Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 80 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #1186
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Yes,Caro has improved,but let's hope for at least a DECENT showing in Miami;loads of players can have a solitary,nice tourney,yet mediocre players rarely do well at back-to-back events.If Caroline strives to become great again,then she must distinguish herself from merely GOOD players by doing well for stretches and not just singular events

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #1187
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
She was totally outplayed today. I think she lacks confidence on big stages, she did little to trouble Sharapova. I don't know where has the fight from yesterday disappear but today she just did not mix things up much. No moonballs, one measly dropshot, no lobs, no nothing. Just metronomic ballbashing which is what Sharapova likes.
I didn't expect her to win today but I'd certainly expected a better fight from Caro. She just lacked it today and gave in quite easily.
Confidence is part of it, but part of it is her game is just not there yet. I mean Caro literally didn't get on top at any point, she didn't even threaten a come back really. I didn't think her fight was missing, she just didn't seem to have any way of influencing the match today.

The problem with your suggestions is there a lot harder to do vs Sharapova than Kerber. Sharapova is hitting a lot flatter, heavier, harder ball at you. It's much harder to hit dropshots consistently, especially if you are not that confident in doing so. Errani was able to hit a couple of nice drop shots vs Sharapova that won her the points, but she could implement it so little that it failed to have much of an effect. You're not going to be hitting drop shots if your opponent consistently has you pinned behind the baseline.

As for moonballs, in my opinion trying that today would have been suicidal. Maria is one of the best moonball killers in the game. It doesn't surprise me that Caro didn't go to it today. And that is without going into the fact that it will be harder to hit deep moonballs off of the ball Maria gives you.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #1188
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro was in every match she lost this year, until this one. Maria was going to force the issue, attack. But Caro knew that, and she didnt handle it. They played close last year, right before Maria won big clay titles.
I wouldnt overreact to it. This is like a slam semi. Caro has to serve well, play every point on her serve well.
Reminded me of when Li turned the 2011 AO SF around. Caro has to keep her level up, serve well. She gets frustrated when her opponent is playing like this. She has to hang in there. Sometime the big hitters hit a bad stretch if you can extend the match by holding your serve
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #1189
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Based on the seedings, Caro is scheduled to play a top 10 player in the 4th round of Miami. Ugh. That seems a bit too soon for a top 10 clash to me. I'd prefer a potential matchup with a top 10 player not before the quarters.

The possible seeds for Caro in the 4th round are Li, Kerber, Errani, and Kvitova.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #1190
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Based on the seedings, Caro is scheduled to play a top 10 player in the 4th round of Miami. Ugh. That seems a bit too soon for a top 10 clash to me. I'd prefer a potential matchup with a top 10 player not before the quarters.

The possible seeds for Caro in the 4th round are Li, Kerber, Errani, and Kvitova.
Caro has proven she can handle Kerber and Li and I'm curious about how she and the 'new' Errani match up. The one I'd most like her to avoid this early is Kvitova.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #1191
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Caro has proven she can handle Kerber and Li and I'm curious about how she and the 'new' Errani match up. The one I'd most like her to avoid this early is Kvitova.
Kvitova isn't necessarily the worst draw. Kvitova is 2-5 lifetime in Miami. She hates the conditions there, she cannot handle the humidity. In her press conference after losing this week she already said she is not looking forward to going to Miami, this wouldn't point to going in with the greatest confidence. I would imagine if Caro draws Kvitova, there is a good chance Petra doesn't even make the 4th round. I would say Li is the worst draw, but even she has massive question marks given she hasn't played in one and a half months.

Last edited by ozza : Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #1192
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The draw will be interesting. So will how she plays on clay.
Its exciting that she's chosen the hard road, working hard when she's financially set & doesnt have to.
After the AO, if you said she'd be in the IW final, I wouldnt believe it. Now I expect her to compete hard in Miami and do well

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #1193
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Kvitova isn't necessarily the worst draw. Kvitova is 2-5 lifetime in Miami. She hates the conditions there, she cannot handle the humidity. In her press conference after losing this week she already said she is not looking forward to going to Miami, this wouldn't point to going in with the greatest confidence. I would imagine if Caro draws Kvitova, there is a good chance Petra doesn't even make the 4th round. I would say Li is the worst draw, but even she has massive question marks given she hasn't played in 2 and a half months.
In Miami Kvitova usually loses to a big hitter like Venus, Clijsters or Lisicki so I'm still not sure Caro would win, though it might be the place with the best chances for our girl. But supposedly Kvitova's asthma couldn't handle the North American summer, either. That didn't stop her from winning the USO series last year, though.
It's 1˝ months without play for Li.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 12:10 AM   #1194
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
In Miami Kvitova usually loses to a big hitter like Venus, Clijsters or Lisicki so I'm still not sure Caro would win, though it might be the place with the best chances for our girl. But supposedly Kvitova's asthma couldn't handle the North American summer, either. That didn't stop her from winning the USO series last year, though.
It's 1˝ months without play for Li.
Kvitova just lost to Kirilenko in Indian Wells. Ok she just handed over the match, but Kvitova has a tendency to do that. As you say if Caro isn't beating Kvitova in Miami, she isn't beating her anywhere. We will have the draw soon enough anyway.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #1195
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

When is the main draw coming out for Miami ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #1196
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

As far a today result tough & Bad lost Pova was on fire, But I happy she made the Finals. There alot she have Improve on but there still so much more improving she have too do such as her serve and FH can get better on finishing off shot.I know ppl may say I sound crazy but I love too see her back in the top 5 & win a Major before Her career over. I hope she get a good draw for Miami

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #1197
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
When is the main draw coming out for Miami ?
Tomorrow 11:30am local time. That is 4:30pm CET.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 12:35 AM   #1198
country flag goldenlox

Same thing in Miami. Get to a YEC player. Thats very important.
Here she beat Kerber, lost to Sharapova. Thats certainly better than most of this year so far. Its going in the right direction.

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #1199
country flag Trey

Sam Stosur just WD for Miami

Old Mar 18th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #1200
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Definitely expecting big things from Caro in Miami. Reaching the finals of IW should give her a lot of confidence. I predict at the very least she will make the semis!
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread