Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #1036
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I must have missed the day Steffi showed up to play and finished the match with an achilles tear. Next you will be suggesting that beating woofy is only valid if she isn't playing like an inconsistent fool, even if that only occurs once a year near a full moon.

A win is a win, and GM is for "beat her better'er than your one and it doesn't count because she had a zit on her nose".
Don't know who 'woofy' is,so I couldn't offer you any comment on your obscure choice of nicknames.Unlike you,I don't go to GM,either,so I haven't done any analysis on their frail brand of GroupThink that's devoid of critical thinking but,if it's any consolation to you,you're wrong,because I'd never use avoidable poor play as an excuse for a defeat.I'll let you sober up first before inviting you to ponder the disparity in severity between an achilles tendon tear and a zit.Also,I fail to see any clear analogy with lousy execution and a fluke injury to a player with sound training habits(though you might be pleased to read that aye AM disinclined to accept injury-themed,'poor-me' whining from players who fail to work with a respected fitness coach).

Further,I'll agree with you that the more random injuries are part of the sport,so I promise to not piss on the victory parade if Caro beats her buddy,okay?Caro has had her own share of bad luck over the years,so I'll be glad for her advancement no matter how she gets it(barring something gruesome such as the murder of her opponent).It's been a long,long day,Burisleif,so that's all I've got for tonight....will see you around

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #1037
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Caro isn't hitting her 1st serve in the mid 80 mile per hour range like she was against Petrova. Unlike a lot of players Vika will take advantage of weak 1st serves.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #1038
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

It makes me a bit sad and annoyed that a healthy Caro is viewed by some as a preferred potential opponent to an injured, ill Vika.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Mar 14th, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #1039
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
It makes me a bit sad and annoyed that a healthy Caro is viewed by some as a preferred potential opponent to an injured, ill Vika.
You can mock me, if she retires, but I am with Aga. Vika plays injured only to hop around like the Duracell bunny. I don't buy Vika's 'injuries' for a second. She's a drama queen.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #1040
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

I see both players as better returners than servers, so I expect a good deal of BPs. BP efficiency is gonna be key in this match.
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1041
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
You can mock me, if she retires, but I am with Aga. Vika plays injured only to hop around like the Duracell bunny. I don't buy Vika's 'injuries' for a second. She's a drama queen.
me neither! Doesn't look to me that she's extremely injured!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #1042
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I see both players as better returners than servers, so I expect a good deal of BPs. BP efficiency is gonna be key in this match.
I think Vika is clearly the better returner and I'd give her an edge on serve as well (although that wasn't the case a couple of years ago).
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #1043
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
By whom and to whom?
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #1044
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
By whom and to whom?
I've seen some posts by Kerber fans giving a preference for Kerber to play Caro even though Vika is injured and ill.
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #1045
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I agree, especially on the bold part.

If she's really that injured we will see tonight, Caro is far from her best form but she can rally all day if necessary, should be enough if Vika can't move.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1046
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Vika withdraws. Caro to play equally rested Kerber in SF. Will Caro lose 4th in a row?
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #1047
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Rematch of the last Copenhagen final. This is a big match because Caroline can re-establish herself right now.
She hasnt been to a Tier I final in 2 years, and she needs these points.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #1048
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Shame I wanted a 5-2 H2H

I'm smelling a 3 setter against Angie, hopefully it's a good match, they played some good matches in 2012. Caro was close in Beijing or Tokyo can't remember, let's see if she can pull the win this time.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #1049
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Vika withdraws. Caro to play equally rested Kerber in SF. Will Caro lose 4th in a row?
Protoss, feel free to mock me

However, I maintain the view, Vika is an injury faking drama queen. Just coz this one injury may be too severe for her to play, it doesn't change the overall picture.

Or maybe ... Vika is too scared to be slayed by Caro, so Vika withdraws due to 'injury' ... Hmmmm. Yes, that's what it is

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #1050
country flag Blu€

I mean when you withdraw claiming a bad pedicure....you lose all credibility no matter what

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

Closed Thread