Brisbane R1: Gajdosova d. Vinci 4-6, 6-1, 6-3 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #31
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1: Gajdosova d. Vinci 4-6, 6-1, 6-3

Is it just me or do you guys also think he was hitting with more topspin on her groundies and was in general not ball bashing as much???

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #32
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Is it just me or do you guys also think he was hitting with more topspin on her groundies and was in general not ball bashing as much???
Yep, I think she's definitely working the topspin more, particularly when she gets a low short ball. It meant that she had more consistency and less soul-destroying UEs.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 03:31 AM   #33
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeh, I thought her shots weren't going as flat as they used to be. She also stuck in the rally at times. Loved those return winners

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 03:32 AM   #34
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't know about the topspin, but she wasn't "ballbashing" (for once). She was building her points in a nice way, choosing the best choice of play available. At least at the end of the match, since I didn't see most of the 3 sets.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #35
country flag Six Feet Under
Cake 4eva

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Made me smile
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #36
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome win for Jarmila! So happy she won! The match point was awesome! lol

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #37
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Great!Jarka
Vinci
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #38
country flag RobinT83

RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of

Roberta
Bad start of the season, she usually beats those players thanks to her craftiness and variety, quite embarrassing performance for her- she's still rusty i guess.

Last edited by James : Dec 30th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
RobinT83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #39
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinT83 View Post
Roberta
Bad start of the season, she usually beats those players thanks to her craftiness and variety, quite embarrassing performance for her- she's still rusty i guess.
You actually think that
She just isn't good noug to beat players who consistently hit the ball hard and make her move

Last edited by James : Dec 30th, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #40
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Can someone make highlights of this match? I want to watch that second and third set over and over.

So proud of Jarka.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #41
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see Jarka!
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #42
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka I love you!! Please keep this up So happy she has gone back to Wilson as well, such a better fit for her game!
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #43
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
Jarka I love you!! Please keep this up So happy she has gone back to Wilson as well, such a better fit for her game!
This
She exchanged whatever control she had in her Wilson for extra power in the Babolat that not only did she not need but meant age couldn't make a ball
If Maria is off and Jarka is on, I think he is finally in the state of mind to finish off the match he almost did at US Open 2010

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #44
country flag A-Bond

A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute A-Bond has a reputation beyond repute

Jarmila This is just great, I'm so happy! This must mean so much to her! Really hope that things are going upwards from here. Looking forward to 2R vs. Sharapova

Too bad they had to play each other in 1R as I like Vinci as well, but Jarmila really needed this one much more.
A-Bond is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #45
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

jarka great stuff, impressive!
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote