Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 56 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #826
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Not a very nice result to wake up to before heading to work;it's bad enough to choose to play Koala Dung-Pure but,if you physically show up,you should at least give a professional effort.The only justification I can see from this is if Caroline's ankle was,indeed,hurting a bit...and she started tanking to avoid risking a more serious injury

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #827
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Money for exho's, appearance fees for tournaments will soon disappear if your stature in the game drops.
This is a tough call, because if her ankle is bad, she cant play the full week anyway.
Maybe she should give back the appearance fee? I've never seen that, and she finished the match.
Its much more important that she gets to IW healthy than hobbles thru this week and needs a month off.

But still, all that happened so far in 2013 has the players continuing wanting Caroline as a seed in their section of the draw.
She has to continue to get to YEC players, to re-establish herself. Nothing this week would affect that, IW/Miami will, if she does really well
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #828
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This is a tough call, because if her ankle is bad, she cant play the full week anyway.
Maybe she should give back the appearance fee? I've never seen that, and she finished the match.
Its much more important that she gets to IW healthy than hobbles thru this week and needs a month off.

But still, all that happened so far in 2013 has the players continuing wanting Caroline as a seed in their section of the draw.
She has to continue to get to YEC players, to re-establish herself. Nothing this week would affect that, IW/Miami will, if she does really well
She shouldn't give back the appearance fee. Nobody would do this. It's unlikely she will have got her full appearance fee as such for going out in R1 anyway. My point was more is it really worth picking up $100-$200k here in a career context. Are you giving yourself the best chance of playing your best tennis in Indian Wells if you're in Asia 4 days before you play playing small tournaments and exhibitions?

While getting to YEC players has to be the initial goal, longer term she has to be more challenging to these players. She has lost so much ground on her peers in 18 months it's frightening. Think of the mental hold she had over Radwanska 2 years ago, now it's pretty much the other way around.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #829
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline

A new low. Caro has hit rock bottom. The worst loss in her career

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #830
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Caroline

I'm not sure I go along with this. In context of she had problems of some kind today, I wouldn't even say it was her worst loss of the year (Pervak comes to mind).
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #831
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I'm not sure I go along with this. In context of she had problems of some kind today, I wouldn't even say it was her worst loss of the year (Pervak comes to mind).
WTF Pervak >>>>>>>>>>>> Wang !!!!!

And if Caro was injured/ill she should`ve retired. But she did not, so no excuse

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #832
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This wasnt a smart scheduling move when she playing Doha & Dubai.
But its over. If she finished the match, she's probably okay for the exo with Aga

I wouldnt over react to this, although there is nothing positive about it either.

Lets see how motivated she is at IW. That ultimately will determine the rest of her career. How badly does she want to be her absolute best?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #833
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she can have a good run at IW & Miami, I really like too see her back into the top 5, but she going have too do better on closing out matches

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #834
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caroline

There was the Begu loss at the US Open this year which may or not be worse. I don't blame you for apparently forgetting that match.

There are a few other pretty bad losses but they're mainly from 2007 (I don't think Caro cracked the top 60 that year) or earlier.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #835
country flag rucolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
There was the Begu loss at the US Open this year which may or not be worse. I don't blame you for apparently forgetting that match.
WTF Begu >>>>>>>>>> Wang !!!!!

Some here did not get it. Caro lost to Wang, and not Peng/Zheng

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #836
country flag ozza

Quote:
WTF Pervak >>>>>>>>>>>> Wang !!!!!

And if Caro was injured/ill she should`ve retired. But she did not, so no excuse
I look beyond the ranking and level of opponent, and look more into the context of the time. Today something was clearly up, she was low on energy from the beginning progressively got worse. That to me is better than losing to the world #103 by them effectively out-toughing you and playing the big points better.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #837
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This wasnt a smart scheduling move when she playing Doha & Dubai.
But its over. If she finished the match, she's probably okay for the exo with Aga

I wouldnt over react to this, although there is nothing positive about it either.

Lets see how motivated she is at IW. That ultimately will determine the rest of her career. How badly does she want to be her absolute best?
I agree, I mean I don't have a problem with her playing KL because she has the exhibition close by but it was a poor choice of a MM to play, at least it's out of the way. A shame Copenhague was canceled.

IW and Miami will be the test of where her game is. The same, worse or back on track.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #838
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTF Begu >>>>>>>>>> Wang !!!!!

Some here did not get it. Caro lost to Wang, and not Peng/Zheng
A 1st round loss in a grand slam is a pretty big deal and Caro won only 4 games in that match against someone ranked outside the top 50.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #839
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

some people are overacting here, she was unwell/injured, yes, she should have retired but for whatever reasons she didn't, let's just move on! There are more important tournaments coming, let's hope she recovers fast and will be ready for them!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #840
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
I hope Malaysia Open got what needed from Wozniacki before 26 76(1) 61 loss 2 Qiang Wang. She must have gotten at 150,000 in appearance $

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread