How is Radwanska going to finish behind Sharapova? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #1
country flag DPJ

DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all
How is Radwanska going to finish behind Sharapova?

The WTA posted on its site the finalized year end rankings, and I just don't get it -- how is Radwanska slated to finish 5 behind Sharapova? Didn't Maria's massive points fall off? And didn't Radwanska at least earn a minimal amount of points this week?
DPJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #2
country flag azmad_88

azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute azmad_88 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is Radwanska going to finish behind Sharapova?

i think even with earning 210, Aga is just few points behind Maria after the points were taken off.. Aga cant overtake Maria until after AO. so she wont be having top 4 seeds for AO

Petra Kvitova - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Li Na - Sloane Stephens - Madison Keys

Will Always Love Kim Clijsters and Elena Dementieva
azmad_88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #3
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Aga needed 17 more points to be better than MS.

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #4
country flag QuitYerWhining

QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of QuitYerWhining has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Aga needed 17 more points to be better than MS.
I thought she was 17 points behind at the start of the tournament, and then gained 210 to pull ahead by 193 points.

Apparently I was wrong.
QuitYerWhining is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #5
country flag Rolling-Thunder

Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future Rolling-Thunder has a brilliant future

Aga is so pitiful. She should have been able to will herself to a win, She needed just a few points to pass an injured Sharapova and she could.
Rolling-Thunder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #6
country flag SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT

SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling-Thunder View Post
Aga is so pitiful. She should have been able to will herself to a win, She needed just a few points to pass an injured Sharapova and she could.
She had a tough group.
SAFAROVA_IS_GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #7
country flag BH both wings

BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of BH both wings has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling-Thunder View Post
I really hoped that she would pay for that disgusting attitude in the Kerber match. If Li doesn't screw up in January and Sharapova returns, Radwanska is 5th seed at the AO. I hope that will teach her a lesson ...
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #8
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Let me explain.

Points from 2012 YEC were taken last week. And ranking is:
Sharapova 5891
Radwanska 5890
Radwanska's 16th tournament without counting YEC points (which are compulsory) was Cincy - 225 points. This week she won 210 points (3 x 70 points), which in next week rankings will change Cincy points, so she would lose 15 points.
Rankings would be:
Sharapova 5891
Radwanska 5875.

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #9
country flag Safina
The One And Only!

Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute Safina has a reputation beyond repute

Even if she ends up 5th, i don't think it will upset her that much, what's done is done, 2014 is a new year, who knows what could happen
Thank You Dinara! Former World No.1(April 20, 2009 – October 11, 2009&October 26, 2009 – November 2, 2009) 3 Time Slam Runner up, 2007 US Open Doubles Slam Champ (W/ Nathalie Dechy)2008 US Open Series Champion,2008 Beijing Olympic Silver Medalist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinara Safina
What I really wanted to say is that what I miss the most of you guys, to the fans, to the people who have supported me throughout my career. Thank you so much for always being there for me.
Aga|Vika II|Robson|Kvitova II|Bartoli I|Hingis V|
Safina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #10
country flag BarsonlyOne

BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of BarsonlyOne has much to be proud of

Its really weird to have her as a fifth seed at a slam, if it happened at the Aussie. I got so you used to her being in the top four, but I'm happy that Li is finally in there. Her game deserves to have her there.
BarsonlyOne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #11
country flag DPJ

DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all DPJ is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPetko View Post
Let me explain.

Points from 2012 YEC were taken last week. And ranking is:
Sharapova 5891
Radwanska 5890
Radwanska's 16th tournament without counting YEC points (which are compulsory) was Cincy - 225 points. This week she won 210 points (3 x 70 points), which in next week rankings will change Cincy points, so she would lose 15 points.
Rankings would be:
Sharapova 5891
Radwanska 5875.
Thanks so much for this! Had suspected last year's Istanbul points had already fallen, but wasn't sure. Really wanted Sharapova to be bumped to 5th seed, but wouldn't have happened anyway with all the points Aga defends the first couple weeks I guess.
DPJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #12
country flag Miss Atomic Bomb

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

Martha's 3/4th season > Radwanska's full season.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #13
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
Martha's 3/4th season > Radwanska's full season.
Martha's 10 tournaments >>>>> Agatha's 21

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #14
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

If she got to the final of wimbledon then we wouldnt be talking right now. It's her own fault.
Old Oct 27th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #15
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Martha's 10 tournaments >>>>> Agatha's 21
True. Sharapova still able to get all those points from a few tournaments, which is a great achievment. No way, Aga should be 4th seeded in AU.
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote