a lot has happened. Serena is a different player now, in a way that she is more careful and not inconsistent (even in 2008-2010 when she had great results she was a bit inconsistent). She definitely knows Azarenka is not a joke, so she raises her level against her (well usually ). As for the running part, Serena is very fast. Her movement isn't affected by her age and black people in general (not racist) have stronger and more endurable wrists and ankles. Last year she was moving like a panther. Now, her ankle is a bit messed up because of the roll, but that should be fine by the Semis.

Given Vika's form (challenged by Niculescu in the 2nd set and got bossed around by an injured Hampton) she doesn't stand much of a chance really. Whatever 'feeling' you have of her winning can't possibly be objective Also, 2 weeks ago in Brisbane she gave Serena a walkover because she was scared of getting spanked in the 1st week of the new season

This is Vika's best chance of winning a Slam/ playing her best, but eventually when it comes down to beating Serena, she has very little chance (if they play). Being in the Semis, Serena would be No.1 and Azarenka would have the pressure of being the defending champion, etc. She has no answer for Serena's game and I doubt she ever will. I don't know how injured Serena would have to be for Vika to beat her in a Slam
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #1579
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
I don't know I think that out of the top 4 Vika's playing worse compared to the other three that's why I would have liked if Maria met with Vika at the moment I think she could win and fix that H2H (but don't see this happening).
And IF Azarenka somehow beats Serena, she sure as hell wont lose to Maria in the final (of they both reach it). A win over Serena is equivalent of a Slam to Azarenka therefore she would have massive confidence and great form (obviously). But it ain't happening anyway
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #1580
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine Maria receiving two slam trophies from Monica Seles back-to-back
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #1581
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
Imagine Maria receiving two slam trophies from Monica Seles back-to-back
OMG LIFEEEE

Lets hope that happens
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1582
country flag Fighterpova

Btw, Is Henin handing out the FO trophy this year? Or will it be Graf?
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1583
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
Even Aga No way. Vika and Li are the only ones who can contend with Serena.

Just saying, but you guys need to put down the meth if you seriously think maria has a better chance of beating Serena than Vika.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #1584
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Even Aga No way. Vika and Li are the only ones who can contend with Serena.
Li always makes her opponents play like shit But yeah, their matches can be counted as tough even though Serena almost always wins in straights.

As for Vika, one 3 setter does not mean she can compete with her
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #1585
country flag Fighterpova

Well technically, Serena's toughest opponent from the Top 10 is Stosur (despite their Charleston match ).

Stosur leads in their GS matches (Serena ) and Serena only demolished her once
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #1586
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway the point is she should make SF comfortably IMO
She can take out Flipkens and then it's between Makarova - who she is 4-0 against 3-0 on HC / or Kerber where her only loss came post AO fatigue.

The real competition starts between Aga/Li - and going into the final should she win I'd rather her have Li tbh
as Aga could bring her YEC self and drag the match out until 3 hours, whereas with Li as least Masha will know she's getting fiercer hitting ready for her most probable final opponent Rena/Vika. Plus she's been training with a lot of ATP rookies so I'm assuming she's building muscle and trying to hit an even bigger ball and return faster serves IMO
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #1587
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Li always makes her opponents play like shit But yeah, their matches can be counted as tough even though Serena almost always wins in straights.

As for Vika, one 3 setter does not mean she can compete with her
She's doing a lot better than Maria. I dont think you're watching their matches. Bar Olympics (where Serena played GOAT) and Blue clay, their matches were close with Vika at least getting a break or being a break up in a set. Thats more than what maria's doing, plus Vika's grinding game style is a much better matchup than Marias. Even if Vika's played like shit so far she hasn't had to play good, she's still winning. When she faces her QF opponent look out. Li as is the only player to have ever beaten Serena after losing the first set 6-0. Don't think Serena would forget that anytime soon. It's just a bad matchup for Serena. Li returns well with pace, has exceptional movement and her ball striking is better than most top10 bar Petra (when on for both). She was giving Maria an epic beatdown on clay last year at Rome until she choked. The only thing Li's missing is the ability to stay focused after breaking and making sure she doesnt make many errors. If it's a Li v Serena final, (which could likely happen) I would say it's 60-40 to Serena. Nobody else from this half is going to beat her if she makes the F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Well technically, Serena's toughest opponent from the Top 10 is Stosur (despite their Charleston match ).

Stosur leads in their GS matches (Serena ) and Serena only demolished her once
Stosur is irrelevant right now. It's in Australia and Serena routed her in Miami as well.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #1588
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see anyone on Maria's side who could stop her from reaching the final to be honest.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #1589
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh, Serena is just unstoppable. Have you even watched her matches? Vikaria was bossed around by an injured journeywoman who once again exposed The Shrieking Demon basic nature. So no Serena is certainly not losing to Vikaria; stop smoking whatever you are smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Hahaha love that gif! Can you link the video? I wanna watch it again.
Nope, sorry!
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #1590
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
I don't see anyone on Maria's side who could stop her from reaching the final to be honest.
I can't believe I have to post that picture in SS again

The last one's Kerber. Couldn't find a better handshake pic.

Don't ever underestimate opponents. Maria wouldn't so neither should you.

Last edited by SilverSlam : Jan 19th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote