Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #1426
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

WIsh she does ask for an WC

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery

S. Crawford | L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 26th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #1427
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Do you think that Charleston would grant one IF Caroline asked for it,or would they tactfully refuse?
Oh I am pretty sure they would give her one if she requested it (unless they've already given them out, I only know Petkovic has got one). I was more saying there doesn't seem to be any suggestion that she will request one.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1428
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

They will announce all of their wildcards this week! But I don't think that Caro has asked one!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #1429
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I was hoping she would have tried to keep her late season run from 2012 alive when 2013 started. But that ended first match.
Then she said she was motivated again, and since then lost to Wang & Muguruza.
So I think her career is in deep trouble. And you can hear from what Davenport says, people in tennis media want to say she was never any good, that she played a lot in a soft era.
They only way she can defend against that is to make herself relevant again.
Everything we've seen for 2 years makes it look like her being relevant will be a very difficult struggle for her. And it should have started with the Pervak match. hard to imagine it will happen on clay or grass
Sadly her results over the last two years seem to prove her nastiest critics right. She never had a slam final on her ranking as number one and did not have a winning record against the top five. Against the very best players on the biggest stages she did not deliver the way that a number one ranked player is expected to. Unless she drastically improves her results in the near future she will be remembered as a weak number one like Ivanovic, Jankovic and Safina.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #1430
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Oh I am pretty sure they would give her one if she requested it (unless they've already given them out, I only know Petkovic has got one). I was more saying there doesn't seem to be any suggestion that she will request one.
In re WCs,I suspect that some tourney bosses make their decisions based on how the player carries herself professionally;i.e.,will she appreciate the WC by giving a sincere effort.For all of the criticisms of her performances,I haven't heard anyone accusing Caroline of half-assing it in her matches.

Personally,if I were a tourney boss with a nice event,I wouldn't give Lisicki a WC--unless she had announced some sort of high-profile,swimsuit photo shoot at our tourney site--because I'd suspect that she might come out with a pathetic,NON-effort in her opening match...and then concoct some asinine,fake illness as an excuse for her 6-2,6-2 loss before quickly flitting off elsewhere.Montreal caught some flak a couple years ago when they refused to grant a WC to a formerly-high-ranked player.They did an amateurish,classless job of handling it in the media but,bottom line,I think that they didn't wanna cast their WC pearls to swine...someone who'd show her gratitude with a tank-ish,totally-uninspired loss.

Even though Caroline doesn't command quite the same respect that she used to,she's still a fairly decent attraction for many fans,I suspect...plus she'd at least make a fair effort in her matches and even help the tourney out with any reasonable promo requests.At a smaller Premier like Charleston,it'd be worthwhile to have her there,IMO

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #1431
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Sadly her results over the last two years seem to prove her nastiest critics right. She never had a slam final on her ranking as number one and did not have a winning record against the top five. Against the very best players on the biggest stages she did not deliver the way that a number one ranked player is expected to. Unless she drastically improves her results in the near future she will be remembered as a weak number one like Ivanovic, Jankovic and Safina.
Yeah, thats clear. Since she lost her #1 Caroline only won 5 matches at the last 4 majors.
She keeps this up she'll be remembered as one of the weakest number ones.
But it doesnt seem like she can change things, or she would have better results by now.
Serena is in her 30's. The future is wide, but only to players who can get deep into draws at big tournaments over & over
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #1432
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Well, as for me they can waffle all they want. It doesn't matter what they say, they always harped on Caroline because they wanted a ballbasher with a slam on the top. The fans often react differently than the 'critics'. As long as she is popular with the audiences and enjoys what she does it's all good.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #1433
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Went browsing in the Articles thread but you good folks didn't have any updates there.Any news about Caro's current training or is she merely taking some sort of break??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #1434
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the last update from Twitter is that Rory has left to play another competition (if that cheers some of you up)
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #1435
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Went browsing in the Articles thread but you good folks didn't have any updates there.Any news about Caro's current training or is she merely taking some sort of break??
Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, the last update from Twitter is that Rory has left to play another competition (if that cheers some of you up)
I can't find any Caro news at least in english. Perhaps one of the Danes could chime in about the Danish media.

If I had to guess, I'd say she's probably already on or going to take a vacation of some sort. I hope she doesn't take too long a vacation as she definitely needs a lot of time to work on her game. I suppose a lot may depend on whether she has an accurate impression of the state of her game.

That doesn't necessarily mean much as Caro could show up to watch him.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #1436
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

looks like Caro will be playing Charleston!

Quote:
PGATOUR.COM: Being two globetrotting superstars, has that made it tough to see Caroline?
McILROY: Yeah, it is tough. I think anyone in their relationship when they travel a lot and don't see each other for quite long periods, it's difficult. A lot of time on the phone, a lot of time on Skype, just trying to catch up with each other as much as you can, trying to make it work as best we can because we both really want to.

PGATOUR.COM: Will she be at the Masters with you?

McILROY: Yeah, she's playing in Charleston (S.C.) the week before, so it's not a long trip from there. She doesn't have a tournament that week, so it just depends if she feels like she can take the week off. I hope she comes up.

McIlroy Q&A: On pressure, lessons learned and home decor with Caroline
http://www.pgatour.com/news/2013/03/...rs-wacker.html

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #1437
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She doesnt need more Tier 2's. She needs to get thru early rounds at majors & Tier 1's.
I still am trying to make sense of her Miami. Losing on a non tv court to a total noncontender at one of the bigest hardcourt tournaments. Starting down 1-5.
Its a new Caro, and a very inconsistent player now. Plays like she has no coaching

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #1438
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Rory is playing Houston Open, Mar 28-31 .. according to his schedule. Charleston starts Apr 1st and Rory doesn't have to be in Georgia before Apr 11th.

I could see her try to get a WC for Charleston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
looks like Caro will be playing Charleston!
I could say, I told you so

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1439
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Crap, I wanted her to go to Monaco and practise on the clay that matters, now she's "playing" this and afterwards golf time...I officially expect nothing from the clay season

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #1440
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Crap, I wanted her to go to Monaco and practise on the clay that matters, now she's "playing" this and afterwards golf time...I officially expect nothing from the clay season
Yeah, no reason to expect a good clay season.

I'm watching these matches in Miami, and the level of play is not high. Maria-Vesnina was not well played, neither is Maria-Errani now.
Aga's 3 set matches arent high level.
The old Caro from spring 2011 would be right in the middle of these tournaments.
Yet her game isnt improving, and her head is not as focused as she used to be.
Its almost like she's wasting her career, although she's still young and maybe she needs a vacation from tennis and then restart

Closed Thread