Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 77 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #1141
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Maybe Woz should let Mcilroy dress up in drag and play. I mean, he does have a 100% record against pova.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1142
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverforget View Post
I didn't mean for the match. I meant for her complete breakdown of her history as a player. In my eyes it was vicious.

As far as this match goes, if she comes back I will be amazed. It has been horrible. Go, Caroline.
Yeah, Lindsay Davenport is vicious in her comments about Caroline.
Its strange because Davenport was called "Dumptruck" She was a fat ugly mess that almost everyone made fun off. Plus she spent 8 years on the tour after January 2000, going slamless and spent time at #1 then, while she was choking bad at majors.

Davenport took tons of criticism, both about her looks and her choking, you would think she would show a little more respect to other top players
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #1143
country flag neverforget

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

Amen
neverforget is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #1144
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its strange because Davenport was called "Dumptruck" She was a fat ugly mess that almost everyone made fun off. Plus she spent 8 years on the tour after January 2000, going slamless and spent time at #1 then, while she was choking bad at majors.

Davenport took tons of criticism, both about her looks and her choking, you would think she would show a little more respect to other top players
Damn!This is a good post....I actually feel a little jealous of it.Pressfolk haven't attacked Caro as much in recent months--perhaps out of sympathy for her drop in the rankings,but I often turn down the sound on live feeds because the audio sometimes annoyingly stops and starts due to the weak connection,so I may have missed some critical comments.

Just wondering: Do the commentators who bash Caroline EVER criticize the slutty and/or dizzy underachieving wannabe cover girls who have abysmal fitness routines--usually withOUT a respected fitness coach--and then try to blame their minor injuries on b.s. excuses like 'bad luck'?Or are the commentators too "polite" to hold those WTA embarrassments accountable...only reserving their harsh comments for Caroline??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #1145
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Lindsay's problem with Caroline is the same GM claims to have with her: Caro committed the horrific sin of winning a lot with a different style of play. As far as the critics are concerned the only proper way to win is to be aggressive at all times and hit lots of winners. People love to rag against people who go against the status quo in any way even if it's unintentional.

And really even when she was playing Lindsay always seem to have this snotty rich bitch attitude that was just underneath the laidback beach girl image she tried to portray.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #1146
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What a contrast this all sounds to Sam and Jo. They are brilliant and respectful commentators with a lot of insight even though their tennis careers were not as good as Lindz.

I actually saw a nasty side to Lindz way back in 2007 against JJ. Lindz was in her comeback year and played JJ at Bali in 2007. JJ of course was off the map compared with Linz in 2005 but was now a much better player - and was now better than Lindz. Anyway JJ was in total control a set up and something happenned - I can't remember what but she was furious about it and had a long go at the chair umpire. Well she fell apart and lost and completely imploded. That was a terrible loss of control and focus by JJ. You have to learn to draw a line under those things and not let it affect your play. Lindz said exactly the same thing after the match and criticised JJ for imploding like that.

The following week they had a rematch at Beijing. When JJ lobbed a ball back at the end of a set to Lindz end - she carelessly lobbed it close to Linz. Lindz might have even had to move a step or two to avoid it coming down on her. Anyway - Lindz seemed to do excatly the same as JJ a week early because she went into a huff. She lost the match and refused to shake JJ's hand at the end. And she was the one a week ago criticising JJ for imploding. Now don't get me wrong. JJ was in the wrong and careless where she lobbed the ball back. But she was embarrased and tried to apologise and again apologise at the net. But Lindz wouldn't have it. Wasn't interested in accepting the apology and walked off.

JJ apologised again in her post match interview. Linz just went on and on about this is not junior tennis. I have always believed that Lindz just never liked JJ and Caro.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Mar 17th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #1147
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Nervous about the final later on! Hope our Princess will win!! Will she?

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #1148
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay has never liked Caro, she bashes her the moment she has a chance not matter what. I don't think Caro cares too much, her idol was Hingis not Davenpork.

Today it will be tough, I haven't watched Maria this week, only a few glimpses at the beginning of her match against Kirilenko and she was hitting the ball really hard and deep. Caro needs to have a really good day to stop Sharapova from blasting her off the court but I have hope, no one expected Aga to beat Maria in Miami last year.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #1149
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Sam and Jo are fine. It's the male commentator on ES, whomever they put in there. I just cannot stand them and always ends watching with the sound off. The Tennis.tv dude. Don't know his name, but he's Ace!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #1150
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
What a contrast this all sounds to Sam and Jo. They are brilliant and respectful commentators with a lot of insight even though their tennis careers were not as good as Lindz.

I actually saw a nasty side to Lindz way back in 2007 against JJ. Lindz was in her comeback year and played JJ at Bali in 2007. JJ of course was off the map compared with Linz in 2005 but was now a much better player - and was now better than Lindz. Anyway JJ was in total control a set up and something happenned - I can't remember what but she was furious about it and had a long go at the chair umpire. Well she fell apart and lost and completely imploded. That was a terrible loss of control and focus by JJ. You have to learn to draw a line under those things and not let it affect your play. Lindz said exactly the same thing after the match and criticised JJ for imploding like that.

The following week they had a rematch at Beijing. When JJ lobbed a ball back at the end of a set to Lindz end - she carelessly lobbed it close to Linz. Lindz might have even had to move a step or two to avoid it coming down on her. Anyway - Lindz seemed to do excatly the same as JJ a week early because she went into a huff. She lost the match and refused to shake JJ's hand at the end. And she was the one a week ago criticising JJ for imploding. Now don't get me wrong. JJ was in the wrong and careless where she lobbed the ball back. But she was embarrased and tried to apologise and again apologise at the net. But Lindz wouldn't have it. Wasn't interested in accepting the apology and walked off.

JJ apologised again in her post match interview. Linz just went on and on about this is not junior tennis. I have always believed that Lindz just never liked JJ and Caro.
Thanks for that insightful anecdote;looks like Davenport is just a phony blowhard for all her pretense at having standards.Once again,I'd like to know if she reserves her only criticisms for counterpunchers,or would she comment(??) on the Lisicki disgrace in Memphis a few weeks back when Sabine lost the first set badly to heavy underdog Erakovic,got a nervous case of the shits...and just QUIT on all the fans who'd paid to watch the final.Appallingly,Sabine was supposedly too sick to compete yet was perfectly healthy enough to smile broadly and pose for SEVERAL pics in the post-match trophy photo shoot not long afterwards.We don't even need to name the injury-faking,"cover girl" slut who was probably Lisicki's role model

To me,that's FAR worse than any 'crime' that Caro has committed;have ANY commentators ever held the worst player-fakers accountable??Or are they only Caro-bashers--ignoring players who admit that they're completely healthy in the post-match presser after a double bagel loss,and then suddenly "discovering" an injury 3 days later

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #1151
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
^^ Sam and Jo are fine. It's the male commentator on ES, whomever they put in there.
Sam and Jo are great - in fact Sam is the best analyst ever as far as I'm concerned. Annabel Croft is ok as well. I have nothing against Simon or what's his name ("how do you like the dress, Jo"). Frew is the best of their male commentators though. Chris Bowers is the only (sometime) eurosport commentator that I can't stand. All in all the eurosport team is pretty terrific in my opinion. I miss them.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #1152
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Lindsay has never liked Caro, she bashes her the moment she has a chance not matter what. I don't think Caro cares too much, her idol was Hingis not Davenpork.

Today it will be tough, I haven't watched Maria this week, only a few glimpses at the beginning of her match against Kirilenko and she was hitting the ball really hard and deep. Caro needs to have a really good day to stop Sharapova from blasting her off the court but I have hope, no one expected Aga to beat Maria in Miami last year.
Well, she's in top form and looked impressive so far. I don't think it will be easy for Caroline, but the final of a premier mandatory never is. Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #1153
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

One of the things I was most happy about in the SF was Caro using DSs several times, and doing it well. I hope we'll see that in the final also.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1154
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
Maybe Woz should let Mcilroy dress up in drag and play. I mean, he does have a 100% record against pova.
If ever Caro needs to do a Serena imitation again, today is the day.
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #1155
country flag bruce goose

Couldn't get a good livestream,but none of you at Livescores seemed to think that Caro looked particularly poised out there today.In the back of her mind,Caro knows that Sharpie was quite a bit weaker back when Caro beat her,and a loss like today's won't have Sunshine feeling too confident whenever the NEXT big matchup with a top player occurs.I agree with those who say that this was a nice fortnight,overall,yet we're going to keep seeing this same brick wall whenever Caro faces an elite player,unless that player is injured or sick....or Caroline just plays out of her mind that day

Closed Thread