Aussie Season of FUN 2013 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #46
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie Season of FUN 2013

I still think her mind is by far the biggest problem, not her body. When she panics she cannot hit even the easiest balls in. I can't remember the last time I saw such panic in a top 20 pro player, except perhaps Novotna's legendary performance against Steffi in Wimbledon which I watched on youtube a few months ago. I guess Anna Kournikova used to get this way with her serve.

If she wasn't panicking so much she would never lose a match like this. Stressing out has become her default mental mode when the match gets tight. She has to crush people easily to avoid it, otherwise the danger of it is very high.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #47
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
I still think her mind is by far the biggest problem, not her body. When she panics she cannot hit even the easiest balls in. I can't remember the last time I saw such panic in a top 20 pro player, except perhaps Novotna's legendary performance against Steffi in Wimbledon which I watched on youtube a few months ago. I guess Anna Kournikova used to get this way with her serve.

If she wasn't panicking so much she would never lose a match like this. Stressing out has become her default mental mode when the match gets tight. She has to crush people easily to avoid it, otherwise the danger of it is very high.
Mind is the biggest problem.. but body is as well.. Ana isn't fit.. she has no stamina.

But yes.. these panic attacks she has are ridiculous. She needs help for this..

She was panicking before the match even began.. so it was not even just about crushing the other player.. or seeing the other's level of play.. she can't handle the situation.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #48
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
I don't know why you guys are turning against AMG.. I'm not trying to defend her or anything.. but she is 30 and never beats anyone of notice.. Ana is crap at tennis but miraculously is still a big name. She is just happy.
So much gamesmanship to win an exho match from a 30 yo. That's embarrassing. Toilet break, taking forever to serve, the racket thing, arguing with an umpire to additionally screw Ana's brain. We all know that Ana is mentally fragile, but if AMG wanted that win so badly, she could've get it without gamesmanship, from the second point it was visible that Ana was beatable. Horrible behavior and this is not the biggest match she ever played.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #49
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
So much gamesmanship to win an exho match from a 30 yo. That's embarrassing. Toilet break, taking forever to serve, the racket thing, arguing with an umpire to additionally screw Ana's brain. We all know that Ana is mentally fragile, but if AMG wanted that win so badly, she could've get it without gamesmanship, from the second point it was visible that Ana was beatable. Horrible behavior and this is not the biggest match she ever played.
This tbh. Well said.
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #50
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
But yes.. these panic attacks she has are ridiculous. She needs help for this..
When the camera showed her face during the first game, I was in shock. You could see she was barely breathing. Yesterday in the end of the mixed doubles there was something that looked similar in a situation when it was absolutely absurd. I don't know if she ever addressed it. It happens few times a year at least on the court.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #51
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
When the camera showed her face during the first game, I was in shock. You could see she was barely breathing. Yesterday in the end of the mixed doubles there was something that looked similar in a situation when it was absolutely absurd. I don't know if she ever addressed it. It happens few times a year at least on the court.
Yes.. I was also really worried by just looking at her before the match even started. This is something she must address.

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #52
country flag gaviotabr

I hope Ana bounces back quick from this.. horrid performance all day

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #53
country flag Vasa

Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all

fuck my life, perfect description
Vasa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #54
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

First, Garrigues was not the first serious opponent Ana faced, Schiavone is a former Slam champ and always a threat.
It's just that the Spaniard played the match of her life and Ana was not fresh enough in the end, that match was a small marathon. At last, I don't think we have that much to worry about, this was still an exhibition and a real tournament looks much different. I just hope she's healthy and fit.
As for us, don't ask us how it feels, we experience it as a national tragedy. The third time we got screwed in these finals. I'm plain depressed.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #55
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing them getting so close and losing in the end was disappointing but then again, getting all the way to finals is a good start. Ana tried, what she came up with wasn't enough and Anabel was simply too good today. Hopefully it won't upset her but motivate her to get AMG back for all those late serves and drama today.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #56
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

That was a terrible finish to a good start . Better to focus on all the matches she's won, rather than lost. Still, Ana only lost 1 game to AMG last time they played . And how the hell did Ana get aced so many times?

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #57
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how Ana's going this week. Anxious for her Aussie Open draw!

BTW I went to Day 1 of men's tournament in Auckland and got autograph from Thomaz Bellucci. He seemed nice. There was a big line for an autograph but he still managed to smile for everyone. He was also taking photos with people, but when I got to first in the queue a tournament staff person said 'no more photos' .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #58
country flag gaviotabr

Tough draw for Ana.. bottom half

Czink
Hantuchova
JJ
Aga
Na
Sharapova

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #59
Hot Messes Need Love

This isn't so bad IMO. I'm a bit wary of Hantuchova, but JJ's not playing well enough to even make it R3 I bet, and if we're really optimistic she could get a very tired Radwanska.

I think we can look forward to another 4R appearance at least .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #60
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
This isn't so bad IMO. I'm a bit wary of Hantuchova, but JJ's not playing well enough to even make it R3 I bet, and if we're really optimistic she could get a very tired Radwanska.

I think we can look forward to another 4R appearance at least .
With the way Ana is playing, I'm not sure she will beat Czink, who is a lefty who won their last match.