Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #106
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Good point,and I'm afraid the answer would be no. She has already tried two different coaches and neither suited her needs. I think that it's going to remain on Piotr's shoulders at least for this season. But that might be for the better,though. It was him who helped her to win two titles last year and score a win against a top 10 player in ages.
I think that he is a big help for her, the problem is that he cannot go on the court for her when she is not going by his instructions. And judging by the last loss, she probably isn't.
What's appalling sometimes is the simplistic mindset that exists at TF;people either unfairly bash Piotr as if he had totally failed to raise his daughter correctly...and then there are those who go to the other extreme in suggesting that it would be some sort of traumatic sacrilege if Caro ever got a typical coach and let her coach/father return to being just dad...neither is an intelligent summation.On the one hand,despite the Slam shortcomings,Piotr did fairly well for someone w/o a coaching pedigree,both as a coach AND a father,in helping Caro achieve what she has done in life.In re the other side of the extreme,Mary Pierce had some great success after parting ways with a warped,controlling father who was far worse than Piotr could ever be on his worst day and,IMO,she wasn't as mentally strong as Caro....that is to say,if SHE was able,than Caroline most likely is,too

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #107
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I Wonder Now Long it will take before Caro ready too Break outta her shell and wants be Coached by a real Coach beside her dad, someone who willing to help her improve her game hopefully that happen soon
I think this is a key year. If Caroline has another year like 2012, it becomes a save-your-career situation.

Right now it looks like the way she prepares for matches doesnt help her win them. And that should be the whole point of the preparation: to win titles. To be a factor at majors.
Its not just working hard, its working smart. Trying to get the mental toughness back, that seems to be the biggest problem
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #108
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
What's appalling sometimes is the simplistic mindset that exists at TF;people either unfairly bash Piotr as if he had totally failed to raise his daughter correctly...and then there are those who go to the other extreme in suggesting that it would be some sort of traumatic sacrilege if Caro ever got a typical coach and let her coach/father return to being just dad...neither is an intelligent summation.On the one hand,despite the Slam shortcomings,Piotr did fairly well for someone w/o a coaching pedigree,both as a coach AND a father,in helping Caro achieve what she has done in life.In re the other side of the extreme,Mary Pierce had some great success after parting ways with a warped,controlling father who was far worse than Piotr could ever be on his worst day and,IMO,she wasn't as mentally strong as Caro....that is to say,if SHE was able,than Caroline most likely is,too
I am not one of those,actually. Had she been doing well with either of coaches that were hired then there wouldn't be an issue. But she wasn't,it's as simple as that. One coach never fit in the team and with the help of the other one the only 'highlight' she achieved was her first-ever R1 loss in a slam.So, I can't see any reason why she should be so keen to drop the only coach who has ever helped her achieve something in her career. Her and her dad have a very special bond as many observed. Such relationship is difficult to re-create with a stranger especially after 15 or so years of being coached by one person. She's wise to leave things as they are.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #109
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I am not one of those,actually. Had she been doing well with either of coaches that were hired then there wouldn't be an issue. But she wasn't,it's as simple as that. One coach never fit in the team and with the help of the other one the only 'highlight' she achieved was her first-ever R1 loss in a slam.So, I can't see any reason why she should be so keen to drop the only coach who has ever helped her achieve something in her career. Her and her dad have a very special bond as many observed. Such relationship is difficult to re-create with a stranger especially after 15 or so years of being coached by one person. She's wise to leave things as they are.
Those were part time coaches. This was the #1 player for 2010, 2011. Early in her career. Now she won 2 titles in the last 16 months.
Lets see how this year plays out. Losing to Pervak in a hardcourt Tier I while Caroline is healthy is one of her worst losses in years.
Caroline won 5 Tier I's in a row, mid 2010- spring 2011.
Something seems wrong. But maybe this was a one-off fluke.

Old Jan 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #110
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Those were part time coaches. This was the #1 player for 2010, 2011. Early in her career. Now she won 2 titles in the last 16 months.
Lets see how this year plays out. Losing to Pervak in a hardcourt Tier I while Caroline is healthy is one of her worst losses in years.
Caroline won 5 Tier I's in a row, mid 2010- spring 2011.
Something seems wrong. But maybe this was a one-off fluke.
Even if things do pick up for Caro, I don't see her acheiving those post 2010 Wimbledon run type results again.

I think it would be more appropriate to compare her results to an earlier period such as 2009 or the 1st half of 2010.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #111
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Tough draw for Caro but there aren't many draws that would be considered easy for her these days. Based on the draw she should make it to the quarters but just winning in the 1st round would be pretty good at this point.

Good luck Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #112
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

wat time will her match start in usa

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #113
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever we think about the coaching situation and Piotr - it could be a lot worse. I used to be a fan of JJ and Kim. JJ got to #1 at the end of 2008. I think it was immediately after the AO 2009 that she fired Sanchez as her coach. She tried a coach for a fortnight and was confused so let him go. So she went for a little while without a coach at all. In fact in her career - JJ has had Sanchez three separate time periods - firing him twice but then coming back to him.

Whatever players without a coach may say - and I've heard JJ, Ana Ivanovic, Kim in 2006, heard them all say when they didn't have a coach how they didn't really need one and knew what they needed to work on and could do that with a hitting partner. But the times when they had no coach at all - their game just got worse.

At least with Piotr Caro has got a coach and has never been without a coach at all.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #114
country flag goldenlox

Good start in Sydney after that disaster in Brisbane.
Now this draw will tell a lot, and Melbourne is where she needs her best tennis

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 03:18 AM   #115
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Let me say that,as a Latino,I'm all in favor of keeping things within the family,but sometimes love can creep into dependency...to an unhealthy extent.I can't honestly say whether Caroline has crossed that line or not,yet we can't deny the possibility that something could happen which would make Piotr unavailable as a coach.God forbid...but it's occurred several times within my OWN family...that Piotr got cancer and was too ill to tour with Caro......Would she simply retire at that point??(I wouldn't fault her if she did,btw)If,indeed,Caroline is unable to succeed with any other coach,then that's not exactly the best endorsement for her level of mental toughness.Again,Piotr certainly hasn't been a BAD coach,per se;however,he's raised some reasonable doubts with some of his approaches

Having said all that: Nice win today,Sunshine

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #116
country flag Protoss

Caro plays the winner of Goerges/Kuznetsova in the 2nd round.
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #117
country flag bruce goose

In case anyone has forgotten,Caro is 5-2 vs. the 2-time Slam winner with 4 straight triumphs,including that memorable 2009 USO match

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #118
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Sven Is down there with her today

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #119
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Sven Is down there with her today
Ugh. I hope this means she isn't working with Adidas development team.

I think they're close to useless.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #120
country flag Trey

she need someone too train with atm

Closed Thread