Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 81 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #1201
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

^ Let wait for the draw come out first

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #1202
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Sam and Jo are great - in fact Sam is the best analyst ever as far as I'm concerned. Annabel Croft is ok as well. I have nothing against Simon or what's his name ("how do you like the dress, Jo"). Frew is the best of their male commentators though. Chris Bowers is the only (sometime) eurosport commentator that I can't stand. All in all the eurosport team is pretty terrific in my opinion. I miss them.
Have you had a chance to listen to US commentators and if so what'd you think?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #1203
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Kvitova just lost to Kirilenko in Indian Wells. Ok she just handed over the match, but Kvitova has a tendency to do that. As you say if Caro isn't beating Kvitova in Miami, she isn't beating her anywhere. We will have the draw soon enough anyway.
Even more relevantly,she has had difficulty following up titles with steady play in successive tourneys.Of course,Caroline hasn't put together long stretches of high-quality play for a while,so maybe that's something that the two of them share

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #1204
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kvitova just lost to Kirilenko in Indian Wells. Ok she just handed over the match, but Kvitova has a tendency to do that. As you say if Caro isn't beating Kvitova in Miami, she isn't beating her anywhere. We will have the draw soon enough anyway.
Kiri lost a close match to Kvitova in New Haven last year and beat her at the Olympics.

Now is she just lucky to play an awful Kvitova all those times or she is doing something to cause that situation?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #1205
country flag Protoss

I don't necessarily think Caro would have fared much better against Vika in the quarters but I think Vika is more playable for Caro.

Vika plays more rallies than Sharapova and her groundstrokes don't have as much pace. Their return of serves are pretty close on Sharapova's good days and I'd say Sharapova has a lot better serve on her good days.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #1206
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't necessarily think Caro would have fared much better against Vika in the quarters but I think Vika is more playable for Caro.

Vika plays more rallies than Sharapova and her groundstrokes don't have as much pace. Their return of serves are pretty close on Sharapova's good days and I'd say Sharapova has a lot better serve on her good days.
There you go, no undue pessimism just objective analysis. That wasn't so hard, was it?
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #1207
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get a chance to watch the I/W final ... but 2 & 2 ... I'll skip the high lights *sighs* .. at least the first big final in 2 years!!!! and up to 7 in the race.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #1208
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Maria was not going to let Caro get into long rallies. She was going to blast the ball into corners as soon as possible.
Caro has to make quick decisions in this kind of match. She didnt play well enough. She had good chances to be down 34 both sets instead of 25, but either way, she was outplayed, and 5 sets in a row where Maria was up a double break.

But if she's ever going to win a major, first she has to get thru the draw to the main contenders again. Then she has to deal with this kind of match. You have to serve well and play well when you have an ad, or its 30- all, deuce. She was average and Maria played like top 3
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1209
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Do we know, what # Caro is seeded at for Miami?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #1210
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Confidence is part of it, but part of it is her game is just not there yet. I mean Caro literally didn't get on top at any point, she didn't even threaten a come back really. I didn't think her fight was missing, she just didn't seem to have any way of influencing the match today.

The problem with your suggestions is there a lot harder to do vs Sharapova than Kerber. Sharapova is hitting a lot flatter, heavier, harder ball at you. It's much harder to hit dropshots consistently, especially if you are not that confident in doing so. Errani was able to hit a couple of nice drop shots vs Sharapova that won her the points, but she could implement it so little that it failed to have much of an effect. You're not going to be hitting drop shots if your opponent consistently has you pinned behind the baseline.

As for moonballs, in my opinion trying that today would have been suicidal. Maria is one of the best moonball killers in the game. It doesn't surprise me that Caro didn't go to it today. And that is without going into the fact that it will be harder to hit deep moonballs off of the ball Maria gives you.
Hmm, then what do you think would work with a player like Sharapova? Net approaches? Lobs? I wonder how did Aga beat her last year in Miami and how the heck she achieved to win a set with just one winner there
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #1211
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Do we know, what # Caro is seeded at for Miami?
#9.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #1212
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
#9.
I wanted to hear #8, but thank you for replying.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #1213
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
#9.
Does that take into account that Stosur has withdrawn?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #1214
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

I agree, Vika is a better matchup for Caro. I don't know if it's just me but Caro doesn't have enough power to keep up with Sharapova these days. Back in a day she was stronger, now she probably focuses on being fast to be able to grind it out.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #1215
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Players like Kvitova & Sharapova hit aggressive shots and they can go off form.
Caro has to extend this kind of match. A few points, ads and break points are huge in a match like this.
Maria did not play as well as this in 2012 Miami final. But even if Petra or Maria look 'on', Caro has to play key points well & keep the match going. Cant give up, especially at majors, like Li match

Its disappointing because a close final would have us more optimistic, but her effort level is excellent and I'd like to see the same in Miami. Cant let one loss be a deterrent to a successful comeback to the top

Sharapova has had embarrassing losses also. Cant let it stop you from focusing & competing
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread