Venus Whips Out Tons of Errors! Job as Rena's Doubles partner in question.... - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #136
country flag acelovesvenus

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of
Re: Venus Whips Out the Water Color and Blue Hair To Claim Daphne

People already counting Venus out,She has to take it a match at a time but I hope she tears Sharapova up!!! Time to fix the head to head & maintain her perfect record over her in grand slams.
acelovesvenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #137

acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of acelovesvenus has much to be proud of

What people aren't thinking about is the fact that Venus has won her last 8 matches and Sharapova hasn't played since the yec,and she's coming off from a slight injury.Venus will know what she has to do and will be pumped.I'm sure she'll talk to Serena,but if Venus plays to her potential then the match is in her hands.And I know Venus will fight with every ounce of strength,like the champion she is.I like her draw,it's tough,but that'll make her alert from the get go. Excited,I honestly feel like Venus is going to have a very good run here.
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #138
country flag MajesticVenus
La Reine V.

MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute MajesticVenus has a reputation beyond repute

Voskoboeva in the first round is not nice for Vee. Oh well, put your friendship aside. Shame for Voskoboeva, she is so fun and her game is really beautiful.

Masha in the third round... this time I feel she will win (unless she puts every shot to Masha's backhand again). Also, Cibulkova is playing VERY WELL so she is dangerous.

Every time I see Kerber now is like "this woman needs her weave to be snatched 0 and 0 asap". Venus if you go all the way against her and lose, I prefer you to go out to Masha. Anyway, come on Venus! Pull this thing off!!!!!!

"I will bounce back, with or without your support."
MajesticVenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #139
country flag nathanj594

nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute nathanj594 has a reputation beyond repute

I think if Venus is playing her best tennis, she can beat anybody on the tour (Maybe besides Serena, but that ruins my melodrama!!) So damn the draw! I just want my Vee in the second week! Go get 'em Venus!

Ree & Vee - Sveta Kuz - Kleybanova
nathanj594 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #140
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

So I think Venus won't play until Tuesday...?

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #141
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

She needs to come out focused and ready from the start with that opening round. Voskoboeva is inconsistent but she's not a pushover and it'll take some winning. 2R should she make it looks more comfortable, and then comes the big one

Sharapova really isn't a bad one to get imo. Yes, Errani or Kvitova would have been much better, but she escaped Serena, and Maria hasn't played a proper match since the YEC and has been nursing a minor injury so her form and focus is questionable. And we know that Vee knows how to beat her in a grand slam. If she keeps hitting her bhdtl like she has then rather than crosscourt constantly (like in Rome ) then she could really expose Povas movement and put pressure on the rest of her game.

Daring to look past that, Cibulkova should be tired by then, and Kerber hasn't been playing the kinda tennis where a QF run is guaranteed. Who knows. Definately could've picked worse draws.

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #142
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

I hate that it'll almost certainly be the night match though. Venus seems to be doing better in the daytime/heat lately. At night she tends to come out flat. Hopefully she's learned from those experiences in 2012 and can prepare herself a little better this time.

But Voskoboeva first.

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #143
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
So I think Venus won't play until Tuesday...?
why do you think that? I want a monday start because i've taken the first three days off work.

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #144
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
why do you think that? I want a monday start because i've taken the first three days off work.
Someone said that Vika's half will play Monday since she's the defending champ.

They'll probably schedule their doubles on Vee's off days though, so from Tuesday onward we'll probably get to see her for like 12 days in a row.

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #145
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Galina scares me
She can be dangerous....and regardless of current form, you know she'll play lights out against Vee!
Hope Vee will be in the zone

Not gonna lie here but Maria is a horrible draw Certainly not impossible for Vee to win but she needs to bring that backhand from Perth and of course have an amazing serving day to stand a chance.
Kinda annoyed now that Maria will get two matches to play herself into form

Anyway, one match at a time! Go Vee
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #146
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

I know this should be in the News thread, but it's dead now

Tennis Stars Johanna Konta and Jarmila Gajdosova Show Love for
EleVen By Venus Williams

New York, NY – January 10, 2013 –Active lifestyle apparel brand EleVen By Venus Williams
announced that Johanna Konta (WTA ranked #153) and Jarmila Gajdosova (WTA ranked #167) will
be the first official brand ambassadors to wear the line in a major tournament. Johanna and Jarmila
will both be wearing styles from the Spring 2013 collection at the upcoming Australian Open
Tournament starting January 14, 2013.
In the qualifying singles at the Australian Open, Johanna Konta will wear the Break Point Dress in
white, cream, and aqua. Competing in the main draw, Jarmila Gajdosova will wear the Oh and Oh
Love Tank and Flutter skirt in peach and white. Additionally, Venus Williams will be wearing the
Cross Court Floral dress described as a floral watercolor design in aqua, peach, cream, and white
with thin black contrast binding at the bust, waistline, and sleeves giving it special detailing.
Johanna Konta, 21, the up and coming player who was recently nominated to Great Britain’s Fed
Cup, is very excited to support the brand. “As an athlete I have always been interested in my
performance and style on court;” says Konta adding, “ I love how EleVen by Venus Williams marries
performance and style the brand makes me look good and I feel great wearing it.”
Jarmila Gajdosova, 25, who holds the 2011 WTA Hobart Championship title, with a career high
ranking at #25, is just as honored to support the brand. "Venus' passion for artistic expression and
athletic performance is evident in her line EleVen by Venus Williams,” says Gajdosova. “If you want to
be daring and wear a print, mix or match, or just go classic, you should have that freedom of fashion
in whatever you do.“
As a true active lifestyle brand, making fashion and sports history with unique looks on the court,
EleVen by Venus Williams is pleased to welcome both Konta and Gajdosova into the family. “I’m
very excited to have Johanna and Jarmila as brand ambassadors,” says Venus Williams, tennis great
and brand founder. “They are not just great tennis players but they are both great people, who
appreciate style and performance, making them the perfect match for EleVen By Venus Williams.”
The Spring 2013 collection of EleVen By Venus Williams launches January 16, 2013 and will be
added to the current collection available at local retailers, tennis shops, and online at
EleVenByVenus.com.
About EleVen By Venus Williams
In 2007, Venus Williams debuted a collection of classic tennis dresses and sportswear. In 2012, Venus Williams re-launched EleVen as
a true active lifestyle brand available to customers. This fresh start for the line embodies the designer’s iconoclastic approach to lifestyle
activewear: strong, simple, and iconic. EleVen By Venus Williams is sold at tennis shops, specialty boutiques, and online at
EleVenbyVenus.com.
About Venus Williams
Venus Williams became a professional tennis player at age 14, beating the #50 player in the world in her first match. She has 21 Grand
Slam titles and has three Olympic Gold Medals. A classically trained designer, Venus graduated cum laude with a degree in fashion
design from the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale and owns interior design firm, V Starr Interiors.
Venus is a role model on many levels, maintaining her training schedule, working with charitable organizations, and her role as
spokesperson for current and former tour players, and teams of talented youth.
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #147
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

The Venus haters are already out in full force and are perched in GM waiting for Granny to lose. How adorable!

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #148
Chance
Keeper of Secrets

Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future Chance has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
The Venus haters are already out in full force and are perched in GM waiting for Granny to lose. How adorable!
I know huh.. one of those sharpy fans irks the crap out of me .

Just checked and Vee has never played Galina. So that adds more to the nerves.

Veelieve
Chance is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #149
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Galina is tough, but that backhand is such a glaring weakness and that forehand is a MESS so far this year, so she should be fine. But Jehovah knows Galina will probably bring her game against Vee

Not commenting on Maria until they are set to face each other.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #150

Rodionova looks really nice in Venus outfit right now,Looks like she's about to close her match out