2013 Fed Cup - Polska! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #46
country flag adner

adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute adner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Fed Cup - Polska!

Ula should be able to handle Belgian bagelgirls, so I think even if she loses to Flipkens we'll be fine.
adner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #47
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/144009.aspx

Quote:
16 Apr 2013

Heart Award winners announced

The ITF has announced the first four winners of the 2013 Fed Cup Heart Award. Slovak Republic’s Daniela Hantuchova claims her second career Heart Award for her performance in the World Group and World Group II first round category, while the Zone Group I winners are Poland’s Agnieszka Radwanska, Kazakhstan’s Galina Voskoboeva and Brazil’s Paula Cristina Goncalves. The Fed Cup by BNP Paribas ties took place in February.

The four Heart Award recipients were decided by a public vote on FedCup.com and FedCup.com/es that saw over 23,000 fans make their selection. Ten players were initially shortlisted by a judging panel consisting of ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti and a group of former Fed Cup players and members of the international media. All the winners receive a cheque to be donated to their chosen charity.

Hantuchova, Radwanska and Voskoboeva will all receive their awards during this weekend’s Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group semifinals, World Group play-offs and World Group II play-offs taking place on 20-21 April.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “There were some outstanding performances during the Fed Cup ties in February, so I would like to congratulate all four players for coming out on top of the public vote. The Fed Cup Heart Award continues to reward players for the commitment they make to their team and the competition as a whole. I am sure that all the winners will take great pride in making their donations to charity.”

The Fed Cup Heart Award is an ITF initiative that was first presented to USA's Melanie Oudin at the 2009 Fed Cup Final. It aims to recognise players who have represented their country with distinction, shown exceptional courage on court and demonstrated outstanding commitment to their team. A total of five players will be recognised in 2013.

Agnieszka Radwanska carried her team out of Europe/Africa Zone Group I and into the World Group II play-offs after winning all six of her rubbers in Eilat, including two decisive doubles matches against Israel and Croatia. The world No. 4 managed to deal with the weight of expectation and showed that Poland will be difficult to defeat this weekend.
Well deserved Heart Award for Aga !

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #48
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/144068.aspx

Quote:
Saturday
R1: Alison van Uytvanck (BEL) v Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)
R2: Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) v Urszula Radwanska (POL)

Sunday
R3: Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) v Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)
R4: Alison van Uytvanck (BEL) v Urszula Radwanska (POL)
R5: Ysaline Bonaventure/An-Sophie Mestach (BEL) v Katarzyna Piter/Alicja Rosolska (POL)
Come on, Poland !

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #49
country flag rucolo

1-1 after day 1

Aga def. Van Uytvanck 6-2 6-4

Flipkens def. Ula 6-4 6-3

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #50
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/144477.aspx

Quote:
20 Apr 2013

Hantuchova, Radwanska, Voskoboeva receive Heart Awards

Daniela Hantuchova of Slovak Republic, Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland and Kazakhstan’s Galina Voskoboeva have all been presented with their 2013 Fed Cup Heart Awards at this week’s Fed Cup by BNP Paribas ties.

The four Heart Award recipients from the February Fed Cup ties were decided by a public vote on FedCup.com and FedCup.com/es that saw over 23,000 fans make their selection. Brazil’s Paula Cristina Goncalves was the fourth award winner and will be presented with her award at a later date. All the winners receive a cheque to be donated to their chosen charity.

Radwanska won the Heart Award for Europe/Africa Zone Group I after remaining unbeaten in singles and doubles to help Poland qualify for this weekend’s World Group II play-offs. She has donated her cheque for $1000 to the Polish charitable organisation Brother Albert’s Foundation.

Radwanska said: “It is a very nice feeling. I am very happy and appreciate the award. I have been playing Fed Cup for many years and am ready to play all the time. My charity is a Polish foundation and I hope the money will help other people.”

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “There were some outstanding performances during the Fed Cup ties in February, so I would like to congratulate all four players for coming out on top of the public vote. The Fed Cup Heart Award continues to reward players for the commitment they make to their team and the competition as a whole. I am sure that all the winners will take great pride in making their donations to charity.”

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #51
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/144093.aspx

Quote:
20 Apr 2013

Mixed fortunes for Radwanska sisters

By Stuart Fraser

KOKSIJDE, BELGIUM:
It was a mixed day for the Radwanska sisters in Koksijde as day one of the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group II play-off between Belgium and Poland ended level at 1-1.

World No. 4 Agnieszka had given Poland the early lead with a 62 64 win against 19-year-old Alison Van Uytvanck, before younger sister Urszula, ranked No. 32, lost 64 63 to Kirsten Flipkens in what was a crucial win for the hosts to keep alive their hopes of avoiding relegation to Europe/Africa Zone Group I for the first time since 1995.

Flipkens, ranked No. 22, will now hope to cause an upset when she takes on Agnieszka in Sunday’s first rubber, with Van Uytvanck facing another tall order against Urszula. Ysaline Bonaventure and An-Sophie Mestach have been named to take on Katarzyna Piter and Alicja Rosolska in the doubles but the nominations for both teams will likely change if the tie is still live by the time the deciding rubber comes.

Poland remain the favourites to return to World Group II for the first time since 2010 but captain Tomasz Wiktorowski is as cautious as ever. He said: “Even if I think we are favourites I would say it is 50/50. I don’t want to judge our chances.

“Flipkens and Alison played very good tennis, very high quality, so really we need to be focused and prepared 100 per cent for tomorrow because anything can happen.”

The opening rubber was a massive step up for world No. 183 Van Uytvanck whose only wins this year came in $25k tour events or lower, although she had come up against Agnieszka before in the quarterfinals of the Brussels Open last year, losing 62 61.

The teenager understandably made a nervy start as she quickly went 0-40 down on serve in the opening game and netted a forehand to concede the early break. However, she settled and even claimed a break point at 23, which was saved by Agnieszka with a forehand pass in response to a drop shot from the young Belgian.

Agnieszka, though, went on to claim the double break for 5-2 when Van Uytvanck hit her lob long and the Pole comfortably held to love to win the first set in just 34 minutes.

Van Uytvanck’s power has many speaking of her potential and she began to show it in the second set, hitting a number of winners off both wings – the total winners count at the end of the match actually showing that she hit 33 to Radwanska’s 27.

Another break point opportunity was missed by the Belgian, though, at 3-2 when she netted a backhand. Radwanska then broke for 5-4 but had to save three more break points at 0-40 before closing out the win as Van Uytvanck netted on match point.

Agnieszka said: “Alison played good tennis today, especially in the second set when she started to play much better and much more aggressive so I really had to play my best tennis today to win that match.”

The second rubber between Flipkens and Urszula was always set to be the key match for the hosts this weekend and it got off to an edgy start from both as breaks were exchanged twice early on before Flipkens broke once more to take the opening set 64, with Urszula netting a backhand volley on the Belgian’s second set point.

Sitting at a career-high ranking of No. 22 coming into this match, Flipkens was proving the steadier player as the rallies went on, utilising her backhand slice to great effect. It was this shot which earned her the break in the second set for 3-1, Urszula netting her effort at the slice in response.

Although Flipkens immediately lost the break, she got it back at the crucial moment to go 5-3 up before closing out the match to the delight of her former Fed Cup teammate Kim Clijsters who was watching from the stands.

Flipkens knows she now has to step up her game even more against Agnieszka, who she recently lost to in the quarterfinals of the Sony Open in Miami in a tight three-set match.

She said: “I haven’t won against a top four player yet. I was close in Miami but against these players, they are always there on the important points. They know when they have to put a little bit more pressure or play a little closer to the lines. I think I have to be not 100 per cent but 200 per cent to have a chance tomorrow.”

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM   #52
country flag Rest Maria!

Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute Rest Maria! has a reputation beyond repute

4-1
Rest Maria! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:17 PM   #53
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future

Polska

Full results:

Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) d. Alison Van Uytvanck (BEL) 62 64
Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) d. Urszula Radwanska (POL) 64 63
Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) d. Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) 46 61 62
Urszula Radwanska (POL) d. Alison Van Uytvanck (BEL) 61 64
Piter/Rosolska (POL) d. Bonaventure/Mestach (BEL) 63 46 10-7
Jerem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM   #54
country flag rucolo

Poland back in World Group 2 !

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 11:38 AM   #55
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/144123.aspx

Quote:
21 Apr 2013

Radwanska sisters seal World Group II berth

By Stuart Fraser

KOKSIJDE, BELGIUM: The Radwanska sisters were the heroes once again as their two singles wins clinched Poland’s return to World Group II for the first time since 2010 with a 4-1 victory over Belgium in the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group II play-off.

Agnieszka fought back from a set down to beat Kirsten Flipkens 46 61 62, giving younger sister Urszula the chance to clinch the tie for the visitors which she duly did, beating Alison Van Uytvanck 61 64 in just over an hour before being hoisted in the air by her teammates and coaches in celebration.

After the withdrawal of world No.35 Yanina Wickmayer prior to the tie, Poland were the clear favourites according to the world rankings but there was still a deep sense of relief for Polish captain Tomasz Wiktorowski that his side had managed to overcome a considerable fight from the hosts.

Wiktorowski said: “Of course the rankings are a useful tool to describe the quality of the players and on paper we were stronger. But we knew that both girls from Belgium were very good and Kirsten showed high quality tennis of the top ten. Every point was on the edge so we are really happy we passed through this match.”

The match between world No. 4 Agnieszka and Flipkens, ranked No. 22, was expected to be a tight affair, the pair having played a tight three-set match just a few weeks ago in Miami with the Pole coming out on top, and so it proved as the first game lasted 11 minutes in which Agnieszka saved two break points before holding.

Both were making full use of their gifted hands with a lot of variety which made for some entertaining exchanges. It was Flipkens, though, who took the first set, breaking for 54 after Agnieszka’s pick-up from a Flipkens volley was called out which the Pole was not too happy about before the Belgian served it out with a classic serve and volley play on her first set point.

Agnieszka put the frustrations behind her in the second set, a drop shot and lob combination earning her the break for 31 before racing through the next three games to level the match.

With Agnieszka and Flipkens having to hit close to the lines to break the other’s defence, there were a number of line calls which aggrieved both players. After Agnieszka broke for 32 in the decider, there were two consecutive calls which angered Flipkens so much that she threw a water bottle in disgust before a lengthy exchange with the umpire.

With Flipkens having lost her focus, Agnieszka pounced and took full advantage. Another break for 52 gave Agnieszka the chance to serve out the match and she clinched the win on her second match point as Flipkens put a volley wide.

Agnieszka said: “I think every game was so tight, a lot of running, a lot of tight rallies. When we play we always have long matches and long rallies so I knew I would have to be patient and wait for the good moment to attack and then put on some pressure.”

The sense of deflation amongst the crowd at the Tennisclub Koksijde after Flipkens’ loss told the story. Although Van Uytvanck had put up a decent effort against Agnieszka the previous day, it was a big ask of the 19-year-old to beat Urszula, ranked 151 places above her at No. 32, to keep Belgium in the tie.

Urszula raced through the first set in just 25 minutes as she worked her opponent all over the court. Although Van Uytvanck’s power off the ground is impressive, the teenager will have to work on her movement if she is to fulfil her potential.

A double break for 52 in the second set gave Urszula the chance to serve out the tie. There was a slight wobble as she was broken to love and Van Uytvanck pulled it back to 54 but the Pole made no mistake on her second attempt, claiming the win on her first match point as the Belgian hit long.

Urszula said: “I played really solid today. Alison is a tough opponent so I needed to play my best and I did. I had 5-2 in the second set and I just lost the concentration a little bit. But I came back and I think that was the most important thing.”

The defeat sees Belgium, who won the competition in 2001, drop to Euro/Africa Zone Group I for the first time since 1995 but captain Ann Devries was content with the efforts of her players against tough opposition.

Devries said: “I am proud because of the way my players performed. It was a really tough one but I saw some great tennis. Kirsten played two great matches and then we had to play Alison who did well in both matches but it was just not good enough to win against players of this level.”

In the dead doubles rubber, Katarzyna Piter and Alicja Rosolska inflicted more woe on the hosts as they beat Ysaline Bonaventure and An-Sophie Mestach 63 46 10-7 in one hour and 25 minutes.

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #56
country flag rucolo

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/145064.aspx

Quote:
After a brief foray in World Group II three years ago, Poland return once more thanks to the commitment of the Radwanska sisters. Their efforts in Eilat, Israel earlier this year saw Poland clinch promotion from the notoriously difficult Europe/Africa Zone Group I at the third time of asking and the prospect of World Group tennis is something which Agnieszka is looking forward to.

“That’s why me and Urszula are both here and I am playing Fed Cup every year,” said Agnieszka. “It is a big thing for Poland.”

Although playing a much lower-ranked opponent in Van Uytvanck, Urszula can take confidence from the way she clinched victory for her country on day two, the first time she has had the opportunity to win a tie for Poland on the singles court.

In the past 12 months, the 22-year-old has established herself on the WTA tour, rising more than 60 places in the rankings to No. 32, and her improvement, coupled with the presence of her older sister, make Poland a team that are capable of progressing further beyond World Group II, although captain Tomasz Wiktorowski is hoping for some luck in July's draw.

“Probably a lot depends on the draw” said Wiktorowski of his side’s future prospects. “I didn’t even take a look who was playing because we were really focused on this tie. But, as far as I know, there are a couple of teams which I don’t want to say are on our level but are in our range for sure.”
Aga and Ula

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !