Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 75 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #1111
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

That was a great match! What it means is that Caro is serious about getting back to the top
Next is a Mandatory final
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #1112
country flag neverforget
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

6-5 Caroline. She has to do it this time. Come on, Caroline, you can do it.

YES, YES, YES. Love you, Caroline.
neverforget is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #1113
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

As for her two potential opponents,Caro is 2-4 vs. the big-name cover girl,and 5-1 vs. her Adidas partner...with the only loss being that injury default in last year's NH semis.Given a choice,I'd rather that Caro played the latter,but she should be believing in herself now with the possible exception of close-out service games

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!

Last edited by bruce goose : Mar 16th, 2013 at 05:18 AM. Reason: on/in typo
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 04:35 AM   #1114
country flag neverforget
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

Sharapova is good, but I will maintain to the end of my days, which are probably not that far away, she is a cheater with her screaming. I much prefer to watch Maria Kirilenko and she doesn't scream on the tennis court.

But Caroline can beat either one. I know she can. She was incredible tonight. I doubted her in the first set, but I am really happy for her.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 05:20 AM   #1115
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

ChrissieEvert: So happy to c @CaroWozniacki reach a final! Love it when she attacks and comes in to the net! Keep it up! Winning combination...
CaroWozniacki: Thru to the finals for the third time here! So excited! Love this tournament! #indianwells
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #1116
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

According to the TV viewing guide,Caro's match is scheduled to start at 12 local time on Sunday.Will be out of the house at that hour,but I'm sure that all of you will be cheering her on from Livescores then

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #1117
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

It's awfully early for a Saturday morning but what a pleasant surprise to wake up to! A PM final seemed like a long shot going into IW with an early Kuala Lumpur exit in the baggage. Well done
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #1118

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova it is. Caro has some good memories playing Masha here in IW but I consider the Russian a 60-40 favorite this time around.

The last half of IW13 has been a weird mirror image of IW11. In IW11, Caro's last 4 opponents were Kleybanova, Azarenka, Sharapova and Bartoli. In IW13, her last 4 opponent are Petrova, Azarenka, Kerber and Sharapova.
Kleybanova and Petrova are somewhat the same type: a heavy Russian girl with heavy strokes but unstabile.
Azarenka retired in 11, in 13 she withdrew.
Bartoli and Kerber are very different types of players but my first thought when seeing Kerber for the first time was actually, "she reminds me of Bartoli" because they have a similar body type: broad build and not very tall. And Caro beat them both in 3 sets.
Caro beat Sharapova 1 & 2 here two years ago. I doubt that will happen again, Masha is a better player now. Caro will need a high percentage of 1st serves because I think Masha will punish weak 2nd serves. Caro must get the tall Russian running so she can't stand still and use her full power. Our girl must also be sharp on the BPs she hopefully gets, not like Kirilenko who failed to break despite 3 DFs in one game.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #1119
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Sharapova it is. Caro has some good memories playing Masha here in IW but I consider the Russian a 60-40 favorite this time around.

The last half of IW13 has been a weird mirror image of IW11. In IW11, Caro's last 4 opponents were Kleybanova, Azarenka, Sharapova and Bartoli. In IW13, her last 4 opponent are Petrova, Azarenka, Kerber and Sharapova.
Kleybanova and Petrova are somewhat the same type: a heavy Russian girl with heavy strokes but unstabile.
Azarenka retired in 11, in 13 she withdrew.
Bartoli and Kerber are very different types of players but my first thought when seeing Kerber for the first time was actually, "she reminds me of Bartoli" because they have a similar body type: broad build and not very tall. And Caro beat them both in 3 sets.
Caro beat Sharapova 1 & 2 here two years ago. I doubt that will happen again, Masha is a better player now. Caro will need a high percentage of 1st serves because I think Masha will punish weak 2nd serves. Caro must get the tall Russian running so she can't stand still and use her full power. Our girl must also be sharp on the BPs she hopefully gets, not like Kirilenko who failed to break despite 3 DFs in one game.
Yes, Pova might be the favorite by a mile, but this match is also a chance for Caro, an opportunity to play one of the hottest players of the moment. Caro has, of lately, shown some real problemsolving skills, who knows, the year isn't over yet, Caro might get some good wins later on.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #1120

Caro has been quite good at breaking some semi-long losing streaks the last couple of months: 3 loses against Li, 2 against Stosur, 2 against Lisicki and 3 against Kerber.
On Sunday she may break a 2 loses streak against Sharapova. If that fails, I hope she can soon break her 3 loses streak against Goerges or Aga (I wonder how Aga deals with moonballs?).
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #1121
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of

Yes, I agree 'C. W. Fields' I loved the way she took Jie Zheng apart in Dubai and taking Kerber down must have felt good . I also liked the match against Petra in Dubai, even if she lost, it might have given her some pointers for later, which is good. She's on the move again
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #1122
country flag neverforget
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

I think Lindsay Davenport redeemed herself. She was enthusiastic and supportive of the way Caroline became crafty, moving forward, and going on offense for winners when it really counted. It finally got them to stop talking about her having been #1.
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1123
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverforget View Post
Sharapova is good, but I will maintain to the end of my days, which are probably not that far away, she is a cheater with her screaming.
If I had kept a list of every player who's ever been called a cheater at TF I think all of them would be on it by now. Despite the fact that I like Maria very much I find the screaming annoying as well. But no umpire has ever told her to cut it out, and as long as they don't determine that it's against the rules it's not cheating.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #1124
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova it is then and with a rest day between SF and the F.

I don't know if 2012 Caro can defend well enough to beat Sharapova in I/W again, but I think attacking Caro anno 2013 will hit through Pova. Caro is a great defensive player, but the way Kerber got to everything - E VE RY THING - was out of this world. Pova won't reach half of the shots Kerber did.

That said, Caro will likely adapt a very different strategy for playing Pova than Kerber. Unfortunately maybe.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #1125
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Sharapova it is then and with a rest day between SF and the F.

I don't know if 2012 Caro can defend well enough to beat Sharapova in I/W again, but I think attacking Caro anno 2013 will hit through Pova. Caro is a great defensive player, but the way Kerber got to everything - E VE RY THING - was out of this world. Pova won't reach half of the shots Kerber did.

That said, Caro will likely adapt a very different strategy for playing Pova than Kerber. Unfortunately maybe.
I very seriously doubt that any version of Caroline can "hit through Sharapova." Outsmart and/or outgrind her, perhaps. But Sharapova's shots are faster by far, so I think it would be a mistake to get into a ball bashing contest with her.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread