The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2013 - Page 133 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1981
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all
Re: The Maria Sharapova Picture Thread 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
We can all have our conspiracy theories about this relationship. From the little I may presume to know of Maria, the pictures tell me there's not one chance that the timing of the outing was set up or that this is part of a ploy from the IMG man.....just my view....

And by the way, welcome to the Forum!!!
"From the little I may presume to know of Maria (& Max)" they do a great job by directing Maria's Life for the public... and they are quit right, we are a nosy bunch...
But I like the picture they paint... the handsomest couple in the tennisworld...
Sebastian222 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #1982
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

The only trepidation I have about the relationship is whether it turns into something like Woz/Rory and becomes a distraction. I do believe one for reason Woz's downfall is that much of her heart isn't with tennis because it's mostly with McIlroy. She seems very smitten with him and travels and hangs out with him as much as possible.

To be consistantly successful on this tour and a top 10 player, you'd better eat, sleep, and breathe tennis. It's the selfish part of me talking, but I want Maria to play elite, championship tennis for the next 3 or 4 years and I want to continue seeing the drive and hunger from her to get better. But if she really falls for this guy, who's to say that her priorities might not shift. Sacrificing training and practice time to cultivate this relationship would hurt her.

Her happiness is all the matters in the end though, so we'll just have to see where this pairing goes.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #1983
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I don't think Maria would let something like that happen to her though she just loves competing too much and is always driven to be the best. It's easier for me to picture her compromising her relationship if it holds her career back rather than the opposite.
PimpMePova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #1984
country flag roddo1234

roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Check 'em out folks, best quality/size that I have seen so far.

roddo1234 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #1985
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Honestly.. Em.. Why is she so tight and his right hand, why does he have a fist?? Besides, it is funny how her relationships progressed - from not even holding with Charlie, to holding hands with Sasha, to kissing Grigor on the streets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Maybe after Grigor defeated Novak they decided to celebrate by going public? I mean it had to be his greatest day as a tennis player yet and he could have wanted to celebrate and be "reckless" and just act like a real couple?
He can want whatever he wants but if Maria and IMG do not agree to that, it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
We can all have our conspiracy theories about this relationship. From the little I may presume to know of Maria, the pictures tell me there's not one chance that the timing of the outing was set up or that this is part of a ploy from the IMG man.....just my view....

And by the way, welcome to the Forum!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizay View Post
Doesn't all this seem too superficial? in the sense that as soon as he beat Novak, they outed themselves... I mean couldn't they have atleast waited till the end of the tournament or something?
This just sort of feels like another of Max Eisenbud's business strategies for Sharapova that she has a boyfriend who is successful so that sort of qualifies him for the position of her bf...hence they can now be allowed to be seen in public! =/
On the contrary, here is not Maria in the center of the position of having a "successful" BF (afterall she is still way way more successful, experienced and dominant than him ), it more smells to me of Nike's promotion of Griogr as the next best thing. First they glued him to Serena, then they started agressively promoting him by photosessions and pics and the next day when those pics came out there was him following Maria all around in Milan. Hmm.. A real couple? Yes. But it still made me raise my eyebrows a bit. Since them none of them confirmed it when directly/indirectly asked.. Whispers, rumours, writings are good - that is a better publicity than staying quiet, and they did good - by not admitting they ensured people would write/wonder about them --- if they went official in December/January - the media would have lost interest after 3 months. Now that Grigor finally is rising and playing well and defeated a top dog - it suits to Nike to go public with their relationship and wear Nike by doing it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian222 View Post
"From the little I may presume to know of Maria (& Max)" they do a great job by directing Maria's Life for the public... and they are quit right, we are a nosy bunch...
We are but we get the things earlier then the mainstream media.. We knew about the breakup with Sasha by analyzing things and we weren't surprised, we know about Grigor since December...

Last edited by MM_1257 : May 9th, 2013 at 08:35 PM.
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #1986
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh, I don't believe this 'relationship for publicity' thing at all. Yeah, they're both with Nike, but an awful lot of tennis players are, and yeah, he's wearing Nike, but this is a 21 y/o guy who is a professional sportsman and gets Nike clothes for free. Come on, it's not that surprising. And Maria isn't wearing any branded stuff at all. And if they were doing it for publicity, they have handled it in the worst way possible. They've supposedly been together for about 5 months now, and you can bet your arse that nobody outside of the tennis world knows about it, and I'd bet there's an awful lot of people who do follow tennis that don't know about it.

I just don't see why everything has to have such a grand explanation behind it. Two tennis players in a relationship, what a bombshell! There MUST be an ulterior motive, as this has never ever happened before!

Also, we all know what a shit actor Maria is.
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1987
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Tbh, I don't believe this 'relationship for publicity' thing at all. Yeah, they're both with Nike, but an awful lot of tennis players are, and yeah, he's wearing Nike, but this is a 21 y/o guy who is a professional sportsman and gets Nike clothes for free. Come on, it's not that surprising. And Maria isn't wearing any branded stuff at all. And if they were doing it for publicity, they have handled it in the worst way possible. They've supposedly been together for about 5 months now, and you can bet your arse that nobody outside of the tennis world knows about it, and I'd bet there's an awful lot of people who do follow tennis that don't know about it.

I just don't see why everything has to have such a grand explanation behind it. Two tennis players in a relationship, what a bombshell! There MUST be an ulterior motive, as this has never ever happened before!

I didn't say it was strictly publicity and just for publicity.. I say that they also might play a role in it, like a 3rd party in the relationship.
Just because of the timings..
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #1988
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post

As those photos prove
She looks like she's about to kiss a frog.
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #1989
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

God, I thought the other fanbases were filled with the conspiracy theorists
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1990
country flag roddo1234

roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute roddo1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been reliably informed by the powers that be that this 'relationship' is nothing more than a
conspiracy to deceive the poor unknowing tennis fans.
This terrible fraud has not been organised by Max, rather it has been spread bit by bit, becoming more believable
by the day, by the same conspiracy theorists who say man has not been to the moon.
roddo1234 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #1991
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
God, I thought the other fanbases were filled with the conspiracy theorists
We are not sheep whose thoughts are determined by our fanbases.
We are individuals, first of all.
Second of all, that is not a conspiracy theory. It's a fact.
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #1992
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

I'll stick to being a potentially naive sheep choosing to believe that not every move Maria makes is a PR stunt.
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #1993
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:
I'll stick to being a potentially naive sheep choosing to believe that not every move Maria makes is a PR stunt.
Whatever works for you
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #1994
country flag Sebastian222
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all Sebastian222 is a name known to all

Well, the one thing I hope is that what we have seen all these years somehow was real... I don't like reading a book about her life after she stops with tennis the "Agassi-Style".

"Keeping up appearances" is a great british sit-com but I hope not the way of life of our Lady because Nike, Max or whoever thinks that's the best thing to do... but sometimes, I cann't help it.. I'm afraid that...
Sebastian222 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1995
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

well this topic went offtopic...
All these theories about publicity stunts, money & sponsors... I dont know WHAT YOU really WANT to believe about someone you follow - almost religiously - day by day.
(This doesnt want to be an attack, its just I dont understand the point of this. Entertaining your inner fandom? I'm not sure.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
The only trepidation I have about the relationship is whether it turns into something like Woz/Rory and becomes a distraction. I do believe one for reason Woz's downfall is that much of her heart isn't with tennis because it's mostly with McIlroy. She seems very smitten with him and travels and hangs out with him as much as possible.

To be consistantly successful on this tour and a top 10 player, you'd better eat, sleep, and breathe tennis. It's the selfish part of me talking, but I want Maria to play elite, championship tennis for the next 3 or 4 years and I want to continue seeing the drive and hunger from her to get better. But if she really falls for this guy, who's to say that her priorities might not shift. Sacrificing training and practice time to cultivate this relationship would hurt her.

Her happiness is all the matters in the end though, so we'll just have to see where this pairing goes.
You did not just compare the woman naming a whole candy line after herself and the other one who is carrying someone else's golfbag around... because that would be really stupid, completely different characters and personalities, but thats just my 2 cents.