Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1246
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

that's a really tough draw but if she wants to go up in the rankings she has to beat those top players!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Mar 18th, 2013 at 07:34 PM.
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #1247
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
that's a really tough draw but if she wants to go up in the rankins she has to beat those top players!
I'm may be getting this wrong but yesterday the commentator mentioned that since she became number one in October, 2010 Caroline was 3-8 against top five players. Does that sound correct? Whatever the numbers are for a former number one she doesn't have an impressive record against the top five.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #1248
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I check & see How many top 5 players she beat & then post it

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #1249
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm may be getting this wrong but yesterday the commentator mentioned that since she became number one in October, 2010 Caroline was 3-8 against top five players. Does that sound correct? Whatever the numbers are for a former number one she doesn't have an impressive record against the top five.
Caro was 1-2 against top 5 players from the 2010 YEC through 2011 Indian Wells (win & loss against Zvonareva, loss against Kim) and 2-2 if you extend that time period through 2011 Wimbledon (add a win against Schiavone to the previous group). Caro is 0-6 against top 5 players after 2011 Wimbledon through now.

I think the commentator is counting Caro's win against Zvonareva in the Beijing final even though Caro technically wasn't #1 yet.

Btw, when are you going to start carrying your share of the pessimistic burden around here?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #1250
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro was 1-2 against top 5 players from the 2010 YEC through 2011 Indian Wells (win & loss against Zvonareva, loss against Kim) and 2-2 if you extend that time period through 2011 Wimbledon (add a win against Schiavone to the previous group). Caro is 0-6 against top 5 players after 2011 Wimbledon through now.

I think the commentator is counting Caro's win against Zvonareva in the Beijing final even though Caro technically wasn't #1 yet.

Btw, when are you going to start carrying your share of the pessimistic burden around here?
I thought that post was me carrying my share of the pessimistic burden around here?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1251
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's all about how high our expectations are. If we expect that she's going to win majors or get back into the top three we're in for a misarable time because that just isn't going to happen, not in the forseeable future anyway. But if we lower the bar a bit and don't demand anything unrtealistic we can have some fun. Sounds corny, I know, but last week was on an emotional level the best week I've had all year. And it's all thanks to Caroline. She really lifted my spirits. It was so exciting to see her doing well again at a big event. She didn't win it, but I didn't expect her to beat Sharapova anyway. But she made it to THE FINAL when no one of us expected that she would. Caro is playing well again. Not well enough to beat the very best, but she's doing the best she can. What more can we expect?

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1252
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I agree with Chrissie-fan I think the best goal for her this year from is too get back into the top 5, Win a title or 2, & make a QF-SF At the Majors. I Still hope she can win a Major down line in her career but I don't think it be this year

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1253
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, it's all about how high our expectations are. If we expect that she's going to win majors or get back into the top three we're in for a misarable time because that just isn't going to happen, not in the forseeable future anyway. But if we lower the bar a bit and don't demand anything unrtealistic we can have some fun. Sounds corny, I know, but last week was on an emotional level the best week I've had all year. And it's all thanks to Caroline. She really lifted my spirits. It was so exciting to see her doing well again at a big event. She didn't win it, but I didn't expect her to beat Sharapova anyway. But she made it to THE FINAL when no one of us expected that she would. Caro is playing well again. Not well enough to beat the very best, but she's doing the best she can. What more can we expect?

Aww, Chrissiefan, your post are so nice her heart would melt. You're so cool

marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #1254
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

My expectations are in the middle. I expect her to have a much better clay/grass spring than 2012. Get to USOpen seeded 4-8, and finish near #4
Next year in the top 4. I think she can do that. Keep beating noncontenders, and she'll do that
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #1255
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
My expectations are in the middle. I expect her to have a much better clay/grass spring than 2012. Get to USOpen seeded 4-8, and finish near #4
Next year in the top 4. I think she can do that. Keep beating noncontenders, and she'll do that
I was just thinking, so far, 2013 does feel more like 2009, than 2012 .. And she did finish #4 that year

However, I think just sneaking into YEC is more realistic and that's what I personally hope for.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1256
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

With Azarenka's withdrawal, Caro's position in the draw moves right? Or wrong ?
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1257
country flag Trey

^ I would think it would move ?

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #1258
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Aww, Chrissiefan, your post are so nice her heart would melt.
Well, we watch her matches, often even at impossible hours. We discuss her, we suffer with her, we celebrate with her.....in short, we love her and she's a part of our lifes. Nothing wrong with showing our appreciation every now and then.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #1259
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Well I know the draw would change. I just don't know how it exactly changes.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1260
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If she makes it official before the Tuesday's oop is released:

Sharapova takes Azarenka's spot.
Li will take Sharapova's spot.
Wozniacki takes Li's spot.
Cibulkova takes Wozniacki's spot.
Safarova takes Cibulkova's spot.
Lepchenko takes Safarova's spot.
Shvedova takes Lepchenko's spot.
Q/LL takes Shvedova's spot.

Is she makes it official after the Tuesday's oop is released, but prior to the 1st match of the event:

Shvedova takes Azarenka's spot.
Q/LL takes Shvedova's spot.

After play has started:

Q/LL takes Azarenka's spot.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread