AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 105 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #1561
country flag aussiesharapova

aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

She beat Flipkens 3 and 3 (or something rather) at the French in 2010, so she should be ok - hopefully
Q. Thai girl.
JJ: Tiger?
Q. Tanasugarn.
« ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴍʏ ʙʟᴏɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛs !! - тwιттᴇʀ »
aussiesharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #1562
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

This is what serena said in the interview when asked about Venus.

Q. What did you say to Venus at the end of last night's match?
A. She didn't play her greatest. What I said had nothing to do with tennis. Actually I was complaining about someone. I didn't have anyone else to talk to. I said, I'm sorry to bring this up, but I really need to talk to someone (laughter).

I don't think she is talking about Maria here to me it seems this is about a random person she wanted to complain about to her sister hence the "sorry to bring this up but I really need to talk to someone"
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #1563
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
IKR but I liked Maria's last performance over Serena, there was just 3 breaks of serve and she seemed more motivated in YEC final, she was there to win and I could feel it, she was definitely a lot more determined than the previous matches against Serena that's for sure.
But if they play each other in the final, I do expect Serena to prevail but hopefully it's gonna be three sets or two tough sets.
I agree. I think with Thomas' help, Maria is beginning to play Serena at a much higher level. She now needs to learn how to break her serves and make her run. Not keep hitting the ball to her. Take risks. Practise on her volleys. Maria is capable of beating Serena. More so than Vika who was pushed to 3 sets today by an injured Jamie Hampton.

Having said that, I prefer to take one match at a time and not look too far ahead. She has to go through quite a few walls before meeting Serena.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1564
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlympianPova View Post
I agree. I think with Thomas' help, Maria is beginning to play Serena at a much higher level. She now needs to learn how to break her serves and make her run. Not keep hitting the ball to her. Take risks. Practise on her volleys. Maria is capable of beating Serena. More so than Vika who was pushed to 3 sets today by an injured Jamie Hampton.

Having said that, I prefer to take one match at a time and not look too far ahead. She has to go through quite a few walls before meeting Serena.
She was much more competitive vs Serena when Michael Joyce was there (apart from AO and Miami). Of course, I now prefer Hogstedt because he has changed her for the better, however, when it comes to playing Serena she is an even bigger headcase. She's won 16 games against Serena in their last 4 matches (since Hogstedt arrived) and one of them was at Serena's 3rd tournament back from a year of not playing With Joyce she was a power player and was able to outhit Serena at times (AO SF, Charleston, Wimbledon), but in the end, she still lost tho they were competitive matches. Now, thankfully, her movement is better, but serve and return have gotten worse(she needs to work on them) and there is always the mental aspect. I mean if Maria is serving 1st, the first point of the match is a Serena forehand return winner, or if Serena starts first, she hits 3 aces to open the match. After that, Maria gets too tentative and she is not a player who does well defending. She just hits weak shots into the middle of the court not to make errors, but she hits 4 times as hard normal. That's why their match t the YEC was competitive, however even though Maria played really great, Serena's groundstrokes were completely off that day. No matter how good Maria plays, Serena can play at least twice as better, so there is the key issue. However, the reason behind all these beatdowns when she wins 4 or less games is the fact that she gets compeltely frozen without a reason. She should have an attitude like Azarenka. She knows she will lose, but at least she fights versus Serena.
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1565
country flag **mashafierce**

**mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all **mashafierce** is a name known to all

I will never stop believing Maria will beat Serena one day even if it's one of those legends exhibition when they are retired. And maybe it's only my idea but this year she seems more determined and in great shape

Steffi Graf best female tennis player ever
**mashafierce** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #1566
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mashafierce** View Post
I will never stop believing Maria will beat Serena one day even if it's one of those legends exhibition when they are retired. And maybe it's only my idea but this year she seems more determined and in great shape
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #1567
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
She was much more competitive vs Serena when Michael Joyce was there (apart from AO and Miami). Of course, I now prefer Hogstedt because he has changed her for the better, however, when it comes to playing Serena she is an even bigger headcase. She's won 16 games against Serena in their last 4 matches (since Hogstedt arrived) and one of them was at Serena's 3rd tournament back from a year of not playing With Joyce she was a power player and was able to outhit Serena at times (AO SF, Charleston, Wimbledon), but in the end, she still lost tho they were competitive matches. Now, thankfully, her movement is better, but serve and return have gotten worse(she needs to work on them) and there is always the mental aspect. I mean if Maria is serving 1st, the first point of the match is a Serena forehand return winner, or if Serena starts first, she hits 3 aces to open the match. After that, Maria gets too tentative and she is not a player who does well defending. She just hits weak shots into the middle of the court not to make errors, but she hits 4 times as hard normal. That's why their match t the YEC was competitive, however even though Maria played really great, Serena's groundstrokes were completely off that day. No matter how good Maria plays, Serena can play at least twice as better, so there is the key issue. However, the reason behind all these beatdowns when she wins 4 or less games is the fact that she gets compeltely frozen without a reason. She should have an attitude like Azarenka. She knows she will lose, but at least she fights versus Serena.
I have to agree about some points but not everything, I also think that Maria rallies too much these days and against a player like Serena it's not good for her cause she can't defend that well and Serena find a way to put her on the defensive like noone else. Her very aggressive tennis was doing a lot more damage that's true but you do realize that she had to change her approach probably because of the shoulder, and it's also true that she received a lot of beatdowns over Serena but Maria's serve after 2010 became a lot less powerful, not only Serena was hitting her alive at the time(she lost twice to Vika and badly, lost to Wozniacki 1 and 2 in IW) there was a time she was just spinning her serve she wasn't even hitting that hard and against returners like Vika and Serena she was simply no match and put on the defensive very early on but now the serve is much more reliable, she hits more aces and she can hit flat serves again. The speed is much more interesting too.
One thing that I want Maria to do against Serena is serving first, she has more confidence in her serve now there is no reason to let Serena take the lead cause we all know she is gonna hit 3 aces or sth. I was happy that at the YEC when she decided to serve first.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #1568
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Has the AO announced who will be handing out the trophy this year?
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #1569
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Has the AO announced who will be handing out the trophy this year?
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #1570
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Really?
If Masha got two trophies off Monica.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #1571
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Some of you need to acknowledge Vika has a great shot against Serena here, she's always played her tough and makes Serena have to play her best to win.
Really...I only remember 1 match? I could be wrong. But I thought most of Serena's wins were pretty straight forward. Going by their form in this event Serena will have not probs with Vika unless something drastic changes.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1572
country flag jameshazza

Vika has played Serena tough at the AO a couple of times, having to retire a set up in one. But that's when she was a BBB and she was having an on day while Serena played very poorly. The one that was finished was a bit like their USO Final, once Serena managed to focus Vika never had a look in after it.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1573
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Vika has played Serena tough at the AO a couple of times, having to retire a set up in one. But that's when she was a BBB and she was having an on day while Serena played very poorly. The one that was finished was a bit like their USO Final, once Serena managed to focus Vika never had a look in after it.
Whoops totes forgot about that one...my bad
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1574
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Hahaha love that gif! Can you link the video? I wanna watch it again.

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1575
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

The retirement one was the one I meant the most, and even still, she served for it at the USO, and if she hadn't of gotten tight she would have won. She believes she can beat Serena, this surface is Vika's best (ignoring her current form) and it's the worst for Serena (apart from red clay despite her success here). Serena's movement has been a little questionable this tournament due to her ankle and her ageing, she moving slower than I can remember.

Anyways, I'm picking Vika to win, I just feel it.