Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 94 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #1396
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Caro seeded 6 for Stuttgart but it won't make things easier for her, as we know she can lose to anyone these days, especially on clay!
http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pa...urrent_players
I think that's just the list, Errani is listed last on there.

just checked the website and they have some damn awful photo of the 4 German girls, you could barely recognize them with all the photoshop, I'm assuming they are supposed to be Goerges, Petkovic, Kerber & Lisicki.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #1397
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Caro will be seeded #6 or #7 for Stuttgart depending on what way round her and Stosur are at the time. It doesn't actually matter which way round anyway.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #1398
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
oh, yeah, I guess there's no chance that Errani won't play!
But as Ozza noted it doesn't matter if she seeded 6, 7, or 8.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #1399
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If that would happen all hope that she will ever be a serious contender again will be gone as far as I'm concerned. The time to improve - with or without Piotr - is NOW. If not, it will be too late.
Not necessarily. Na Li, Sam Stosur and Vera Zvonareva all played their best tennis after the age of twenty-five. Of course Caroline had much more success early in her career and could be completely different than them. It is unlikely that she will get much better later in her career but it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, like I said in my previous post, the tme to improve is now - not next year. That doesn't mean that she all of a sudden should start winning slams or beating the likes of the top three, but the curve of that line that has been going down for more than 18 months now (ok, we've been at a status quo for the last six I suppose) needs to at least go up again as soon as possible. One could argue that she has time because she's still young, but I've never known a player that is up for two or three years followed by a few (comparitively) poor seasons, only to end up being on top of the pile again in the years after that. Not unless there were injuries or personal BS involved like in the case of Sharapova and Capriati respectively.
Hmm, that makes me wonder if we could construct some kind of graph or pie chart to illustrate her decline and what she needs to do to fix her game. Maybe if she had it laid out to her in that way it would be easier for her to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post

just checked the website and they have some damn awful photo of the 4 German girls, you could barely recognize them with all the photoshop, I'm assuming they are supposed to be Goerges, Petkovic, Kerber & Lisicki.
Wow, Petkovic and Kerber kind of look themselves but Lisicki looks...off...and the first one, that can't be Goerges, can it? Perhaps the wrong picture was used? Or is there an up and coming German player that I am unfamiliar with?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1400
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Not necessarily. Na Li, Sam Stosur and Vera Zvonareva all played their best tennis after the age of twenty-five. Of course Caroline had much more success early in her career and could be completely different than them. It is unlikely that she will get much better later in her career but it is possible.

A lot of players peaked early and never were as good again.
With Caroline, it seems like a question of motivation. If she wants to get back into the top 4, why is she starting down 1-5 to Muguruza at a hardcourt mandatory?
Why couldnt she close in the Premier 5 in Brisbane where she was up a set vs Pervak and lost?
It seems a lot like Jankovic & Ivanovic, where she cant either focus or perform, anywhere near where she used to.

Its gone on for so long now that one decent result seems to mean nothing, like Miami last year and IW this year. There's no consistency anymore. And now she's heading to a surface where she didnt perform at all last year after a strong Miami/Copenhagen
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #1401
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
A lot of players peaked early and never were as good again.
With Caroline, it seems like a question of motivation. If she wants to get back into the top 4, why is she starting down 1-5 to Muguruza at a hardcourt mandatory?
Why couldnt she close in the Premier 5 in Brisbane where she was up a set vs Pervak and lost?
Match scoreline developments don't always speak to motivation.Just today,Serena started off down 2-6,1-4 to Domi,and I'd say that Ree was more motivated than most.Also,Aga just failed to close out the 1st set,and lost it,after being up a break on Stephens...and Aga seems fairly motivated in her career,too.The developments you refer to,IMO,have more to do with Caroline's lack of close-out weapons(in the Pervak case)and inability to put players on the defensive(as in the Muguruza case).In the latter situations,it's easier for players to feel confident if they can begin matches in their comfort zones w/o being thrown off balance.When they face one of the elite power hitters,they are often worried and nervous prior to the opening service...wondering how they'll cope with a powerful serve or forehand.Rising young gals like Muguruza usually don't fear Caroline cuz she has very little to threaten them with right now(as long as they're not making UEs or bad tactical mistakes).That gives them assurance to come out firing from the beginning and just play their games.

You DO have just cause for bringing up motivation,though: Where's the motivation to get a serving coach??Or hire a respected,outside consultant who could help Piotr??And where's the motivation,often manifested as anger,that comes from substandard losses??In short,you were justified in mentioning motivation,but didn't apply it in the ideal context

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1402
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post

You DO have just cause for bringing up motivation,though: Where's the motivation to get a serving coach??Or hire a respected,outside consultant who could help Piotr??And where's the motivation,often manifested as anger,that comes from substandard losses??In short,you were justified in mentioning motivation,but didn't apply it in the ideal context
I cant figure out what she's doing, unless she has already accepted that she's going to be like Jankovic and just play the tour to keep her endorsements that are long term.
I dont see any urgency. And we all discussed how crazy her scheduling is.
An Int is by far her best chance for a title this year, and she took one right after Doha & Dubai, when she should schedule the week off.

So it looks like there's a great chance she will go a long way this year without a 2013 title.

These decisions about no full time coach, her schedule, they all say she's just going thru the year, Jankovic-style. Especially the way she falls behind at so many big tournaments. How can they not have addressed that by now?

Even if she's just not good enough to win a big title, at least fight thru the early rounds like Aga does

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #1403
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, JJ actually has a title so Caro's not going through the year like her... I think that there is a lot in Caro's game that has regressed, just by watching her play now you don't even need to understand technical side of tennis to notice that she is having a hard time trying to put pressure on her opponents who play aggressive tennis. This is a result of experimenting with her game too much last year which probably created a lot of confusion about what's the best style for her. IMO Caro has lost some of her 'base' in her game and in order to improve she needs to get it back.

I am of the opinion that as long as she is happy with the team she has there's no point changing it even though someone else could be better. The thing is, if people don't gel and create a good team their expertise won't make a difference. Not to someone like Caro, who probably won't trust just anyone. So, the task is now on Piotr's shoulders.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1404
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ clam down ya yeah she just lost too a player she should've beat but alot ya over look the fact that she just made a final at IW last week which is a Premier Mandatory which i can say noone saw coming, also she already made QF or better in 3 event which is a good start compare too 2012, I would agree she had some odd loses & loses too player she have no business too losing too, But IMO this year a better start then 2012, I think she still need too work on her serve & FH the most as well as net skills, I also like too see her get better as a clay court player if not this year then over the years to come. & also the season is justing startin & still early, so there much time for Caro too make more deep run in event and win an event & IMO she not playing the worst tennis outta the all the top 10 player.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #1405
country flag goldenlox

If losing to Pervak, Wang, Muguruza, and Kuznetsova twice doesnt wake her & her team up, then what will?
I just watched Sveta get blown off the court by Ivanovic, and Sveta lost the next round after both wins against Caro.
She used to be so consistent. That part of her mental game just totally went away

IW she beat Petrova & Vesnina, got a w/o, then played a slumping Kerber. Not better than 2012 Miami, imo

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1406
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ You can't except every year too be the same as 09-11 she going have her up & down through out her career

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #1407
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ You can't except every year too be the same as 09-11 she going have her up & down through out her career
Thats for sure. But I think only 8 players were YE #1's back to back, so where she's been the last 2 years doesnt seem right.
Maybe she should treat her round 1,2 matches like a semifinal or final, and really have the opponent scouted and be prepared. They got to do something to get past players like Muguruza and Pervak and Wang and Begu and Mchale and Safarova...

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #1408
country flag Trey

Yeah she had some bad loss as well as shocking i fully agree, i think she need too Improve on some area on her game her Serve mostly she should really try Flatten her serve out more. i like too see her back into the top 5 & before she retire at least win a slam

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #1409
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I cant figure out what she's doing, unless she has already accepted that she's going to be like Jankovic and just play the tour to keep her endorsements that are long term.
I dont see any urgency. And we all discussed how crazy her scheduling is.
An Int is by far her best chance for a title this year, and she took one right after Doha & Dubai, when she should schedule the week off.

So it looks like there's a great chance she will go a long way this year without a 2013 title.

These decisions about no full time coach, her schedule, they all say she's just going thru the year, Jankovic-style. Especially the way she falls behind at so many big tournaments. How can they not have addressed that by now?

Even if she's just not good enough to win a big title, at least fight thru the early rounds like Aga does
I agree that Kuala Lumpur was a bad choice of international due to scheduling reasons. I am not really sure though that I get this point of just getting a title on the board for the year. To me she could have won Kuala Lumpur and if she didn't make Istanbul and ended back at Sofia, it's still a disaster year, she's not really gaining much in winning an international which let's face it had one of the weakest draws of the year, either in confidence or achievement. It's a good achievement to be winning any title you can when you are up and coming, or lower ranked, it's adding virtually nothing to your career though when you have achieved what Caro already has. Take Jankovic recently winning Bogota, it's nice probably to be back in the winning circle, but in the context of her career really it means next to nothing.

One problem she will encounter when you are lower ranked is you can't always get to play the international you wish to play. Eg. Petra wanted to play and defend Linz last year, but couldn't. Reality is, Caro isn't going to be first choice anymore.

One thing I do find strange though is her choice of international at the end of season. She has chosen Luxembourg. For 2 reasons I find this strange. Firstly it is a reasonably tough international. Secondly, if she finds herself in a situation after USO where she is not in the top 8 places in the race she is going to struggle to catch up the ground when she can only play Tokyo-Beijing-Luxembourg. It would seem the Asia internationals could have provided her with more leeway, in a sense that she should win them, and it would allow her to play Moscow if she is required to do so.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1410
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ clam down ya yeah she just lost too a player she should've beat but alot ya over look the fact that she just made a final at IW last week which is a Premier Mandatory which i can say noone saw coming, also she already made QF or better in 3 event which is a good start compare too 2012, I would agree she had some odd loses & loses too player she have no business too losing too, But IMO this year a better start then 2012, I think she still need too work on her serve & FH the most as well as net skills, I also like too see her get better as a clay court player if not this year then over the years to come. & also the season is justing startin & still early, so there much time for Caro too make more deep run in event and win an event & IMO she not playing the worst tennis outta the all the top 10 player.
I don't actually think it has been a better start than 2012 really. She will actually go into her next event having collected less points at this point this year than she had last year having played 1 event more (Brisbane), and probably having beaten on average better players last year. In reality I don't think there is too much to separate them. The biggest concern I have is at this point last year she didn't feel that far from the top group of players. Right now, she feels a long way away from challenging the top group of players.

I do find it hard to believe though that her clay and grass court season can possibly go as bad as last year.
Closed Thread